Sean by Sean Combs: womens collection

Some people here are clearly going off topic. Let's keep the discussion on the clothes themselves. Thank you. :flower:

modelmama said:
That has nothing to do with the Sean by Sean John

Oh :unsure: , sorry, so..Sean John and Sean Combs aren't both by P.Diddy? I thought they were, or are they different collections/brands? Thx.

my post was edited to remove comments that were seen as accusing people of being racist. i was told that my thoughts on this matter were unwelcome.

i didn't accuse anyone of being a racist. i acknowledged that it existed - yes, even here, on the fashion spot. i put a lot of time and thought into my response, and i think it shows. why was my post edited, while other ones that are clearly offensive were allowed to remain unaltered?

something is wrong here.

meme

i didn't accuse anyone of being a racist. i acknowledged that it existed - yes, even here, on the fashion spot

I would PM a moderator if you want to discuss this, however...

An acknowlegdement, a statement of existence, of a negative thing is an accusation. Furthermore, the fact that you see racism as relevant to this thread indirectly accuses posters on this thread of racism. I was one of the people who complained that your post was out of line. I feel that accusing unspecified people of racism, without any evidence or giving anyone the right of reply creates a very negative and unfriendly atmosphere.

what about keeping racism out of here and continue discussing the line..

unfortunately i havent followed the thread -trust me i've got better things to do than going through anything related to sean combs- so i dont really know what the heat is all about. racists are everywhere, the thing with tFS is that we just dont tolerate them much.. its a matter of taste, it may even sound ...racist, saying no to racism and racist posts.
we are a huge international fashion community and we certainly find racism so out of style..

so do we like Sean by Sean John ? or not?
:blink: is Sean Combs the same person as Sean John? and if YES then why he keeps confusing us with all those Sean labels?

*edited : gosh i can't even blink :ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you lena...:flower:

honestly...i think that a lot of what 'sounds' like racism here...
is just people expressing themselves poorly and others being a bit defensive and reactionary...

i haven't seen or read one racist comment..
some ignorant and naive ones, yes...
but nothing involving hatred or discrimination...

except some people hate these clothes...:lol:

:wink:

softie :flower:

will somebody reply to the sean john, sean combs situation please..

i really dont understand why all those names/brands
is it one and the same, or what?

PrinceOfCats said:
I would PM a moderator if you want to discuss this, however...
done. PoC, if you want to disscuss this with me further, i invite you to PM or email me directly, and the same goes for anyone else who wishes to discuss anything i have said in a respectful manner.

An acknowlegdement, a statement of existence, of a negative thing is an accusation.

that makes no sense to me. if you say "hey, the atmosphere in here is hot" are you accusing any particular person of making it hot? i went out of my way to be both (A) true to my observation that, yes, racism DOES exist, and ( :cool: to avoid being self-righteous or accusatory. if you think i accused you or anyone else then you must have misread me, for reasons of your own. had i wanted to accuse someone of something, believe me, i would have - in private.

i repeat that i did not accuse anyone of racism, nor i was not the first on this post to bring up the topic. but there is no way of discussing what it was that i actually said, because, unlike acid's comments, or the comments of any of the other posters who mentioned race or racism, my words were deleted from the record. unfortunately, unless some other record of my writing exists, it's all conjecture. and that's a shame, because, although i regret offending anyone, i stand by what i said.

as i have said, i have brought up my concerns with the moderators. let's leave the subject alone for now.

meme

Last edited by a moderator:
Lena said:
softie :flower:

will somebody reply to the sean john, sean combs situation please..

i really dont understand why all those names/brands
is it one and the same, or what?

Sean John is a brand bankrolled and nominally designed by the rapper/hip-hop artist and producer, Sean Combs since 1998. Sean Combs also goes by the aliases of 'Puff Daddy', 'Sean John' (his middle name?) 'Puffy', 'Puffy Combs' and 'P. Diddy'.

The slogan is 'Not just a label', I guess it's easy for some to associate this stuff with a culture or a lifestyle...

So, they're both designed by P.Diddy? Is one cheaper than the other? Thx :flower:

:lol:...
i thought lena was kidding..

p.diddy, puffy, puff daddy...it's all hilarious...
the guy is really entertaining if you have a sense of humour about the whole thing...

:wink:

^ I wish it was called "Puff Daddy", that would be a great name for a label.

thanks your highness
but why do you think this guy needs all those different names on his branded clothes lines? eg. does he use only sean john? does he also uses sean combs? and whats the difference between those sean something lines?

why don't pop stars leave fashion alone..
imagine hedi or miucia or anna sui starting a singing career, whouldnt that be ridiculously hillarious?

Lena said:
thanks your highness
but why do you think this guy needs all those different names on his branded clothes lines? eg. does he use only sean john? does he also uses sean combs? and whats the difference between those sean something lines?

imagine hedi or miucia or anna sui starting a singing career, whouldnt that be ridiculously hillarious?

I'm confused too, I still don't understand, are Sean John and Sean Combs different lables?

Sean John is the label.

Sean Combs, AKA all sorts of names, is the man behind the label.

Lena said:

:ninja:
yohji has apparently released a few albums... :innocent:

:unsure:

Here's what I think. This guy is already friggin famous. The clothes just have to be made and they'll either:

a. sell
b. drum up sales for other franchises in his name

or a combination of the two. If I came out with a line [cue laugh track] I'd have to market it to have any hopes of making money. Puffy's already got the marketing in place so it's no wonder investors flock to him to partner up.

It's win-win.

In terms of business, I'm surprised Flavor Flav hasn't come out with threads.

However in terms of fashion, it's pure crap. Pure. He doesn't know the first thing about design yet not only pretends to, but takes full-*** credit. He's a faker of the highest order. To anyone with the slightest appreciation for what designing is all about, he's asking you to swallow a huge lie for the marginal benefits it brings to the fashion industry like awareness. I don't really buy those marginal benefits at all by the way.

Whatever. He's not even a good rapper without Biggie and Mase let alone a fashion designer.

By the way:

spacer.gif

Friday, June 03, 2005
Quote of the Week
WWD

"When I design for men, I design under the personality of Sean John. When I'm doing this line, it's another part of my personality. It's been very intimate and very romantic in a way because I just want to please women."
— Sean Combs on his new women's collection

:lol:

awww what a quote, isnt he sweet?
he deserves tFS donkey award of the week :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"