Sean by Sean Combs: womens collection

Mutterlein said:
considering who is making it, it's probably a good thing.

:D Yes I agree. But, I think its always better to see SOME idea, rather than none whatsoever. Good or bad, at least you see an inspiration. I think Mr. Combs actual influence in designs in SEAN COMBS is questionable. I mean we say that with every celebrity designer who skips training and education, straight to having a design team. Does anyone actually know ? I don't really buy into the idea of Sean Combs sketching in some studio. :wink:

i want a sean john t-shirt that says

"I want women to come into my world,"

infact, it should be a tube top cut cut from a t-shirt.

Guys let's not forget he won CFDA Menswear Designer of the year (2004).

He is too much of an ego maniac to produce "crap", and he has a reputation and image to maintain.

If he wants to continue hanging in St.Tropez and maintaining his sort of lifestyle he has to deliver, which I think he took into consideration (abit) with this "preview".
Yes the pieces he has shown have a similar ring to it- and that is the point.Think Michael Kors, Carolina Herrera, Oscar.... they all have a similar ring and the same sort of pieces collection after collection.

I can't wait to see the entire collection:heart:

My.02

Anyone who looks at that and has also seen sketches from a regular teen with no special "fashion sense" - just an average American teen female- can see that that is what her fashion sketches look like. Just like that. And if they don't sketch well, that's what they imagined their clothes to be like. That's easy.

ANYONE could have designed that. That's why there's a celeb with a so-called "unique" sense of style behind it all.

And sophisticated? Is that sophisticated? PSHAW!

His men's line, however, is not bad. Some pieces were Ghetto-fabulous, some reminded me of Burberry. It's not bad, but it's not "O.K" either..it's in between.

Nevermind, it sucks.

It all sucks.

But hey, you can buy a big pimpin' Pepsi truck and pimp around in that ultra-common, ultra-trendy crap and people will worship you.

Last edited by a moderator:
TheGloryOfThe80s said:
Its all lacking a strong design element. I mean the first one looks like it could have been made by anyone from Banana Republic to a Versace diffusion line. The last one, leather jacket and tight dress, looks like a generic "hottie" from any movie from the 80s.

I couldn't agree more. There is nothing special about anything pictured. I would like to see more before making a final judgement though.

I don't like it at all, but it wasn't as bad as what I thought it would be....

I think a saw something on fashion t.v. about the guy who actually designs for Sean Jean. It ain't P.Diddy.

The designs are all crap. Sorry. It's totally predictable, I mean, I was expecting much worse, but still. This is not even comparable to horrible designers like Kors. This stuff it's even worse.

I mean, you walk in a store that's not even "designer" stuff, like Club Monaco, and expect to find stuff even better quality than this.

How dare he call himself a designer. I mean, all of this crap has been done before, bring in something NEW to the table. Arghhhhh. These so called designers just ruin the whole concept behind fashion, this is NOT art.

Of course his stuff is going to sell like hot cakes with all the publicity he'll do, people who buy his things are probably more into the brand name than for the clothes.

Guys let's not forget he won CFDA Menswear Designer of the year (2004).

He is too much of an ego maniac to produce "crap", and he has a reputation and image to maintain.

If he wants to continue hanging in St.Tropez and maintaining his sort of lifestyle he has to deliver, which I think he took into consideration (abit) with this "preview".
Yes the pieces he has shown have a similar ring to it- and that is the point.Think Michael Kors, Carolina Herrera, Oscar.... they all have a similar ring and the same sort of pieces collection after collection.

I can't wait to see the entire collection:heart:

My.02

Serious question:

Has anyone on the board seen the designs in person.

Has anyone touched the fabric, evaluated the stichings.

So we are going by the photos?

Are you saying it's "crap" because its from Pdiddy?

This IS his first womens collecection- wasn't Club Monaco crap when they first entered the fashion arena via Canada. ?

Why is Bergdorf carrying the line if its so "crap"?

Is he the first to "recycle" predictable designs?

I am not a Pdiddy fan, I think he is an excellent business man, and a marketing genius.

Dont hate the man, hate the game

I will base my final judgement after I see all the pieces face to face.

^ I could not agree more! You go Modelmama!:P

Seriously, sometimes I feel people see Diddy and think 'ghetto crap'... that is unfair.

I personally admire him for his accomplishments and would not consider him tacky...

the word 'spandex bustier dress' was enough for me :sick:

modelmama said:
ala....Thierry Mugler- Dolce Gabbana- ?

Thierry Mugler is known for being an excercise in how far you can take bad taste, broad shoulders and liberal use of leather. However, this stuff doesn't even have Thierry's saving grace of posessing a sense of humour...

Wow, people can be pretty vicious on this site. Those pictures are extremely small and only 3 looks. Although based on the pics it's nothing special, I'll withhold my final judgement until I see the complete collection.

sean john... geez the name itself makes me cringe!!! yuck.. sorry
i wont buy his clothes AT ALL

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->