September 2005 covers

Mariah, honey, you're so friggin' ugly.... :cry:

Rachel Bilson looks lovely on the Lucky cover, but I bit weird on Elle Girl.

Nemova said:
Mariah, honey, you're so friggin' ugly.... :cry:

i dont think she looks ugly per se (lol) but her head looks tilted back slightly...thereby exposing her nostrils more than they should be exposed lol. then the cover overall is kinda bright...and the makeup sucks. *sigh* i had such high hopes :cry:

What the hell is wrong with Vanity Fair? First Desperate Housewives now this? Even Vogue wouldn't go so low, although they did put the new Mrs. Trump on the cover.

kimair said:
w was supposed to have jennifer connelly for august, katie holmes for september and kirsten dunst for october. tomkat bumped katie up to august, and then they decided to push kirsten up to september.

poor jennifer connelly... :doh:

what? i love jennifer connelly. well congrats to katie holmes for sleeping or pretending to sleep her way in to A-list status :innocent:

i also agree mariah aint ugly but the angle f tht shot spoils it all. i hope the ed is better

How disappointing? :'( :cry:
I would prefer model-covers too! :flower:

Nemova said:
No models, as usual. And I propose a boycott to Vanity Fair. :angry:
well... Heidi Klum is doing the Vitals Woman Cover with Michael Thompson at Lux Studios, New York. But i suppose it'll be another cheesy cover! :doh:
But i'm very disappointed too! :cry:

SJP has a new movie coming out with Matthe McConaughey at the end of the year. All of these covers sound unappealling. I guess, we have to live with the fact that the only model that will be on a magazine cover in US is Gisele and she's more of a celebrity than a model at this point.

am bit disapointed about Vanity with Hilton :|agree with some member. She doesn't deserve for cover of legendary magazine about style.(?) What does Paris know about style :lol:?

Last edited by a moderator:
merged :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Again not model on Vogue cover... but I'm so happy that Sarah Jessica Parker will be on it! I just adore her! ( i would love to see Nicole kidman once again on Vogue Cover) Nicole and Sarah Jessica are two actresses that I can tolerate on Vogue Cover.

Anna Wintour! Bring models on cover!

Better stop complaining about Mariah's Cover, it's not that bad. Comparing to her, it could be worst.

What is happening with Vanity Fair???!!! Paris Hilton?!
How could they do that?! We had J.Lo on Vogue and now this... what is happening with world today. Let's wait for cover with Britney and her pregnancy...:lol:

Thanks so much for starting this board!

Why would Vogue/Bazaar/Elle give in to attention whores?? Parker, Moore, and Lopez don't even have films to promote.

Vogue/Sarah Jessica Parker. This entire year, US Vogue has chosen to put actresses who are promoting themselves rather than promoting their films on the cover, and the trend continues with September. With the exceptions of Sandra Bullock's March cover and Drew Barrymore's April cover, which coincide with the April releases of their (deplorable) movies, all other actresses (Liya Kebede notwithstanding) who made the Vogue cover didn't have a film that would come out soon. Neither were they particularly fashionable (Jennifer Lopez!?). They were interviewed to talk about themselves and their "womanhood." If I must see actresses, I'd rather see Diane Lane ("Must Love Dogs") than Salma Hayek or Kate Winslet (even though the latter did have a good pictorial). And Sarah Jessica Parker is just about the most self-aggrandizing faux fashion icon to exist on this planet. This is the third time that she will make the cover, catching up to Renee Zellweger. I look forward to the Gwyneth/Testino/couture issue in October.

Bazaar/Demi Moore. What are they going to talk about? Like the entire nation is holding its breath to find out if she's pregnant.

Elle/Jennifer Lopez. Doesn't Cameron Diaz have a big movie out in the fall? I'd rather see her.

W/Kirsten Dunst. The only choice so far that seems relevant. Putting models on the cover is a time-honored tradition at W, but I wonder if that will continue this year.

Vanity Fair/Paris Hilton. VF's sales suffered late last year when male moviestars made consecutive covers, so the editor is adamant about putting women on the cover. Truth be told, I am sort of gleeful that Beyonce got bumped off the cover. I mean, at least Paris Hilton is aware that she is a clown.

InStyle/Jennifer Garner. Pure cheese.

Cosmoplitan/Scarlett Johansson. I wonder if the indie darling would have cross-over appeal.

Glamour/Jennifer Connelly. Glamour's trying pretty hard to distinguish itself from Cosmo. Over the past months, everything from the cover design (full-body shots as opposed to Cosmo's leg-parting poses) to the content (less sexually oriented) has changed for the better.

Lucky/Rachel Bilson. As boring as most of Lucky's covers are, I think the magazine is choosing its cover girls wisely. TV actresses may be deemed too "B-list," but they could help break into a demographic that doesn't typically read fashion magazines. Afterall, Lucky is for girls who don't dream of unattainable high glamour.

Vitals/Heidi Klum. Sort of disappointed. Vital markets itself as a thinking women's leisure magazine. Why Heidi?

Allure/Mariah Carey. She's had a chart-topping album, so somebody's bound to do a cover story with her.

Jane/Hilary Duff. Could we just abort this issue? After the embarrasing performance of her summer movie, I can hardly believe that anyone still cares about Duff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamal2isgood
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->