Shu Uemura Oil Cleanser

InStyleinNY

Reaction score
Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil (limited Edition)

This is to anyone out there who has heard of and/or uses this product by Shu Uemura, called Cleansing Oil. I just recently heard about it, because of their limited edition bottles with designs by Ai Yamaguchi. I fell in love with the designs, and now would like to buy one, but I really don't know much about their line. So any thoughts/feedback on this would be much appreciated, before I run out and spend $60!! :blink:

Just some background, I have pretty oily skin, esp. in the summertime. During the winter, it becomes combination like, with the shine around T-zone area, and dry around the cheeks.

I know the Cleansing Oil comes in 3 types, Light, Regular, and Enriched. Which one do you use, and what would you recommend for my skin type?

Thanks much!

Hi InStyleinNY,

I'm not using Shu Uemuras cleansing oil right now (can't get it in Denmark..so I'm waiting for my next trip to London to stock up) but I've used it previously and like it alot.
As for what type you should use..with oily skin I'd go for the light or regular version.
If I was you I would ask a Shu Uemura salerep for a sample..because as you state..it is expensive..especially if you end up hating the product.

Have a look at Shu Uemuras own site it'll tell you what is best for your skintype.

The site http://www.makeupalley.com/
has a lot of reviews for the 3 diff types of cleansing oil..you might want to check that out as well.

:flower:

thnkx for starting this topic-im curious as well.......i recently started using oil as moisturizer and i love it, i have oily t zone, but to be honest my skin is less oily now.....im really into the idea of a cleansing oil. perhaps i'll ask for a sample.

Hi,

I'm a user of this oil since several years and I like it very much ! It soothes the skin, it smells very delicate. You can use for morning cleansing and of course on evening it removes also the make-up (but not the waterproof mascara).
I advice you to buy the regular one or the light one if your skin is oily. :flower:

i stopped using this product after 6 months. my skin got blotchy and ugly!

Does anyone else use this product? A friend swears by it and says even though she has oily skin, it has helped her complexion tremendously. Her results are believable, but I want more opinions. Who else has used/is using and what are your thoughts?

purreow, you should do a search, there have been many topics started on this already (one by me, actually)...

i had the same questions a few months ago... i never heard about their cleansing oil before, and then i saw one of their limited edition bottles on a magazine (gorgeous japanese design by ai yamaguchi), so then i became interested and wanted to buy one. problem was that i have VERY OILY skin, and the thought of putting OIL on my face was like :yuk: . however, i wanted the bottles so badly, so i went to barney's to try it out. i haven't really turned back since (it's been about 3 months now).

i bought all 3 types (light, regular and enriched) because i wanted the bottles, but also because my skin is very seasonal. first i bought the light, which was great, but as winter started rolling around, it was not enough to keep my skin moisturized. so now i use enriched (during the winter), and it does keep my skin so soft and supple. i've always had acne-prone skin, and although i can't say that i have NO PIMPLES now at all, i haven't had more breakouts with the cleansing oil. i've had maybe a little less (one or two here and there). and the best thing is that it also works as a make-up remover, so i don't have to use 2 separate products!

so bottom line, would i recommend it? YES
but if you are on the line, go get some samples, and see how you like it first... they are an expensive investment ($60 per bottle).
as for my acne? i think i really just need to see a dermatologist at this point to prescribe some meds, cuz no matter WHAT i use, i still get the occasional break-out

hope this helps!

Thanks InStyle! I'll search for the other posts as well. :smile:

i have this. :heart:
it's amazing for me. i have normal skin. not too dry/oily.
secretly i bought it because i loved the bottle so much. haha.

I like this. You can read my review in the other thread/s

Oil as blemish,spot,acne or black/whitehead remover.

Hello. Tried searching but couldn't find anything on it. I know there are threads where people talk about Shu's Cleansing Oil and thats where i decided to buy it. <also at the insistence of my mom> and i LOVE it.

thing is,i still get the occasional spot and regular gels and creams won't cut it. I came across an article which basically talked about oil as a cleanser < Shu and DHC or something...> and also as a blemish and spot fighter. <among other things which i also forgot...sigh>

So, other than tea tree oil, are there any other types that will and can aid me in my fight against blemishes andspots? whiteheads would be good too...ha ha..

I came across Neem Oil and was about to purchase it when i thought that i should be patient and run it through all of you <since you guys seem to have profound knowledge on all things beauty related> before i purchase it.

Are there any brands <i am such a brand wh*re!!!> which has an oil spot and blemish remorver? one thing i did remember though, was the explanation as to why oil would be a good spot remover.

Apparently, it won't dry it out and therefore won't cause the skin to be oilier but since it's oil,it absorbs and targets below the skin. Spots afterall, are caused by pores clogged by dirt. And skin produces oil cause its too dry.... or something like that. it makes sense to me.

Help will be greatly appreciated!!!
thanks!

oh btw,in case it helps, I'm a guy.18 years old.Acne is clearingup.just red dots left after a facial.Scars waiting to heal if i am notmistaken. Just got 2 spots <recently> and a white head.

Last edited by a moderator:
My skin has been breaking out like crazy and I just realized it's because of this! I've heard a lot of positive reviews for the cleanser and after googling I found some reviews that describe what I've been going through. I suppose you should get a sample to see if it's for you before you purchase. It seems some skin reacts positively and others don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MLM1963
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->