Saint Laurent S/S 2022 Paris

Sexy and cool as always but nothing really new here from him. I quite enjoyed the pops of colour though, I wish he did more of that and less of those jumpsuits that he seems to be obsessed with.

I'm weirdly invested in those 80s style-looking satin jumpsuits...

That was quite an uncomfortable show to watch…Not appealing at all and definitely not desirable.
Only Binx and Anja managed to walk…Add to that the wet floor…Ridiculous.
I want to see confident walkers in a sexy show!

It’s interesting to know that this show was inspired by Paloma Picasso considering that Paloma Picasso inspired YSL for his infamous 1971 collection. I expected to see more stylistic references to that collection even if one can argue that the vibe of the collection definitely gives « poules de luxe ».

The pants are great and the effect given by the platforms of those elongated silhouettes is convincing.

I’ve never been a fan of Yves’s tailoring from the 80’s and 90’s. It can be aging and it gives a very « straight from the depot vente » vibe. Let’s say that YSL, much like Ungaro and a large part of the Couture from the 80’s, while being a great inspiration, represents the worst of the 80’s IMO. So, I’m not such a big fan of some of the blazers.

I find the new tributes vulgar but I love some of the draped Jumpsuits in the end. The one on Binx is great.

This collection makes me realize that Vaccarello is really better with separates than dresses. The long dresses are just horrible. Only Virginie, Alexis Mabille or Christian Soriano are capable of such atrocities.

The collection calls for a great campaign a bit hommage to Helmut Newton. The collection is very Newton in fact. Too bad the only thing we might got is at best, B&W shots from Sims or worst, uninspired shots by Teller.

Sloppy walking aside, thank goodness he dropped those silly pubescent girls playing dress up in their mums’ vintage Chanel nonsense. At least these are unapologetic men-eaters on the prowl. …Trashy is a matter of attitude: More rich vampiness— like Susan Sarandon and Catherine Deneuve in The Hunger old money mingling with Bauhaus eurotrash. Even the catsuit works in that context. Of course no women is going to wear it IRL, but as a showpiece, it gets its point across: unforgivingly hugging all those lean and mean curves. There’s not a new proposal here in sight— and frankly, anyone can pull these looks from any other brand-- but any other brand wouldn’t get away with what Anthony’s proposing here. It’s YSL, and the suits and coats are enough to slather Mica in circa-1982 Yves decadence. Great to see high fashion decadence that isn’t cheaper than fast-fashion slop like that housewives of the world united garbage at Versace x Fendi.

Sloppy walking aside, thank goodness he dropped those silly pubescent girls playing dress up in their mums’ vintage Chanel nonsense. At least these are unapologetic men-eaters on the prowl. …Trashy is a matter of attitude: More rich vampiness— like Susan Sarandon and Catherine Deneuve in The Hunger old money mingling with Bauhaus eurotrash. Even the catsuit works in that context. Of course no women is going to wear it IRL, but as a showpiece, it gets its point across: unforgivingly hugging all those lean and mean curves. There’s not a new proposal here in sight— and frankly, anyone can pull these looks from any other brand-- but any other brand wouldn’t get away with what Anthony’s proposing here. It’s YSL, and the suits and coats are enough to slather Mica in circa-1982 Yves decadence. Great to see high fashion decadence that isn’t cheaper than fast-fashion slop like that housewives of the world united garbage at Versace x Fendi.
You know women are going to wear those catsuits. I can already see them in LA!

And to be totally honest, on a fun drunk night , full on party mode, I can see myself rocking the one on Freja! (I just prefer velvet over spandex)

Perfection! Absolutely loved it, yet another extremely strong, confident and sexy collection from Vaccarello. Indeed feels like an extension of Fall 2020 which just happens to be one of my favourite fashion shows - ever. A firm PFW highlight, without a shadow of a doubt. :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->