Six Degrees of Separation

Okay... My grandparents met the father of ohh what's her name the girl in Still Magnolias (the one who died) they met him this summer, the movie "powder" was filmed down the road from my house, one of my friends dated Kelly Clarkson

I chat with niclas (etoiledunord) on MSN and he's met D12 and some other celebrities. :lol:

my sister was an extra in an upcoming movie starring Robert DeNiro....she was in a ballroom scene where she danced very near him...who knows if it will be in the final movie - hopefully it will not get cut. :flower:

not so many degrees of separation but i've met few well known people: rupert everett, leelee sobieski, catherine deneuve, nastassja kinski from filming 'les liaisons dangereuses', tara PT, and very briefly paris hilton. One degree of seperation through my boyfriend who has met blue band members, robert hanson, tim jeffries and some others I didn't recognise. Three degrees for Wayne Rooney (football Player in UK :yuk: ); he bought my parents' best friend's old house.

Enough name dropping! it's not like I've spent all day or night with any of them!! :doh:

But my friend had partied with pierce brosnan all night

oh, and I have also chatted to etoiledunord on MSN! :flower:

um i know a lot of pro snowboarders and skaters. unless you're into that kinda stuff you probably dont know their names. matty ryan is one of my good friends, bobby meeks, mike plumb, nate bozung, mikey leblanc, andy forgash, etc.

youre talking about julia roberts' dad bonshic!

well Julia Roberts character in that movie was a true story so my grandparents met the "Real" dad! lol! Also my boss' uncle sold his yacht to Tiger Woods (recently) because he bought a new one

Errr, there are a few :smile:

I was a model @ STORM linking me to the likes of Kate Moss, Devon Aoki etc etc
I met Dolce & Gabbana at a party shoot - they are nice guys!
My niece in law is loosely related to elvis LMFAO
I once made fun of jerry bruckheimer to his face without realising who he was. And consequently slept with one of the actors in one of his movies (not a big one, and i AM talking about the actor :wink:
I was naked and 100ft away from Angel (Don't ask)
I met S.L.Jackson & T.L.JOnes at a premiere

that's enough name dropping for now :wink:

my friend met eliza dushku from bring it on while they were filming tru calling at my school

im like 5 away from will young, which is exciting for me anyway, 2 away from busted, 1 away from shahrukh khan (almost there.....!!!) and all these bollywood celebrities but he's the only decent one. No one totally A list.

My step-grandmother met Elvis when she was in high school. She rode in a car with him after a football game or something (before e was famous...he went to a nearby high school and knew her friend). She says he was nice.

My friend has met guys in Maroon 5. She and another friend helped them set up a show. They also recognized her at a more recent show. Wait, was it Dispatch? No, I think it was Maroon 5... :unsure: I'll ask.

My friend's dad is pretty famous in the opera scene, if that counts.

Oh yeah! Another friend's dad is on All My Children. Before she graduated, they would host huge cast parties in their huge house...awesomeness. My brother went to a post-prom party at her house and they went bowling for Oscars. :lol:

I have performed with random people like Dave Brubeck and Steven Schwartz. There are others, but I don't remember right now. You know the cartoon movie Anastasia? I performed with the woman who sings for Anastasia, who is famous on Broadway. I met the guys in Chantecleer and I think Paul Winter in 5th grade. I might have sung a bit with Paul Winter, but I'm not sure. I have his autograph, though, and my dad and brother sang with him.

When I was younger, my mom pointed to some guys in the airport with instruments and said that they must be a band...so my brother got their autographs in case they were famous. :lol

Ok, enough random connections...:lol:

I think there's a #Famous people you've met" thread somewhere in tFS archives ...that may help ... my latest addition ... the DALAI LAMA!!!!
Just a couple of weeks ago ... I attended three events on 3 days in a row that he was giving ... the funniest part is when I was leaving the restroom and bumped into him right outside (actually, I think I hit him witht he door while opening it) :blush:

My uncle used to do Shakespeare in the Park with Samuel L. Jackson, and when he and my aunt got married at my parent's house, he was there (I was a bridesmaid).

My aunt and uncle also know Alicia Keys' mom.

When I was younger, I used to skate with my friend Jen, who knew a few pro skateboarders; she introduced me to Steve Berra (he was briefly married to Juliette Lewis and was on Felicity--he got hit by a bus!!).

I met the Roots a few times at clubs in Phildelphia through my friend Sierra (she's a singer).

Originally posted by kimair@Oct 11 2004, 07:18 PM
When I was younger, I used to skate with my friend Jen, who knew a few pro skateboarders; she introduced me to Steve Berra (he was briefly married to Juliette Lewis and was on Felicity--he got hit by a bus!!).
[snapback]394171[/snapback]​
Is your friend Jen O'Brien? I love Steve Berra; he was on 413 Hope Street, too.

My dad is famous in the classical guitar world (DouglasNiedt.com). I've met a bunch of famous guitarists through him, even a Grammy-winning one (although she isn't that great at all :innocent: ).

One of my mom's friends toured with Hanson. :lol:

I have a personal handwritten note from Steven Spielburg in my hand to a director I know who showed Steven all the ropes...kinda random...i found it the script pile laying around the laundry room :blush:

My next door neighbor is Jack Johnson... His dad and my dad surf together.

+ my second aunt alla was nastassja kinski's russian/english translator in the early nineties
+ alla lives in LA and knows tons of celebs. she was the fiance of a producer and writer of walker, texas ranger
+ i interned at CLEAR magazine. the editor, ivana, knows kate moss and tons of other fashion people
+ i met the strokes in 2002
+ i met tyra banks in 2003
+ i met bachelor bob in 2003
+ this summer, i was an extra in a movie in LA where i met the mom from "E.T" and the dad from "Bend it Like Beckham"
+ my manager used to work at a hotel in hawaii, where he waited on liza minelli, walter cronkite, sally field, and many other stars

that's all i can think of . . .

My daughter Ali might be an extra in the movie " Hide and Seek" that is coming out this friday. It stars Robert DeNiro. She's in the ballroom scene on New Year's eve. (If it didn't end up on the cutting room floor.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fabs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->