Saint Laurent S/S 2021 Paris

Until he can top that recent fabulous Fall/Winter collection and show, anything he does is going to look cheap and boring to me.

Let's just be thankful a designer is designing for women and not children, Lola.

If you organizes beautiful show on desert, why you not inspired Arab or the Maghreb culture, for example models with veils or turbans in Touareges tribe style.

That would be blasphemy and the faux-outrage from the twitter mob would demand Anthony to be burned at the stake and SL be cancelled for “cultural appropriation”.

I loved the show, loved this collection. Feels very Pre-fall because it is very commercial but then I remember that this year has been a mess for business so they want their money back. They have a goal to reach another billion year after year.

Their communication and marketing team is good. They know how to make it desirable and honestly I am always craving for grown up women, sexiness, glamour collections. ALWAYS :shifty:.

the sand looked amazing!

boring... repetitive and nothing new. and those prints?
a couple of nice sexy outfits don’t make a collection.
some of the jewellery pieces seemed very nice...

I loved it. Absolute sensuality, yet not overly vulgar. His cuts were so attractive, truly feminine and contemporary. I thought the use of fur and feathers added a luxurious feel to the clothing as well, without steeping into the dated realm. As a long time supporter of Vaccarello, I believed he delivered this season and a happy for him. Perhaps it because we had such an uninspired Spring Summer season, but I feel this has been one of the highlights of his tenure as SL.

The presentation as always is superb. I was expecting a bit more though after the last collection. I thought it was the start of Anthony taking the house out of cruise control mode but maybe baby steps.

Loved every minute of it, he definitely knows how to put a show, even without an audience.

Anthony took the opportunity to use what limits everyone and made a spectacle out of it. This presentation is one of the highlights of Fashion’s pandemic era. Since it’s a Pre Fall collection, we shouldn’t be expecting the most impressive pieces but Anthony kept it consistent and appealing.

A really strong collection. I haven't watched the video, but the lookbook (and I usually hate this mode of presentation) highlights the allure of this outing perfectly.

I'm not that into this type of styling, but almost every piece has legs (in more ways than one here) and looks like a hit. Great accessories and jewelry as well, apart from the neck ties/corsages which always look naff.

That show was a fashion moment. MOH-MENT! This is the show that future fashion designers will look back as the one that made them want to get into fashion

Reading the comments, I felt like i missed something...
Went back, watched it 2 times, went on Vogue.com....It's still terribly underwhelming, even more with the overwhelming positive reviews.
I love the 2 jumpsuits and the the black chiffon dress with the feathers hem but that's it.

Maybe it's the desire for Glamour that can explain the reactions but I'm lost LOL

^^^ You’re not missing a thing nor are you lost, Lola.

The designs as a collective is nothing extraordinary, creatively-visionary, nor fresh. It’s YSL fodders, frankly. And in this day of mass-pandering with outlet-level of aspiration of basics, logo-ed/monogrammed cheapness that resembles either those promo trash that they use to give away with a fragrance set at the mid-range department stores; a collection that is adult, simply graceful and thoughtful of a women’s form, and just straightup YSL-glamorous without being a carbon copy— is deserving of some praise. Especially when you look at the travesty that’s infested once titanically-supreme labels like Givenchy, Balenciaga, Dior, Versace... and the list goes on and on, and gets longer every Season…

And more importantly— at least to me, the presentation is dreamweavingly gorgeous— and still respectful to the times we’re living in. It’s glamorous and expensive without being thoughtless of the pandemic. It’s creative and still sleekly simple. It’s reminder that the times we’re living in may be uncertain— even that your life and work may be uncertain, but here’s some beauty and glamour to take your mind off reality, if only just for a moment in time.

I think this is fantastic. The clothes are simple and referential, but feel aspirational. I think it’s very well done for what it is. It just feels expensive and sexy. My standards are rather low these days.

Someone recently did a series of collages using a mix of final and rejected shots of the official lookbook. It makes for a better campaign than the official one.

I'm still in love with this collection even two years later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->