Skins

Maybe I sounded a little bit more than I should.
Just imho this episode had everything I don't like about Skins. It didn't feel like Skins.

I thought it was really good. I liked how they didn't, for lack of a better word, glamourize the drug/party scene the way they did in pervious seasons, which is a good thing because if they only showed the cast partying, doing drugs, and having sex, it would get old pretty soon. I agree with affaireducoeur, the character development of Thomas, and hopefully the rest of the cast, makes the show that much more intersting. I must admit I wasn't really a big Thomas fan last season, and he's probably still my least favorite character, but it was really nice that they showed his struggle adapting to a new culture, because I had a really hard time believing that he didn't experience some sort of culture shock moving from Congo to England.

Putting the emphasis on Thomas in the first episode of this series was arguably a bad move, but I thought the episode itself was pretty good and I really like Thomas as a character. The actor who plays him is also very good.
Through Thomas, Pandora is explored more and becomes more rounded.....as she was just comedy back-up to Effy previously.
Thomas being attracted to another girl also brought out emotions in Pandora that were previously unseen and realistically portrayed how her own betrayal of Thomas with Cooke, is almost forgotten from her perspective.

Has there been any spoilers about where Effy supposedly disappeared to ?
I'm curious as to where she went and if ses changed because she definitley looked like she's somewhat changed appearence wise (no heavy make-up, tamed hair, etc)

the 1st episode bores me to death. BUT im looking forward for the next episode cause NAOMILY is finally there :smile: cant wait :buzz:

is there any place that I can watch the third season?

I guess im the minority but I really enjoyed the first episode. Yes it wasn't super exiting but it kept my interest. I'm looking forward to next week!

About Effy's disappearance.

In 9th episode, when katie's mother is comforting beaten-up Katie, she says: " I hope they<...>that girl when they find her". And Effy didn't get any treatment for Hitting Katie with a rock. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong but we don't see all gang together in the season finale?
So maybe Effy was just gone because of the same old cause. Although personally I don't think the writers would stick to continuing the storylines of season 3.

^ correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Effy also preggers or some hint that she was.

^She only said that to get her mom's attention because she wasn't listening.

i need to rewatch season 3 appearenetly.
i forgot about the woods incident :rofl:

and i hate trying to find new episodes online.
no one has them up fast enough :lol:

Seriously, I think Emily and Naomi are the cutest couple ever in TV.

gse.gif

u8goi.gif

fsd.gif

Made by me

I really liked the latest episode. It was heartwrenching when Emily discovered everything, I even cried. Effy looked very femme fatale as usual and I loved Emily and Katie's respective hair colours ! very bright and acid, as if they had dyed their hair with Cool-aid or something. I won't even comment on Pandora.

Shame they made Naomi cheat on Emily. I'm sick of unfaithfulness being a recurring theme in this show!

Other than that, a massive improvement on last week's episode.

Well at least it was a touching plot. I mean I prefer this better than if they went something like Emily is sad and want to jump off the building because Naomi gave the girl drugs (That was what I thought when I saw the preview last week). At least the girl that committed suicide related to one of the characters- in a very freaky stalking way.

i really liked this episode.
it was definitley one of the best ones with this cast.

Very interesting ep. So far both eps have been very emotional more so than Season 1. I'm starting to feel like they are going a bit too far with the storylines. It's just not believeable at all whereas Season 1 and 2 were half real half faux.

Where's Effy's eyeliner gone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->