Skins

I think he means that having a whole episode filled with all that random crazy bad *** stuff Cook was doing is making him unpopular with the viewers?
There's always going to be a character you don't like though :blink:..I don't mind him

Isn't that the point of each episode? The character the episode is based on is shown in a less than happy light usually, for people who watch skins, what happened in the recent episode isn't that surprising. I don't get why that portrayal would make people hate him, it gives a deeper look at his character. And how are we as an auidence "encouraged" to think anything? An audience makes up their own mind but if we are apparantly 'forced' to think a certain way I think it would be sympathy for Cook, no?

Also he's nothing like Chris, I hate the comparisons. I wish people would stop bringing up the old characters to be honest, these new ones have only just started to show their individual traits etc

Last edited by a moderator:
each episode is named for a character and of course about that character. the latest one is about cook... i don't think cook and chris are similar in any way... i watched the beginning of it but i haven't finished yet.

^ I know that ^_^ :smile: i was just trying to make sense of what he was saying.

I also don't like the comparisons..each character seems completley different from the one in the last season which is great!

I thought that they weren't going to have the eps based on one character each time this season. I don't know why I thought that but I swear I read it somewhere.

Freddie is really different to what I thought he would be. In the adverts before the show started he is the one f**king some random chick in the loos whereas now we know it would be Cook.

I knew it would be the other way round with Emily and Naomi. I wonder where they went off to as they weren't with the others when the ran away from the party.

I take back what I said Cook is nothing like Chris.

#480 The music sucked?! C'mon, Motorhead's Ace of Spades, and don't forget the Barry Manilow song Cook sings.... :lol:

Moving on.... at first I thought Cook would sort of be the new Chris, for obvious reasons. You know, the one "party animal", the crazy irresponsible one. But now I see they're nothing alike, with the exception of their hedonistic lifestyle, they really have contrasting personalities.

Personally, though, I like Cook. I actually find him rather charming. He's mad, for sure, but otherwise.... there's still plenty of time for him to develop, and I wonder how he'll turn out. To be honest I didn't like Tony at any point in Series 1, but I eventually appreciated his character as a whole by Series 2. That's how I think it'll be for Cook for some people.

Anyway, cheer up to those who didn't like last night's episode. I guess you can't like them all. I remember being bored during Jal's episode (2nd episode, 1st series) and my friend was bored during Cassie's episode (3rd episode, 1st series) -- which were both fairly uneventful -- but overall, each episode makes the series what it is, and it's then that you'll be able to appreciate it. Things will start getting crazy in a couple more episodes, just as it did in the very first series, so there's plenty to look forward to. Like the writers said: the first series will establish the characters, and the second will develop them.

Yeah, that twin is the only new character I like.
PS. Tony was pretty unlikeable in the first season, I think they're just trying to write characters that aren't all normal and likeable and sweet.
Also, I want to know more about the letter in Sid's locker!

I've seen 2 first episodes of series 3, it's not bad, but I miss previous cast! :(
as to series 3, I must say Kaya Scodelario isn't that much of an actress, she didn't speak in series 1 and 2 and could disguise it easily :lol: but now I see she lacks some charisma! :blink:
I really liked that sweet girl, one of the twins, oh and Freddy is so cute! :blush:
I hate Cook, he's such a mix of Chris&Tony... I don't get his personality, and he does such eewww things!
That was funny when they showed Sid's locker in episode one ^_^

and people, please tell me why is Pandora and some other girls are wearing those identical balck outfits and why did Pandora had to attend that class with manicures etc?

i'm so disappointed with season 3 so far. neither the plot or the actors are as good as the ones from season 1 and 2 - in thursday's episode i felt the storyline was just being stretched over the hour...

freddy IS gorgeous though, if slightly long in the neck :P

cherryblossoms, pandora was in a beauty class - it's a "soft" AS-level option over here. haha! i guess the black outfits were mandatory for those taking Beauty.

^
oh that makes sense then :smile: that sounds cool! we don't have any similar to that at school that's why I asked :smile:
will Pandora have other classes, like Maths etc, or will it be just Beauty all the time?

^
I do remember that :smile: but I meant is it only Beauty that those girls (well, plus one bleached hair boy :lol:) study at college? or do they have other classes except that? I'm confused cause we don't have anything like that in our educational system ^_^

^ You can take a number of different subjects, but you can also just take one :smile:

Yes, that's what I meant, yellowetpink :smile:

I just assumed that everyone hated Cook after last week's episode, haha. My friend and I sure did. I don't think I felt sympathy at all for him... maybe for Freddie, if for anyone. I seem to be the only one who thinks this way so perhaps I should rewatch it!

Cant wait for tomorrow!! I am liking this series more than I thought I would...

What a great ep. I like Thomas. SPOLIER - I hope he comes back.

Effy looked gorgeous when she was glaring at her mum.

Poor Pandora :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishyloverr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->