Saint Laurent S/S 2022 Paris

Early 80s "Les Bains Douches" trashy and sweaty looks.

This is the closest I've seen from them to the original YSL's aesthetic so I 'll take it.

This looks like someone put that LVMH Prize winner girl I can't even remember the name of and Balenciaga in a blender.

The muse for this collection is a woman who refuses to wear actual pants, skirts or dresses and dones a catsuit for most situations, it doesn't matter if it's brunch at the Ritz, a funeral or a day at the office. Everybody snickers behind her back and mentions how she looks like she belongs in a car show...

The set was beautiful as usual but the collection is devoid of ideas or fresh fashion propositions, just some nicely styled blazers and a lot of trashy draped catsuits...the floral printed ones seriously look like the 5 dollar clothes sold on the sidewalks of where I live.

I loved the catsuits in motion! they look better than in the pictures. I'm always here for sexy.

For my taste he could have radically only done a catsuit collection. why not?
the rest is nice and decent. Its not an overly spectacular collection but there's nothing to complain about for me.

The muse for this collection is a woman who refuses to wear actual pants, skirts or dresses and dones a catsuit for most situations, it doesn't matter if it's brunch at the Ritz, a funeral or a day at the office. Everybody snickers behind her back and mentions how she looks like she belongs in a car show...
In other words, she doesn't exist lol.

.. they poured all the money into that fountain and not into bribing the city officials to let them handle the Eiffel tower again. I could've been entertained more instead of just getting second-hand anxiety from seeing pretty much all the models struggle in those shoes. No forgiveness. 2021 and you still can't make sexy shoes that a woman can walk in?..

Kind of like nothing to be honest, I've been liking a lot of his stuff in recent years but this looks like a bunch of leftovers and too much recycling of ideas..

Well, I like it.

Maybe it's because nothing else has excited me so far, and it's refreshing to see a collection that isn't either chaotic or dull. It's sleek and sexy except for the floral jumpsuits. Vaccarello has been surprising me lately.

Also been into his work as of late. I feel it’s working for the brand. I started liking it from the desert show onwards.

atleast his ysl looks like ysl. Could have been less catsuits and more tailoring. But the sexy looks are so hot, horny almost. The styling of the bag put in the pant is silly and hot at the same time. That mint blazer with the cognac clutch is such a nice color combo.

Yes his ysl is devoid of a fashion proposition, but atleast it looks good.

work on the shoes though…

catsuits, catsuits everywhere.

if only had he explored more the tops of the catsuits into dresses of different lengths… but who am I to tell him what to design? he dreamt of it and this is what we got.
some of the shoes looked terrible to walk on but I don’t wear heels so good luck to those who do.
also, ALL the models wearing sunglasses was extenuating at some point.
gotta sell that Eyewear, I guess.

gurls, if I see any of you wearing those purses tucked in your trousers/ leggings Im gonna act up. only allowed if you’re smashed and it’s 4am.

this said, I liked the overall vibe and it’s a shame it was so repetitive.

I absolutely love it! Even if it's just about Saint Laurent's archives seen through Vaccarello's looking glass, this collection is so unapologetically sexy and focused at the same time. The colour combinations are on point and I'm a big fan of that awkward styling of the envelope bags. It's also visible that Vaccarello is getting more and more comfortable with the YSL's aesthetic with time and he finally started to experiment with colours. I'm excited to see what's next, because this direction is really promising.

Great show even if it is a little same same from him. Love the 90's vibe and those archive YSL prints. What caught my eye though in particular were those orange and pink knitwear pieces; it was something completely new from Vaccarello as he usually doesn't do much knitwear on the runway. It's so refreshing to see him expand his design vocabulary even if it is very slowly.

It's such a shame that the menswear is so behind the womenswear in terms of aesthetic and taste level. Why are the men at YSL forced to dress like twinky-emo's from a 2005 Hedi Slimane show, yet the women are given powerful, sophisticated, glamorous clothes that reference the Saint Laurent archives and legacy of the founder not only through his clothes, but his art collection and travels?

I've always loved Vaccarello for YSL, and this is no exception.

I know tFS is kinda nah about this partnership but how is it doing commercially and critically?

It seems that he picked up where he left off with the F/W 2020 show in terms of the dark, sexy, 80s, c*nty mood and for that, I enjoyed this collection. The runway show was hard to watch though and lacked the energy of past YSL runway shows, of course Anja Rubik was the only one who was able to walk down the runway properly.

This collection looks so chaotic. It's self-sabotage, the tailoring looks are decent, but they're ruined by those awful catsuits, they're so vulgar, they're Fashion Nova at best. They styling is a mess, what kinda women who carried a purse like that?

The set is beautiful, and the make-up layout and hair are very seductive. But sorry, ain't no models gonna sell anything "sexy, empowerment, sultry" in this ANTM catwalk challenge. It's so painful to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->