Sienna Miller

Ok wow the hairstyle is turning out nice!! She should date Jimmy Fallon.. :ermm:

thanks for the today show clip. she looks tired but really cute. I have to spread reputation before I can give you Karma though :(

She looks absolutly stunning in her black opaque tights and briefs. We need more of this style.

Hated those briefs!
To me it looks like she's trying way too hard!
Love her new haircut though.....

COVER STORY
Sienna Miller's Untamed Heart

The passions and perils of Hollywood's It girl By Kate Meyers

All Photographs by Matt Jones
In her short but spectacular 25 years, Sienna Miller has launched fashion trends (cowboy boots, boho-chic tops), kissed the hired help, sexed-up some wickedly fun indie films (Layer Cake), as well as big-budget flops (Alfie), and been trumpeted in the tabloids as a winner in love (after becoming engaged to a newly single Jude Law in 2004) and then a loser (after Law cheated on her with his children’s nanny in 2005). Now, with her turn in this month’s Factory Girl as Edie Sedgwick, Andy Warhol’s tragic It girl who died of a drug overdose in 1971, the American-born, British-raised Miller hopes to add “became a serious actress” to her list of achievements. In her typical uninhibited way, she talked to LIFE about her mischief-making days—and why she hasn’t given up on love.

You started attending a British boarding school at age 8. Why so young?
It was this idyllic school. There were about 50 girls, and they said you could [bring] your pet rabbit, you could [bring] your pet pony. It was quite bohemian and, on paper, sounded great: pony, rabbit, school, let’s go!

Did you have a rabbit?
I had a rabbit and a pony. I was very spoiled. The rabbit was called Daisy. I got caught mating her with another rabbit and got into such trouble. The head of the school—who was 90 years old, fat, and in a wheelchair—[gave me] a black star for it, which was the worst thing you could get.

Did the high jinks continue throughout your school years?
I kissed the school gardener. He wasn’t some 50-year-old Scotsman with a ginger beard. He was actually quite good-looking. Well, not really, but when you’re at an all-girls boarding school and there are no boys around and there’s this guy in his twenties. . . . It was a dare, and I did it. There was another time we all snuck out and went to the pub and got drunk, then took off our clothes and streaked across the lacrosse pitch. We set off a stink bomb during an assembly. We got a strippergram to come on our last day of school, when the headmistress was giving her farewell speech.

Why all the mischief?
I was inherently rebellious, but because my parents were so open and loving, there wasn’t a lot to rebel against. I was sort of a ringleader for naughtiness. Not bad, not hurtful, just naughty.

Do you remember the moment when you thought, I want to be an actress?
I was a kid, watching Some Like It Hot. Mum put my hair in rollers, then took it out. We were laughing, pretending to be Marilyn Monroe. We were doing "boop-boop-be-do" into hairbrushes.

How long before you started getting roles?
I met with this great agent when I was a teenager. He said, "Go to drama school, and I’ll come see you in a play." I said, "Listen, just put me up for five things, and if I get one, then we both succeed, and if not, you never have to see me again.” He looked at me and said, "You can’t just walk in here and . . ." Then he started laughing and said, "I absolutely love that you said that. How can I say no?" So he took me on, and I got [part] number four. He still laughs about it. He says I signed him.

After going on to play Edie Sedgwick, did you find her hard to shake?
I researched [the role] for about a year. It had been so encompassing that after [filming ended] I left feeling like, "Who the hell am I now? Which part is me?" I couldn’t dance in any other way than the way Edie danced. I had her laugh. I didn’t want to take my black tights off because it had been my world for a while. I suppose I took it too far. But you know what? It was really fun being Edie Sedgwick.

Edie was shoved into the spotlight early on and fell apart. How have you kept sane and happy with all the publicity that has surrounded you?
I think Edie freaked out in a very physical way from an incredibly abusive upbringing. Her answer was to take drugs to escape. I’m quite happy living in reality. That’s not to say I don’t have some destructive qualities. I sometimes stay out too late. I don’t take the best care of myself. But I’m pretty responsible. Everything is stacked against you in this job because you’re encouraged to have everything revolve around you. Everyone lavishes you with praise. . . . I understand how people become egotistical. [But] I’m not deluded about myself. I don’t think I’m the be-all. I’m never good enough for myself, so I don’t have any belief in my own importance.

You’ve said that everything in your life has happened in the wrong order. Could you clarify that?
I meant it in terms of meeting Jude, us getting together, and being catapulted into an enormous spotlight before I’d ever had a film released. I feel like I’ve had more to fight against because people have preconceived ideas of who I am. I became famous for a reason other than my [work]. I work very, very hard. But [for the press] it was about the fashion, it was about the romance, it was about the drama of life. It was frustrating.

What did you learn from that relationship?
What makes me sad [is] that there was a loss of innocence on my part. I was blinded by being a romantic person. I sort of feel like, "What if I never love that vulnerably and that openly again?" But I feel like I’m really strong. I feel like I grew up. People have made such a huge deal of it. But every single woman I know has experienced the same thing—just not publicly. People would say “Poor her.” But it wasn’t the first time it’s happened to me—and it won’t be the last, I’m sure. Human nature is such that monogamy is a really hard thing to achieve.

So, people know you’re Jude’s ex. What don’t they know about you?
I have to sleep on the right side of the bed. I don’t know why. I wear silk pajamas from Shanghai Tang. I dip my French fries into chocolate milk shakes. I’ve never had a sex dream. When I was at school, friends used to come downstairs with huge smiles on their faces, having had these amazing dreams. I’ve never had one.

What’s your idea of a perfect date?
In England a date is "You fancy getting a pint down at the pub?" We don’t date, so I’m unfamiliar with the concept. I think a little restaurant where you don’t order, the chef just brings out whatever they’ve got. Then maybe go see some music. Or go dancing. I’ve yet to have it, so I guess I’ll let you know.

This could be a defining year in terms of work—you’ve got Factory Girl and two other movies coming out. But how would you define yourself?
I’m just gonna blurt [it out] because then it will be honest: enthusiastic, sensitive, stubborn, funny, insecure, loving, happy. Is it arrogant to say all those things? See! Insecure.

Do you want to get married and have children?
I can’t wait. In a world where you’re encouraged to have your universe revolve around yourself, suddenly it doesn’t. I know I want that because I have way too much love to give. If I have a child, it can all go there. Life, I think, will suddenly make sense.
same source

continued

To capture 1960s New York City for this shoot, LIFE went to the storied Chelsea Hotel, a former way station for celebrities, including Warhol It girl Edie Sedgwick. Sienna Miller channels Sedgwick in her latest film, Factory Girl, and here for photographer Matt Jones's camera. For the behind-the-scenes scoop, LIFE.com spoke with Miller's stylist for this shoot, Mary Alice Stephenson.
WEST SIDE STORY: After shooting Factory Girl, Miller felt right at home at the Chelsea Hotel. Stephenson told us that during filming there the actress got to meet and hang out with the hotel manager, who had been a friend of Sedgwick's.

MASQUERADE: Miller posed in a Roberto Cavalli dress and a mask by Lost Art, a company that makes one-of-a-kind leather pieces for Lenny Kravitz, Julia Roberts, and Sheryl Crow. "It's hard to get up there in front of the camera and go for it," says Stephenson. "But to have something to play with, like that mask, got her into character."

TOTALLY MOD: The Chanel dress and Prada shoes are a decided nod to the '60s. "Sienna grabbed [the outfit], threw it on, and she just plopped herself in the window," says Stephenson. "She felt really comfortable in that little minidress."

IT’S A WRAP! It was so cold outside, a crew member draped a hotel bedspread over Miller while the photographer was reloading film. "We were all so worried that she would get sick," says Stephenson. What was underneath? A sleeveless dress by Fendi, unfit for low temperatures.

HEAVY COUTURE: "Shipping this dress was like transporting a refrigerator," says Stephenson. The exceedingly heavy Zac Posen gown was sent overnight from Las Vegas. After finally getting through the airport, it nearly missed the shoot. Three people were needed to carry the floral skirt of this 300-pound creation. "We had Sienna standing there, and we took the picture exactly where the elevator opened," remembers Stephenson. "She stepped into it, [Matt Jones] shot maybe four pictures, and she had to leave. The dress was still standing upright!"

same source

Did you have any acting idols growing up?
I had boys that I loved. Brad Pitt, Sean Penn. Marlon Brando was my first love. That [moment] in A Streetcar Named Desire, when he turns around in the white T-shirt and looks over his shoulder, I went stumbling for the remote control. I’d never seen anything like it.

What’s your life like now? What’s a typical day for you?
Wake up. Have my tea. Put a chicken in the oven. Have my friends over, sitting around reading papers and watching football. Take my dogs for a long walk. Eat the chicken, drink wine, lounge around, and watch more football, then eat leftovers.

You have barely any makeup on right now. Is that normal for you?
I need to [wear it] sometimes, but I'm lazy and low-maintenance. I always forget to shave my armpits and shave my legs and put makeup on. If I have to leave the house at eight, I'll set my alarm for three minutes to.

Sienna Miller

Just one night after the premiere of Factory Girl at the historic Ziegfeld Theatre, New York's Cinema Society and fashion powerhouse Calvin Klein threw the beautiful Brit a party with a downtown hipster spin. Sharon Stone, Jamie-Lynn Sigler, Josh Lucas and Milla Jovovich joined Miller and castmates Jimmy Fallon and Guy Pearce to raise a glass to the new film, which opens this week.

Milla Jovovich, Sienna Miller

Miller and Milla Jovovich made for a perfect pair of downtown girls at the Gramercy Park Hotel after-party. Also in the mix were Calvin Klein designer Francisco Costa, model May Anderson and singer Rufus Wainwright, who all combined to make for a decidedly hip crowd.

instyle.com

im not sure about that black outfit...but its very brave to wear something like that!

^ I love how she is wearing the Zac Posen gown that Hana Soukupova wore on the runway. I think it looks better on Sienna

I love that Life Magazine interview. What a terrific read. :heart: Thanks for posting. :flower:

kochie332 said:
^ I love how she is wearing the Zac Posen gown that Hana Soukupova wore on the runway. I think it looks better on Sienna

Is that the black and white one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chvrrystvrr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->