Saint Laurent Menswear F/W 2024.25 by Glen Luchford

The orignal Spring 1999 campaign is so iconic that this recreation seems unnecessary.
And anyone who didn't enjoy it at the time can see more in Mariah Kunkel's feature here:

FINALLY SOME FASHION!!!!!!!!!!

Good god this is great. Anthony doing something so many brands are scared to do...Create a mood you want yo buy into!

Not product lead, just stunning images that you want to see in Print and rip out of magazines and pin them to your wall as a kid.

THANK GOD!

It's an interesting direction, the images look fantastic and I have absolutely no complaints! Saint Laurent campaigns usually appeal to me, but this is a nice change from their usual Sims studio portraits or Teller's Parisian streets. Love the cinematic mood and artistic compositions, it's truly beautiful. Can't wait to see more!

I am a huge fan of Glen Luchford but I expected this would look way better than what I am seeing in his images.

You can’t even deny that the production of these photographs look way cheaper than the Mario Sorrenti images from 1999.

Just goes to show the lack of imagination these brands have nowadays…just greedy lil b****ez!

As a Mario fan and considering the 1999 campaign to be YSL's BEST, which should remain untouchable, it bothers me a little to see that even nowadays, with so many resources, they can't do anything better. On the other hand, for the standards we have nowadays, it's good to see something like this...

Are their clients and masses today same in to classic art as in 1999? I dont think so

I like how Anthony’s Teller campaigns evoked the Helmut Newton era as much I loved when Tom Ford did a remix of Helmut Newton and Guy Bourdin at YSL.

But, I think the Pierre Bergé late 90’s campaigns are kind of untouchable…Mainly because they have aged wonderfully.

The composition is nice but it’s quite boring…
Maybe I’m not touched because I have already seen it many times and it feels like a rehash of a rehash but ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericsalodesign
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->