December Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to Venezuela in a few days, clothing and cosmetics and the like are much cheaper there. I've been told they have Dior Homme jeans for $100-$200, and that's just regular price.....they have great december sales. :D :D

EdK said:
sorry about this guys but i got one more request. cani get some info on this dior coat? like its fitting, material etc. is it the same one that jake gyllenhaal wore on the cover of vitals?
I don't have any info, but I can tell you that it's gorgeous, which collection?

Theory said:
Did you go Soft?
My wife said the discounts weren't that great, somewhere around 50%.
i didn't theory...i used to like her so much...but the magic seems to have worn off...i think she's had a couple of very mediocre seasons...

i did get another email that tomorrow is the last day of the sale...so i expect there will be additional markdowns...fyi... :flower:

raijin...that dior swtr you posted is just lovely...i adore it... :heart:
i would love to have that... :innocent:

its from fall 04, and yes it is gorgeous thats why i want some info on it so i can try and buy it:D

Arturo21 said:
I don't have any info, but I can tell you that it's gorgeous, which collection?

EdK said:
its from fall 04, and yes it is gorgeous thats why i want some info on it so i can try and buy it:D
Unfortunately the herringbone coat from Victim of the Crime is absolutely sold out in NYC at least. It was thinner than I had expected, but very pretty in person. They still had I think one or two of the beaded eye sweaters when i was there a few weeks ago, but they may be gone at this point. I picked up a pair of black canvas dress pants while I was there, 40% off was a seriously good price for Dior dress pants. Nice detailing, very classic and timeless.

They had eye sweaters here yesterday.. but by now they are sold - its too bad.
I think the price is around $1000.

EdK said:
whats victim of the crime?
It's the sort of catch phrase name of this past season... Hedi didn't name it like the ones before, so the name of the song used for the runway show has been sort of picked up by fans to set it apart from seasons past.

the sweater is 895 and the guy said the coat is 1800 but in vitals the coat is listed as 1350.

Hmm.. I'd think its $1800. 1300 seems too cheap with diors pricing.

raijin said:
Hmm.. I'd think its $1800. 1300 seems too cheap with diors pricing.
either way, i will never forgive myself for not going after these pieces earlier, when did the dior homme sale start anyway.

Anyone knows how much roughly the percentage of mark off products in selfridges at January?

EdK said:
the sweater is 895 and the guy said the coat is 1800 but in vitals the coat is listed as 1350.
Hi EdK... the coat is $1800.. I saw it with my own eyes when the got it in like 5 months ago..but you see... what vital listed is also correct. The 1350 is what they set originally, but Dior boutique(and many other designers label) will look at the demand of the jacket, if it is hot, they will hike up the prices:rolleyes: . So both $1350 and $1800 is correct, just $1800 is the hiked up prices.

As with those pieces... I think your biggest problem for this season is that many retailers have really cut back on what the ordered with Dior Homme(ie Saks, Neiman, Bagutta etc), because they just simply don't move in the shop. Nobody understand why. Yet at the same time at the Dior Homme boutique they claim most of their pieces selling like hot cakes:shifty: so instead of having 10 pieces of the same things available now you have like 3-4... so that's why it runs out quickly. Bear in mind.. it didn't really run out that quickly right?! They still had it for the sale. Some would claim that they have re-order it. but again that gets back to jumping from 3-4 pieces to 10 pieces.

I think the story is simple, there are just certain number of people or fans who buy Dior Homme.. and the rest of the world could careless. :innocent:

Fade to Black said:
Dries sounds good. How much is a Dries beanie hat anyway? I need a new one too, my Phat Farm hat ain't gonna cut it no more :wink:
There are a few Dries hats in Barneys marked down to $69. I don't like the way they fit though, they end high up. I need a hat that covers the head snugly. The knit is so nice though.

ionn what you said makes no sense, all the products come with a price tag from the factory, they cant just change the price of it in the store. the vitals magazine came out not that long ago way after the jacket was in the store for the fall season. either they arent the same jacket or someone made an error.

EdK said:
ionn what you said makes no sense, all the products come with a price tag from the factory, they cant just change the price of it in the store. the vitals magazine came out not that long ago way after the jacket was in the store for the fall season. either they arent the same jacket or someone made an error.
Heh, trust me, he makes total sense.
And as far as vitals, it maybe came out a little while ago, but it doesn't mean tha the photoshoot happened a little while ago. chances are, that photoshoot is 6 months old.

there is a little demand so you hike up a price 500 dollars for pieces where there is like 5 of them made? im sure it was an error on the magazines part. in the same vitals magazine they have a gap parka listed as 128 dollars where gq featured the same jacket at 98 dollars. and anyways the jake gyllenhaal issue is winter 2005 it came out like a month ago, so you say the photoshoot mustve been 6 months ago ok. do you know how long before that manafacturers make and decide on pricing of the clothes. everything was already determined before that photoshoot.

EdK said:
there is a little demand so you hike up a price 500 dollars for pieces where there is like 5 of them made? im sure it was an error on the magazines part. in the same vitals magazine they have a gap parka listed as 128 dollars where gq featured the same jacket at 98 dollars. and anyways the jake gyllenhaal issue is winter 2005 it came out like a month ago, so you say the photoshoot mustve been 6 months ago ok. do you know how long before that manafacturers make and decide on pricing of the clothes. everything was already determined before that photoshoot.
The shows are about 1 year in advance. Then the showrooms start taking orders. The only thing that's determined is the wholesale price. The stores are not under any obligation to mark up only a certain amount. To give you an example: a pair of pants I saw in one store was $750 - it was $1000 in another store five blocks away.

Yes, edk, faust is right. Stores buy at wholesale and then it is up to them how much they will mark it up. IF Boutique in SoHo is notorious for marking things up higher than stores like Jeffrey or Barneys, probably because they are smaller and need a higher profit margin.

Just because it's the winter 2005 issue of Vitals doesn't mean that the shoot was produced yesterday. An editorial can be shot and then appear in print 6-8 months later––this is totally routine. And companies are constantly revising their prices. The Dior executives might have found $1395 a suitable price for the coat when the issue of Vitals went to print. But once the coats hit the stores, customs fees or extra production costs may have come into the picture, causing them to raise the price to $1800. Or maybe they just got greedy. Either way, it's most likely not an error on the part of the magazine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Byron Boy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->