Saint Laurent #YSL01 by Collier Schorr

honeycombchild

Reaction score

WWD

This morning, Vaccarello’s released his first work through Saint Laurent, a campaign entitled #YSL01. The black and white image series (sticking true to the brand there) documents new faces, both couple and individuals, and was shot by American artist Collier Schorr in Paris. Bare-faced newcomers perpetuate the idea of a fresh start. For now, we’re sat in our tiaras, trying to contain our excitement, waiting to find out whether we need to remove our smokey eye makeup and ripped fishnets. After today’s announcement, we’re guessing we might need you to pass the makeup wipes.

The campaign will be published in magazines worldwide from 22nd June and exclusive content will go live on YSL’s Instagram account on Monday 20th June.

He is interpreting Hedi's Saint Laurent better than Hedi himself.
I really like it.
I'm sure his Saint Laurent will be good.

Eh... as I feared, they gonna make him replicate everything Hedi did like a textbook. Like this is a replica of that 'introduction' campaign he shot with Kati Nescher and Christopher Owens.

If Vaccarello really goes down that route he's gonna fail miserably.

Eh... as I feared, they gonna make him replicate everything Hedi did like a textbook.

He was hired to do the same thing Demna is doing at Balenciaga.
Don't expect Saint Laurent by Vaccarello to be something else than a re-interpretation of Saint Laurent codes through the eyes of Slimane and by Vaccarello.

That formula seems to be quite successful at Balenciaga (in a short amount of time) and i'm sure it will be as successful at Saint Laurent.

This actually looks pretty interesting and the pictures are great. I need to see more though. I want more than just a literal re-interpretation of Hedi's aesthetic. Also this looks even more youth oriented than Slimane's universe.

Not gonna lie, I don't see the point of this. Seems like waste of time, energy, and money. Just design the bleeping clothes and release a proper campaign then.

It's a cheap, hamfisted version of Hedi's design direction-- you know, like those collateral for a seasonal sale at some fake-fashion chain store... Or some pamphlet for planned parenthood for teens.

Say what you will about Hedi's designs, but he knew how to worldbuild an expensive brand all the while keeping it minimal. This is not that.

looks like an extension or outtake from a #mycalvins campaign lol..

not offended though, Hedi's campaigns weren't all that (except when I almost manage to star in one while eating bread on the street :lol:).. I like the title, it's stupid and a perfect follow-up to "Saint Laurent: THE ROCK N ROLL JACKET COLLECTION" "SAINT LAURENT: PSYCH SURF CALIFORNIA COOL COLLECTION".. "YSL01" is not far behind except on age.. very tumblr.

^^^ Eating bread on the street.. I picture some Les Miserable Valjean stealing bread scenario LOL

Anyway, the more I see of this blandness, the cheaper it looks: Now it reminds me of feminine product packaging from a drugstore’s housebrand.

^^^ Eating bread on the street.. I picture some Les Miserable Valjean stealing bread scenario LOL

Anyway, the more I see of this blandness, the cheaper it looks: Now it reminds me of feminine product packaging from a drugstore’s housebrand.
more the 21th century version, eating overpriced bread cause you feel miserable instead of stale bread cause of misery. (when...) :lol:

no way this looks at all like a feminine product! don't you know they must be pink and fuchsia at all times?. but it does look like a product for more than one person lol..

It's a cheap, hamfisted version of Hedi's design direction-- you know, like those collateral for a seasonal sale at some fake-fashion chain store... Or some pamphlet for planned parenthood for teens.

Say what you will about Hedi's designs, but he knew how to worldbuild an expensive brand all the while keeping it minimal. This is not that.

MTE.

Really not a fan of this new direction at all.

more the 21th century version, eating overpriced bread cause you feel miserable instead of stale bread cause of misery. (when...) :lol:

no way this looks at all like a feminine product! don't you know they must be pink and fuchsia at all times?. but it does look like a product for more than one person lol..

You poor woman— Hedi likely snapped your pic for the sheer audacity of eating bread in public in LA…

If you ever come around to Toronto, I’ll take you to this cafe that serves freshly-baked french breads and pastries that has people lining up on a Sunday morning, and you can taste the freshly-churned butter melting in the air and onto your tongue when you drive by. The floor is uneven and the chairs are mismatched, but the food is so rich and the prices are so cheap, you can eat all the bread you want and still have enough to pick up that Dries coat!

Anyway, OK--maybe not feminine products, but along the same line in terms of tone: Cheap and generic.

UGH. So obnoxious.

If I see one more fashion campaign or editorial with the same "stoic" aesthetic, I really think I might go postal. Literally what is the point of this campaign? It's absolutely useless. "A fresh start?" Models with natural hair and no makeup moping around? So freakin' clever.

I really can't wait for all the black and navy "sexy" dresses with slits up to the peesh come October. NOT.

Oh this is silly. Remember when Hedi decided to pretentiously rebrand everything before he even put any clothes out? Same deal here.

But hey, they put a Black model in the campaign. So that's new.

In a matter of months we've gone from Cara Delevigne ferociously glaring into the lens of a camera like it owed her money to these outtakes from an A&F Quarterly.

Yeah. Check please.

:lol: They are so absurd. Mimicking Hedi is not going to make this work...

This was a dead project way before it started. It feels so wrong they are still using the "Saint Laurent" name. And that they are doing an introductory campaign... So obnoxious and ridiculous. Hedi must be laughing hard. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nelliewillshowuhowitsdone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->