Saint Laurent S/S 2021 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Salvatore

Salvatore Wanderlust

Until he can top that recent fabulous Fall/Winter collection and show, anything he does is going to look cheap and boring to me.

2. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

Let's just be thankful a designer is designing for women and not children, Lola.

That would be blasphemy and the faux-outrage from the twitter mob would demand Anthony to be burned at the stake and SL be cancelled for “cultural appropriation”.

3. mathiaskatz

mathiaskatz Well-Known Member

Loved the show.

4. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

I loved the show, loved this collection. Feels very Pre-fall because it is very commercial but then I remember that this year has been a mess for business so they want their money back. They have a goal to reach another billion year after year.

Their communication and marketing team is good. They know how to make it desirable and honestly I am always craving for grown up women, sexiness, glamour collections. ALWAYS :shifty:.

entten and RedSmokeRise like this.
  5. heize

heize New Member

Is there somewhere I can find the names of all models?

6. WAVES

WAVES Well-Known Member

the sand looked amazing!

boring... repetitive and nothing new. and those prints?
    a couple of nice sexy outfits don’t make a collection.
    some of the jewellery pieces seemed very nice...

7. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

Now imagine he'd styled his show like this...I really miss dreaming of foreign places.

Callaghan S_S 1991 (23).jpg

Twitter

8. Fulton St Critique

Fulton St Critique Active Member

I loved it. Absolute sensuality, yet not overly vulgar. His cuts were so attractive, truly feminine and contemporary. I thought the use of fur and feathers added a luxurious feel to the clothing as well, without steeping into the dated realm. As a long time supporter of Vaccarello, I believed he delivered this season and a happy for him. Perhaps it because we had such an uninspired Spring Summer season, but I feel this has been one of the highlights of his tenure as SL.

entten and annikad like this.
  9. Kimihiro

Kimihiro Member

The presentation as always is superb. I was expecting a bit more though after the last collection. I thought it was the start of Anthony taking the house out of cruise control mode but maybe baby steps.

Rubiksen likes this.
  10. Riseup

Riseup Well-Known Member

Loved every minute of it, he definitely knows how to put a show, even without an audience.

11. Riseup

Riseup Well-Known Member

heize likes this.
  12. PierreGotha

PierreGotha Member

Anthony took the opportunity to use what limits everyone and made a spectacle out of it. This presentation is one of the highlights of Fashion’s pandemic era. Since it’s a Pre Fall collection, we shouldn’t be expecting the most impressive pieces but Anthony kept it consistent and appealing.

MulletProof likes this.
  13. Fiercification

Fiercification Well-Known Member

A really strong collection. I haven't watched the video, but the lookbook (and I usually hate this mode of presentation) highlights the allure of this outing perfectly.

I'm not that into this type of styling, but almost every piece has legs (in more ways than one here) and looks like a hit. Great accessories and jewelry as well, apart from the neck ties/corsages which always look naff.

14. tctra

tctra Active Member

That show was a fashion moment. MOH-MENT! This is the show that future fashion designers will look back as the one that made them want to get into fashion

15. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

16. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Reading the comments, I felt like i missed something...
    Went back, watched it 2 times, went on Vogue.com....It's still terribly underwhelming, even more with the overwhelming positive reviews.
    I love the 2 jumpsuits and the the black chiffon dress with the feathers hem but that's it.

Maybe it's the desire for Glamour that can explain the reactions but I'm lost LOL

WAVES, Kimihiro, RedSmokeRise and 3 others like this.
  17. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

^^^ You’re not missing a thing nor are you lost, Lola.

The designs as a collective is nothing extraordinary, creatively-visionary, nor fresh. It’s YSL fodders, frankly. And in this day of mass-pandering with outlet-level of aspiration of basics, logo-ed/monogrammed cheapness that resembles either those promo trash that they use to give away with a fragrance set at the mid-range department stores; a collection that is adult, simply graceful and thoughtful of a women’s form, and just straightup YSL-glamorous without being a carbon copy— is deserving of some praise. Especially when you look at the travesty that’s infested once titanically-supreme labels like Givenchy, Balenciaga, Dior, Versace... and the list goes on and on, and gets longer every Season…

And more importantly— at least to me, the presentation is dreamweavingly gorgeous— and still respectful to the times we’re living in. It’s glamorous and expensive without being thoughtless of the pandemic. It’s creative and still sleekly simple. It’s reminder that the times we’re living in may be uncertain— even that your life and work may be uncertain, but here’s some beauty and glamour to take your mind off reality, if only just for a moment in time.

Norden, YohjiAddict and Lola701 like this.
  18. Norden

Norden Active Member

I think this is fantastic. The clothes are simple and referential, but feel aspirational. I think it’s very well done for what it is. It just feels expensive and sexy. My standards are rather low these days.

entten and Lola701 like this.