Rosehip Oil

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by Belowen, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Belowen

Belowen ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Does anyone else use RoseHip oil or products on their skin/face? :flower:

2. adorefaith

adorefaith i'm almost ready..

just bought some today....
    100% certified organic rosehip oil...
    beautiful packaging- but omg the stuff stinks !

:blink:...

i dont know if i'm going to be able to handle it.....:lol:

ive heard its amazing for the skin....
    but god does it smell :ninja:

3. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

Rosehip oil is like a miracle product for scars! I wouldn't recommend it for acne-prone skin cause it will clog your pores.

Aubrey-Organics makes wonderful products with Rosa Mosqueta (aka rosehip.)

4. adorefaith

hi kaleigh-
    rosehip oil, as far as ive read, is recommended for acne scars....
    and that assumes that the person's skin is acne-prone....

so i'm wondering how that works ?.....

5. mellowdrama

mellowdrama 101st monkey airborne

Rosehip oil is indeed excellent for scars. As for it being acnegenic, I've never had trouble with it. I see alot of people with old acne scars from adolescence who are no longer acne prone as adults (I'm in this group--my scars aren't too many or that deep). I've used it to help fade mole removal scars to great effect. It goes rancid fast, though. I always dose mine up with vitamin E oil (antioxidant) so it lasts longer. It might also keep better refrigerated. It certainly isn't rosy-scented!

6. adorefaith

mellow- do you mix it with anything other than vit E?
    do you think it would change its healing properties?....

7. mellowdrama

^I've put drops of lavender and petitgrain oil in it to cut the stink (i.e. "aromatherapy"). I only put the contents of one small capsule (400IUs) into a one-ounce bottle of rosehip oil. It's enough to keep the oil from oxidizing quickly, but I don't think the vitamin e is concentrated enough to be of therapeutic value to the skin, it just helps the base oil stay fresh longer. The Aubrey Organics book on natural cosmetics has loads of info on this oil, various herbs and ingredients, and in making you own organic skincare items.

8. adorefaith

thanks for the info....:flower:
    i think i'll add a few drops of lavendar- i'm extremely sensitive to smells and cant handle it :ninja:

9. chanelnumber5

chanelnumber5 New Member

Could somebody please tell me the benefits of using rosehip oil and how you use it (like as a facial wash or just put where needed on the skin). Thanks :flower:

10. cric-croc

cric-croc Member

where do you buy it - i live in London by the way?thanks

11. mellowdrama

The brand I buy is Naprodis' Phybiosis. The line is based in California, but their products are originally from France. Aubrey Organics also supplies a rosehip seed oil called "Rosa Mosqueta" after the South American name for the oil.

Here is a UK-based link with more information about and product ordering for rosehip seed oil:

http://www.aromantic.co.uk/frameset.asp?http://www.aromantic.co.uk/rosehip-seed-oil.htm

I just mix mine with a drop or two of lavender and petitgrain oils inside a dram-sized bottle. I had minor surgery and used the oil to help the scar heal---I just rubbed it on three or four times a day. It's something you just use a drop or two of all over the face--night-time would be ideal. You might just try a patch-test on one small bit of facial skin for a week or so to test if it gives you spots or not. I never had that trouble with it, but then again I am a withered old dry thing these days.

Here's another UK google link with product and information. Apparently for London, try Covent Garden:

http://www.coventgardenlife.com/rosehip/default.htm

Cheers!

12. adorefaith

cric-croc...
    i'm in australia, and bought my rosehip oil from a health food store....its by kosmea... they are australian but it says something about kosmea UK on the back of the box....

www.kosmea.com

i think they have an option to buy online too...:flower:

13. adorefaith

14. Belle Princesse

Belle Princesse New Member

Thanx for this because I was considering trying this oil and sometimes on the label it doesn't tell you that the oil will go off quick, I will try adding vitamin e oil too.

15. Sylphide

Sylphide Member

how quickly does it go off? anyone had luck using this on current acne rather than just scars? i have read that it contains retinol and is therefore helpful.

16. Dulcisima

Dulcisima Active Member

A friend of mine burnt her arm from ironing, the iron fell on her arm so she had this triangle shape sorta scar on her arm, she went to a plastic surgeron to remove the scar he said he cannot remove it 100% , they will still be visible scars.
    So she started using Rosehip oil, 8 years later there is not a visible sign on her arm! it completely disappeared! she also uses it on her face for wrinkles and she doesnt have a line!
    i am using it on my strechmarks hoping for a mircale:wink: lol

17. Belowen

Belowen ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I have been using my Trilogy Organic Rosehip Oil every night on my face and I am loving it. My skin seems 'plumper' and softer in the mornings, and it has a certain glow to it. I find my skintone seems to be more even when I use it too. I would only ever use it at night though, it's way too rich/heavy for daytime use, IMO as it takes a little while to sink into skin.

18. Mafiosa

Mafiosa Active Member

^ I love trilogy! I just bought a bottle about a month ago, but i've used it before too.. It's a great product for discolouration and scars. I agree that it's a bit too rich for daytime (but i sometimes use it anyway if i'm just at home^_^). And 20ml lasts forever!:heart:

19. brokenenglish

brokenenglish Deep Red Bells

I bought some that I have been using on a small patch of eczema I've had on my leg for years. It's not gone yet but this is the best treatment for it I have tried so far.
    I am tempted to try it on my face for my dry as sandpaper winter skin.

The only thing is the kind I bought has no smell. :huh:
    It says on the package 100% organic rosehip seed oil......

Why doesn't mine stink to high hell like everyone else is complaining of?
    :unsure:

20. Belowen

Belowen ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I don't think it stinks to high hell ^_^ It definitely has a muted, musky sort of smell to me but it's nothing unpleasant IMO.