Saint Laurent Pre-Fall 2024 Paris

I'd like to see him doing the latex and the tweet, or anything that doesn't scream YSL again. I mean, all of these clothes, season after season of concentration on the house code, are becoming very lacklustre.

the pieces of Stefano are the ones I still wear a lot. I think from 2006 to 2009, he did his thing.
he has really good eye for timeless clothes plus his tailoring is always amazing. even when he is pushing for his new edgy berlin techno scene clothes, i still see a few clothes i wanna live in.

I can see why someone like Hedi Slimane would appeal to the Wertheimer's for the Chanel position when I watch collections like this. He can do luxurious ready-to-wear convincingly in a way that a lot of these other designers can't.
Hedi's ready to wear is bourgeois bs.

It only takes a second to realize how much he betrayed himself by looking at his feed.

He's rolling with the punches for a paycheck. He's a sellout.

If he wasn't, he would have stayed full on rock, no matter the tide. A fraud that man is.

I'm so conflicted because I find myself agreeing with all the negative comments here about the lack of creativity, luxury and interest etc here; but at the same time - god, I really, really want to be this woman.
I just think that Vacarello is maybe the only current CD having managed to create a complete fantasy of the women he shows, neuroses included. A universe that one can aspire, even reluctantly.

The clothes in stores are actually very delicate, it's paper-thin fabric and detailled laces, hanging by a thread, all the knit (and the sheer skirt are knitted silks) is incredible but also extremely fragile. I really doubt it can properly copied by Inditex.
Stores have more than the lookbooks , including some utilitarian safari-jackets in charmeuse, and some denim miniskirt with muslin pockets.

I just think that Vacarello is maybe the only current CD having managed to create a complete fantasy of the women he shows, neuroses included. A universe that one can aspire, even reluctantly.

The clothes in stores are actually very delicate, it's paper-thin fabric and detailled laces, hanging by a thread, all the knit (and the sheer skirt are knitted silks) is incredible but also extremely fragile. I really doubt it can properly copied by Inditex.
Stores have more than the lookbooks , including some utilitarian safari-jackets in charmeuse, and some denim miniskirt with muslin pockets.
Thank you! What do you think of the store designs under Vacarello? I sometimes wonder if the clothes would look much better in a darker, more moody space.

Hedi's ready to wear is bourgeois bs.

It only takes a second to realize how much he betrayed himself by looking at his feed.

He's rolling with the punches for a paycheck. He's a sellout.

If he wasn't, he would have stayed full on rock, no matter the tide. A fraud that man is.
lol rock and roll takes from classic bourgeois clothes suiting and military and mixed with punk goth and ethnic etc it's not one dimensional leather pants and a black open shirt ...him dissecting it for one season to the next or mx is all part of the repertoire ..his obsession is youth cultures linked with music and low fi analog approach.

even metallica lead singer shops at armani, and rock stars of many genres have worn classic suits on and off stage etc etc

i don't understand how Hedi´s current Celine is not heavy leaning into rock and roll to say it plainly, even the summer commercial campaign is a rock star wife/or girlfriend/groupie on holiday.

Rocks stars don't live in a tent they have Rolce Royce etc lol

lol rock and roll takes from classic bourgeois clothes suiting and military and mixed with punk goth and ethnic etc it's not one dimensional leather pants and a black open shirt ...him dissecting it for one season to the next or mx is all part of the repertoire ..his obsession is youth cultures linked with music and low fi analog approach.

even metallica lead singer shops at armani, and rock stars of many genres have worn classic suits on and off stage etc etc

i don't understand how Hedi´s current Celine is not heavy leaning into rock and roll to say it plainly, even the summer commercial campaign is a rock star wife/or girlfriend/groupie on holiday.

Rocks stars don't live in a tent they have Rolce Royce etc lol
You're right. Many rock stars turn out to be bourgeois pos who date girls who could be their daughters like some raging child molesters. He's one of them. Good luck at Chanel.

How dare you!

Hedi isn't the type who dates girls who could be his daughters, he's the type who date boys who could be his sons.
That's so good 😂 And so true, thank you ! His models will be prepubescent at Chanel, just watch out !

Every time I go to a non-Hedi thread in hopes of engaging in some non-Hedi discussion for once...

In any case, the actual pieces in this SL pre-fall collection are decent. It's the styling, modeling, and photography that put me off of it. This particular "sexy" vibe is very much not sexy or even pleasant-looking to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WesleyWong
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->