Skins

oooh, judging by the promotional photos for Mini's episode, it might be quite interesting!
Yesterday's episode was a bit of a bore. I only got excited when the ending credits had The Rapture's "How Deep Is Your Love" playing and when the sneak peak of Frankie's episode was playing, which look REALLY good. LOL

I watched that just for Franky, Rich & Gracie.
What did they do to Franks it's just illegal, plus they crippled Garcie for life, poor pooor Rich.
Summary - I lost my whole interest :ninja:

I really like this last season way better than the 2nd which I didn't like cos it was overpowered by too much Effie.

Generation 3 Liv - Layla Lewis in a Emeli Sande music video looking cute and being her sweet self
Here's what the artist said about the song
"During my time studying medicine, I found it hard to write, but one of the things that inspired me were the patients and the interaction that they had with their loved ones during their time of illness. When people arrived at the hospital, money and status became irrelevant and only health mattered, which sparked an honesty between people which was amazing. This interaction, declaration of support and love, was the inspiration for "My Kind Of Love" and something I wanted to try and portray in this video. Thank you. Emeli x"

Last edited by a moderator:
Skins will return for its seventh and final series, as announced by Channel 4. The final series is to be broadcast in early 2013, with Channel 4 promising "a celebration of this truly iconic series". it has been confirmed that Kaya Scodelario will return as Effy Stonem along with the other Skins generations for a special final series. The series will be made up of six episodes and will be split into three parts. There will be two episodes per generation. The story for the series is being kept closely under wraps for now but it is thought.It is not clear at this stage what other cast members will return though Kathryn Prescott, who plays Emily Fitch has expressed a strong desire to return to the series in past interviews and Hannah Murray, better known as anorexic character Cassie Ainsworth has also shown an interest.

I found this on wikipedia..I hope they'll bring Cook back!

That would be a very interesting idea, I missed seeing some actors that are no longer active. Also, if characters from different generations interacted it would be epic. However, so far seems like it's only a rumour, there's no official confirmation, no?

I've also found this http://www.e4.com/blog/skins-news/post/2wn0uehal25baxdmosd4pk/view.e4 so I guess there is a pretty good chance there will be a series 7.

Get Out!!!
the-writers-ramblings_tumblr_m2agbbZ82d1r6obgro2_r2_400.gif

If Hannah is there, im gonna cry. :woot:
the-writers-ramblings

by JEN BLACKBURN

NICHOLAS Hoult has snubbed a return to Skins for its finale.

Despite making his name on the hit Channel 4 teen drama, he is too much in demand in Hollywood to return as Tony in the last ever series.

At least Nicholas, who plays bespectacled Hank in X Men: First Class, has a good excuse. He will be in Africa filming Mad Max 4 with Charlize Theron and Tom Hardy.

He told TV Biz: “No, I’m not going to be doing it. I loved Skins but I don’t think I can fit it in.

“I’m filming Mad Max in Namibia, which will mean I’m away for ages.”

These days Nick also mingles with royalty. He and Prince William hit it off at a recent polo match.

Nick said “He was a really nice guy.

“He asked me what I’d been up to and said he’d watched a couple of my films.”
the sun

Some updates about who is probably coming back and who is not, that I found on wikipedia:

Cast members

Generation 1

Larissa Wilson (Jal Fazer) confirmed via Twitter that she will not be returning for series 7.
Joe Dempsie has also confirmed in an interview to 1883 Magazine that he won't be returning as Chris Miles as his character died.
Nicholas Hoult (Tony Stonem) also ruled out a return for the series.

Generation 2

Kaya Scodelario has confirmed that she will return as Effy Stonem.
Jack O'Connell announced that he would be returning as Cook.
Klariza Clayton (Karen McClair) has expressed interest in returning
Ollie Barbieri (JJ Jones) mentioned on his Twitter that no one has even asked him to return.

Generation 3

Sebastian de Souza (Matty Levan) announced on his Twitter that he will not be in series 7.

The generation 1 cast were the only ones I liked so it's a shame not many of them are coming back.
Posted via Mobile Device

ooooh this looks like bad news for the reunion. I can't take a frankie focussed reunion at all!
i guess they should concentrate mainly on the last gen with a few well placed cameos from previous ones instead of a comprehensive reunion of all generations.

On 8 March 2012, Channel 4 confirmed that Skins will come to an end after a seventh series, featuring characters from all three generations in a six-episode series. The final series is to be broadcast in early 2013, with Channel 4 promising "a celebration of this truly iconic series".

Jamie Brittain, who quit the show after the series 5, has returned as part of the writing staff. Jamie Brittain releaved via twitter that filming will begin in late October.

E4 and Company Pictures announce the return of its multi-award winning teen drama Skins for a new series. Series seven will mark a departure in style with former stars Hannah Murray (Game of Thrones), Jack O'Connell (300: Rise of an Empire) and Kaya Scodelario (Wuthering Heights) returning to the roles which shaped their careers in three individual stories, each one broadcast in two, one hour parts.

The three stories will have distinct titles: 'Skins Pure' (Cassie), 'Skins Rise' (Cook) and 'Skins Fire' (Effy). Lily Loveless (Naomi) and Kat Prescott (Emily) will also appear in guest roles. Written by series creators Bryan Elsley and Jamie Brittain with Jess Brittain, Season 7 goes into new territory; more adult, more uncompromising. Each two part story centres on the characters now in their early twenties, the party's over and they're starting out as young adults, struggling to find a direction and a focus in unforgiving times.

Skins co-creator Bryan Elsley said: “The three will play their iconic characters as they emerge into adulthood, and bring new challenging stories of young adults, grappling with life in Cameron’s Britain, to vivid and entertaining focus.” C4 commissioning editor Sophie Gardiner added: “Skins is a show that defined a generation. That generation is growing up.” C4 have announced Skins will bow out after the seventh series, to be aired next spring. But an insider held out hope the show could still return elsewhere. The source said: “If it does well it might come back, maybe not on E4 but on some other platform.”

"Skins Pure" by Bryan Elsley

Cassie (Hannah Murray) is adrift, alone and invisible in London, trying to make sense of her life. Slowly she realises that someone is following her. Cassie turns towards the unknown. A strange and poignant friendship is carved out of mutual loneliness, but can it survive exposure to the real world?

"Skins Rise" by Jamie Brittain

Cook (Jack O'Connell) has a job delivering drugs to Manchester Revellers. When he is asked to help his employer's girlfriend find a house and finds that he is irresistibly attracted to her, he sets off a train of events which will lead him into a world of savage revenge and a confrontation with his own violent past.

"Skins Fire" by Jess Brittain

Effy (Kaya Scodelario) has a dead end job as a receptionist for a leading London Hedge Fund. But as she stumbles across crucial financial information relating to a troubled deal and embarks on an affair with her wealthy boss, she finds out that she has bitten off more than she can chew. Her flatmate Naomi (Lily Loveless) tries to stop Effy from ruining her life, but Effy cannot be reached; until tragedy strikes.

This is from wikipedia but I've also found this https://www.e4.com/blog/skins-news/post/5bxgsbsw6jyu8sdbhp5yo/view.e4

I'm kind of dissapointed that no other characters are returning but at least the best ones are, imo. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ I am also dissapointed bc last we saw hannah was in ny- as far as i remember and that boy was looking for her, i thought it would be picked up from that point but no...

and effy and cook, i thought their stories would be kinda connected...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madame Gres
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->