Saint Laurent F/W 2021.22 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Apr 28, 2021.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. vogue28

4. GERGIN

GERGIN Well-Known Member

Looks like a hybrid of Blumarine and Chanel’s collection for F/W 21.22 but there’s NO LIFE to these clothes, and that look book is partly to blame!

5. THD96

THD96 Well-Known Member

Stunning location and amazing music. What a great presentation. It's a shame that the lookbook is so boring.

What is the biggest trend next season? Chanel rip-off I see. Just because Gabrielle Chanel called Yves Saint Laurent her heir doesn't mean you can shamelessly rip-off her jackets like that. I'm more impress by the jewelry.

6. MyNameIs

MyNameIs Well-Known Member

I've actually liked Vacarello for (Y)SL but this is a no. It's like he took the worst elements of himself and mixed it with the current Gucci (which has no worst elements because it's all awful).

7. reese06

reese06 Well-Known Member

This is a good proposition. At times a bit commercial and boring.

Love that it's a bit kinky and perverted. Sometimes a bit too literal in the way of "this is my mom's old YSL from the 70s and I'm repurposing it".

I hate the word cool but I must say the girls look very "cool" and sexy. Possibly even a bit cliche but the clothing is lovely.

The jewelry is a standout.

Great casting.

thatsfierce and annikad like this.
  8. Marc10

Marc10 Moderator

"Honey, I Shrunk the Clothes"

AnaD, Nomar, Sai and 10 others like this.
  9. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

You can tell he´s been browsing Chanel Winter 96/97 and 97/98 collections to make this luxury fast-fashion collection.

10. annikad

annikad Active Member

I confess I'm a big fan of Anthony and probably always will be, I liked his collections for YSL from the beginning. There are a couple of "weaker" looks but all in all I love the colours, the silhouettes and tailoring. My favourite look is the black waistcoat with the white shorts and tights, it feels fresh and just balances the right amount between elegant and sexy.

Phoebobo22 and GivenchyAddict like this.
  11. Mrs.T

Mrs.T Active Member

Originality and creativity in fashion are dead it seems. Now a days designers seem to follow trends instead of creating them. Shame.

12. avonlea002

avonlea002 Well-Known Member

At this point everyone does Chanel better than Virgie.

LoveFashion25, Nomar, Mody and 22 others like this.
  13. Serend1pity

Serend1pity Well-Known Member

This brand is clearly just stealing from the 90s now because what is their obsession with heroin chic

14. tctra

tctra Active Member

As usual, the video was mesmerizing

Sai likes this.
  15. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

By watching the video which is really beautiful (location location location!), I asked myself how much I would like the idea of Vaccarello at Chanel. Bringing youth and sexiness. Playing with the most irreverent collections of Karl or the most conservative ones.

Besides that, a nice collection. A bit too retro because of the excess of jewelry and the styling.

Sai, Olaffo and TianCouture like this.
  16. susseinmcswanny

susseinmcswanny Well-Known Member

Not mad at this!

17. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

absolutely depressing. But I guess it was my fault to start to believe in him after his last winter collection. Unfortunately, this time the whole thing lacks of that kind of perversity and unapologetic fashion sense that was built one year ago. The clothes and the styling just look...cute. I can't see a mature woman having desire for these looks: it's kinda "hey, Hailey and her friends are going to love this!". Remove all the tags from the clothes and you'll believe that everything belongs to an expensive capsule of Topshop. The livestream was beautiful in terms of location but dear lord, it was so boring that in the middle of it I had to pause to went straight to the lookbook. Honestly, now I don't even mind about what he would bring to the table next season.
    I think he had a great idea behind this new YSL but he couldn't keep it working.

#17 helmutnotdead, Apr 28, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    popmajor, donyan, Sai and 2 others like this.
  18. JohannesL

JohannesL Well-Known Member

This collection is exactly like what Hedi would do for Chanel.

19. TianCouture

TianCouture Well-Known Member

Pure, unapologetic sex and glamour. Such a contrast to the banality of everything today. I am obsessed with this. I've always liked AV, but if you told me 10 years ago he'd be producing something this good, I would have been skeptical.

He can reference whatever he wants 24/7. I love it. This is what Heidi wishes he was doing and worlds better than his Celiné

entten, Nomar and liberty33r1b like this.
  20. disco54

disco54 Well-Known Member

This looks like a trashier teenage sluut version of Chanel, dont see much YSL. Vaccarello does not have much of an identity, most of his tenure his clothes were rip offs of Slimane's looks for SLP, now it seems Vaccarello is looking at Chanel. I don't see grown women wear this sh!t.

donyan, Sai, joedago and 2 others like this.