Skins

it said "starts tonight at 10"

does that mean its already started ? :blink:
even though someone said it was january 28th..

^
No, I think the trailer accidently leaked. As far as I know it's still january 28th. :smile:

Oh well, I'm sure it wasn't on there a few days ago. It was first found a Vimeo, the user deleted it short after.

Yeah, I think they/someone released it when they weren't supposed to. It definitely starts the 28th... can't wait :D

Very excited for the return tonight! Unfortunately, there are only eight episodes and Pandora won't have one!

Since I'm not in the uk d does anyone know where I can find it online after it aired. Ninjavideo usually has it bt I didn't see it in their Thursday night line up

have you tried project free tv, they are good. I'm still waiting for season 2, then I'll stop watching,or thats what I think.

^ yeah it was there like.. a hour after i posted that :rofl:

Effy looked sooo pretty at the end.
It was nice to see her without all that heavy makeup.
I wonder what the story is on her disappearing...

OMG :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: I can't believe I forgot Skins started last night.

:doh::doh::doh::doh:

Downloading as we speak.

The first episode was disappointing simply because I don't like Thomas. Hopefully the next one will be better.

Well have to be honest and say I wasn't that impressed by the first ep. From the preview for next week which looks like it's going to be another downer.

I like Thomas but I thought the were not going to focus on just one person each show this season. Did I just dream that.

Ok, honestly, this episode was SH*T.
Thoams is the weakest character fro mall the gang, choosing him to open up the season was very VEEEERY risky and they lost.
This is SKINS. It's about partying, drugs, sex, YOUTH! Not the issues of third world's families. And where are all the gang? Once again ,the Tv show is called "Skins" not "Thomas".
Music was mellow and emo. Wrong editing, wrong bunch of unneeded characters form Thomas's background. He might be a good actor but let him act somewhere else please.
The only thing I enjoyed was the intro party scene and how everyone was introduced by meeting Sophia. (whose character, unfortunately, wasn't developed at all.)

Let's see what next Thursday will bring. Naomi&Emily was always the special part of Skins, let's hope they'll manage to manipulate them well. AND that they will show more of other characters too.

This is SKINS. It's about partying, drugs, sex, YOUTH! Not the issues of third world's families. And where are all the gang? Once again ,the Tv show is called "Skins" not "Thomas".
Music was mellow and emo. Wrong editing, wrong bunch of unneeded characters form Thomas's background. He might be a good actor but let him act somewhere else please.
tempted to roll eyes but I should abstain..
I think the show's intention seems more about portraying England's youth (for better or for worse) rather than being the Gossip Girl rip-off you surely make it sound as. Thomas might be hard to relate for some but not for other (young) people that have to face what he's going through in a foreign culture, with very limited resources and who are still (want it or not) part of a country that might be 'first world' yet keeps them in not so first world conditions just avoid recognising itself as diverse.

for a first episode, I thought it was pretty good, it's definitely challenging considering the amount of people that will not be able and will not try the least to relate to his life, but that's certainly up to the viewers, not the writers.

and there's nothing 'emo' about Devendra Banhart.. :innocent:

i was a little disappointed, because like most, i dont like thomas' character.
but i just its because they didnt really show much focus on him in the third season, so maybe a full episode of just him is something were not used to ?
i dont know.. i cant remember if there was a thomas episode last season.. :lol:

tempted to roll eyes but I should abstain..
I think the show's intention seems more about portraying England's youth (for better or for worse) rather than being the Gossip Girl rip-off you surely make it sound as. Thomas might be hard to relate for some but not for other (young) people that have to face what he's going through in a foreign culture, with very limited resources and who are still (want it or not) part of a country that might be 'first world' yet keeps them in not so first world conditions just avoid recognising itself as diverse.

for a first episode, I thought it was pretty good, it's definitely challenging considering the amount of people that will not be able and will not try the least to relate to his life, but that's certainly up to the viewers, not the writers.

and there's nothing 'emo' about Devendra Banhart.. :innocent:
well said. i think too often people are quick to get caught up in the aspect of the show which highlights drugs, sex and clubbing. i think jamie wrote a brilliant story featuring thomas. he may be hard to relate to depending on ones upbringing in life but the episode was powerful in its delivery and an awesome portrayal of the character.

Character development is something i appreciate they are doing this time around. the first cast was ok, i wasn't all that interested in michelle and her indecisions or cassie and her too out there ways but i can find something to think about and learn from thomas' struggles.

I'm really loving this cast, they bring far more than the first. I'm really glad they set the level from which the series will build...no doubt it will be of importance along the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->