Scarlett Johansson Relationship Thread

isa.b.elle.

Reaction score
We're told Ryan and Scarlett are living apart. And we're told it's amicable. We don't know if Ryan or Scarlett have immediate plans to file for divorce.

Ryan told GQ in September, Scarlett was "the best part" of his life, though he said having a family was "a few years down the road."

Ryan was named PEOPLE magazine's Sexiest Man Alive last month.

Interesting -- the couple was rarely seen out together. The most visible appearance -- at the Tony Awards this past June.

The couple was married in September, 2008.
source:tmz.com

people.com

* Facebook
* Twitter

Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds have separated.

"After long and careful consideration on both our parts, we've decided to end our marriage," they say in a joint statement. "We entered our relationship with love and it's with love and kindness we leave it. While privacy isn't expected, it's certainly appreciated."

Johansson, 26, and Reynolds, 34, tied the knot in a quiet September 2008 ceremony in a wilderness retreat in Vancouver, which is Reynolds's hometown. The ceremony was attended only by a handful of close family and friends – and no photos were released.

"It was my mission to have a moment of privacy, to do something for myself," Johansson told the Los Angeles Times of the hush-hush affair. "I was happy with the results of that."

The pair remained fairly mum about their relationship, only rarely giving up small tidbits about their married life.

But the actress told In Style in April 2010 that she enjoyed cooking for Reynolds – and her domestic life with him. "There's a nice comfort in that. That part of your life is certain, in a way. You've got your home in that other person."

Reynold, who is PEOPLE's Sexiest Man Alive, told PEOPLE that the best thing about married life was, "You get to hang out with your best buddy every day."

didn't expect that one to be honest! way to go! 2 years... wonder what happened - they just bought a house recently and were on holidays together ....

Last edited by a moderator:
holy smokes! i did not expect this either. :unsure: but then again i never in a million years would have expected him to be chosen as "Sexiest Man Alive".

so so weird.
they were such a weird couple to start with which made me think they're gonna last.
shocked i guess.

Wow, that's really surprising! :shock: I thought I'd heard about them turning up at parties together and looking all loved up recently. Didn't expect this. So weird.

holy smokes! i did not expect this either. :unsure: but then again i never in a million years would have expected him to be chosen as "Sexiest Man Alive".

:lol: Yes, yes, yes.

Sad to see them separate. I don't think we saw them together because they're both SO private. Does anybody have a photo from their appearance together at the Tony Awards? I've seen a few candids of them together the past two years, but that's it.

3, 2, 1... Here comes the Ryan and Blake rumours.

dunno what's wrong with today..seems everyone's splitting...
who's next? :(

The Celebrity Break-Up Triology Is Complete!

ryanreynoldsscarjo.jpg

Thank the FUC* it wasn't Rojo Caliente and Cynthia Nixon or half of Brooklyn would have to doggy paddle through the river of tears and barf pouring out of my skull! But sadly, the final break-up spot has been taken by ScarJo and Ryan Reynolds. Just like Dexter & Deb and Zac & Vanessa, ScarJo and Ryan Reynolds have decided they wish to pass their genitals to others and have pressed the pause button on their 2-year-old marriage.

A source tells TMZ ScarJo and Ryan are living in separate places. The source is probably my cousin who told me she wanted a waterproof Green Lantern poster for Christmas. Sick horny b*tch! But I have the feeling she's not the only one Googling "Green Lantern Dildo."

2009 was the year of deaths and 2010 is now the year that love burped out its last bref before rolling over into a shallow grave. I guess that means 2011 will be the year of BIRTHS. This makes sense since the world is ending in 2012. I just knew we'd go out under a mountain of baby saliva, diapers and creamed placenta.

UPDATE: It's true. ScarJo and Ryan released this official joint statement to UsWeekly: "After long and careful consideration on both our parts, we've decided to end our marriage. We entered our relationship with love and it's with love and kindness we leave it. While privacy isn't expected, it's certainly appreciated."

What is this "long and careful consideration" they speak of? If I was ScarJo, Ryan would simply have to drop his chonies and lift his shirt over his nipples to save our marriage. Divorce averted!
dlisted

there were rumors about this Ryan and Blake hooking up too, right before the rumors of the other Ryan and Blake hooking up started.

Lainey's take:

Separation Season

So many breakups. Yesterday it was Michael C Hall and Jennifer Carpenter. Today it’s two names on a muuuuch bigger scale. This article is about Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds. But come back tomorrow and I’ll have more for you on Hall and Carpenter. It’s complicated. Probably a lot more complicated than Scarjo and Ryan.

They have confirmed that it’s over. They’ve released a statement about love and respect. From what I’ve heard if there’s any drama, it wouldn’t be on his side, although I have to tell you I really love the emails I’ve been getting from so many of you on this about wanting to blame Blake Lively for it. When did Blake become the go-to huss? Did she? As hard as this is to believe, sometimes the cake gets put out and not eaten. And the split seems to be driven by Scarlett anyway.

Apparently she’s initiating proceedings. The official reason being “distance”. How about she’s just 26, married him at 24, dated him for 2 years before that? Success rates for marriage aren’t great outside of Hollywood. Throw youth and celebrity into that mix and it’s even sh-ttier. I wonder, irony of great ironies, if he was more into it than she was, and ultimately she needed to explore other options. Alanis might know how that feels.

As for when all this went down, People.com is reporting they’ve been done for 6 months. Six months ago at Comic-Con they were fine. They were also together three weeks ago at her birthday. And if they were done six months ago, they just featured him on their Sexiest Man Alive cover last month, with new quotes from him on his marriage, it means they need to get their sh-t straight. The split wasn’t 6 months ago.

The split however is coming at a very interesting time in their careers. His could not be hotter. Hers has cooled considerably. Now that she’s single though, Gossip just picked up. They’re going to want to set her up with everyone. And Scarjo, she likes pretty boys: Leto, Hartnett, Reynolds, I’d give anything to see her throw down legitimately now with Blake over Gosling. Any.Thing.

PS. Can I just complain about how annoying it is to not be able to find a decent photo of them together? The paps have a few but they’re all like hoodied up and miserable, and so expensive today, obviously, because they’ve jacked up the rates since any shots of them together, even blurry and sunglassed are going at a premium now. I’m telling you this because I’m just throwing two headshots up and done. Writing in the car, on the way to the ferry, been on the road for a couple of hours, and soon as I got back in wireless range, this story blew up my Blackberry.

http://www.laineygossip.com/Scarlet...s_announce_split_14dec10.aspx?CatID=0&CelID=0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->