Saint Laurent S/S 2025 Paris

The oversized suits are just at the limit of being too oversized and too slouchy but there aren’t … the slightly tapered trousers fall beautifully on the feet, and the jacket have a slightly cinched waist that can be confused with menswear . It reminds me a lot of Giorgio Armani 80s power suits

According to StyleNotCom, the show was held in the courtyard of the brand HQ on Rue de Bellechasse, previously an abbey and the Ministry of the Armed Forces. This is also the location where Vaccarello also held his debut and sophomore shows. They also held two shows: the first at 20h00, the second at 21h30.

Last edited:
This is a pure costume-raid, as if someone was to dress up as Loulou de la Falaise and Yves in the 1980ies… what’s the point? I don’t really see how that relates to our times or any needs of today’s women. Nobody will wear this, much like noone will wear his orgy of sheer body stockings from last season.

bah these models are not it. ruined the collection, there were 2 more mature models in the beginning who had the right attitude for these suits. fire all the colorful dress models. you can be nonchalant and still be sexy

fun?!

could be us for Halloween, @blueorchid ..
You ll still be the best dressed at Christmas and NYE too, and any other opera premiere and openings.
Nothing wrong in being a bit costumed, especially given the current state of SS25 fashion and trends. Sometimes we need to feel out of this world. That’s what I expect from a brand like Saint-Laurent.
Dior Amazon archers or Ferragamo dancers are best fitted for Halloween costumes imho.

fun?!

could be us for Halloween, @blueorchid ..

I mean sure, if you get the clothes borrowed to wear in the front row, go for it!

Yves and his gang were the subject of television and cinema a few too many times for my taste to think dressing up like them in the 80ies could be anything other than for a themed party.

All I see in Vaccarello’s shows is the attempt to put on a show but nothing really has substance as the customer becomes an afterthought. I don't find that to be very sympathetic.

I think this is the only livestream where I'll watch the entire hour, with all of the guests being seated. It had a very old fashioned movie premiere atmosphere, especially with the soundtrack (which reminded me of Basic Instinct lol).

Why can't they have someone who can just design real clothes. I don't care how much of the archives they use, just design actual clothes and sell them. :lol:

Yes…But no.
I’m still waiting for the video and while there’s more food to deal with in terms of pieces, I find the exercise the style a bit messy and quite boring.
And tbh, I’m more and more annoyed with the over oversized, slouchy tailoring. Yes for a bit of volume but I want some « Tenue »! Or at least a Silhouette.
The oversized tailoring is perfect but costume a new little mix of things I have to see the show in full love the long skirts and deep summer colors

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dezzar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->