Skins

I agree with Effy being overhyped, she was the most annoying character for me, ever :P Plus I don't see her beauty at all... and as for the clever part, the only smart thing I remember her doing was the way she got Sid and Cassie back together.

As for 3rd/4th generation, I quite enjoyed Pandora. She somehow didn't fit to show at all but was such a delight to watch. The twins were also interesting casting.

I like Pandora too. I think they could've done a lot more with her character.
Her little random bf, Thomas, was such a lame storyline.

I think my favorite characters are Naomi and Cook.

It hasn't always been the same? I really thought so! :blink: But I loooved the soundtrack for season 5. A lot of great songs :smile:

Is Series 5 good? I haven't even watched Series 4 yet, but I saw the cast for series 5 and they looked like an interesting lot. :D

It hasn't always been the same? I really thought so! :blink: But I loooved the soundtrack for season 5. A lot of great songs :smile:

Yeah they've changed it for each "generation". The first two were pretty similar, though, the one for generation three stands out a bit more. And I agree, the soundtrack's been great!

Is Series 5 good? I haven't even watched Series 4 yet, but I saw the cast for series 5 and they looked like an interesting lot. :D

I really liked season 5, the storylines weren't quite as good as for the previous seasons but I fell in love with nearly all the characters (mainly Nick, Mini and Alo)!

I liked season 5 too. It could've been stronger, but it was still a good time :smile:

Yeah they've changed it for each "generation". The first two were pretty similar, though, the one for generation three stands out a bit more. And I agree, the soundtrack's been great!

Wow, how didn't I notice that?? :shock: I think I'm going to listen to all of them in a row, to see if I can tell the diferences :huh:

Creator Of Skins Quits! What Will Happen To The Series?
Filed under: TV News > Sad Sad
skins-creator-quits-series__oPt.jpg

Aw man! It will be a shame to see him go!

The future of the smash UK series Skins has gone into jeapordy now that it's been announced that series creator Jamie Brittain has called it quits, with a spokesman for the network Channel 4 revealing:

"Jamie has decided after five hit series to move on to write new projects and we wish him well. Skins is written by a team of young writers who are hard at work on the new series which is currently in pre-production."

And Brittain himself elaborates:

"I've just said everything I wanted to say. It's time for new writers to come forward and portray their truth about teenagers. I'm really sad to leave, but I'm confident that the writing and production team I've left behind will do an awesome job."

With him gone, as well as his co-cretor Bryan Elsley having left to work on the American remake, current assistant producer Toby Welch and script producer Neil Ducan have taken over running the next season, but if ratings don't improve, that could be the last!

We certainly hope not! Here's hoping that the new writers can breathe some fresh air into the series, and it will leave to see another generation of disillusioned teens!

What do U think?? Has Skins passed its prime?
perezhilton
aww man :( hope this doesn't mean skins has for good finally come to an end:(:cry:

I doubt it will end. The creator probably just wants to move onto new things, which is understandable.

Considering they change the cast every two seasons, Skins could go on forever.
I don't think this will have a drastic change on the series. If anything, it may be a good thing.

As for the Skins news, is there any info on the new series? Has it been confirmed? I really really want to watch season 6!

^yes it has been confirmed.S6 will be back in 2012.:flower:
C4Insider Channel 4 Insider
Dakota promising #Skins6 will be bigger and bolder than ever before. The new run will have 10 episodes and she's hinting at new characters!
source:C4Insider's Twitter

‘Skins’ star hints at Franky, Mini romance

Skins star Dakota Blue Richards has suggested that Franky and Mini’s relationship could be explored further in the next series.

Speaking at the recent Kapow convention, the actress admitted that hints of a romance between the pair have proven popular with the show’s fans.

“I have no idea [what will happen, but] I think considering how popular [that relationship] is with the fans… it’ll probably be something we’ll see again,” she said.

“They are two characters who play very important roles in the series, so it’s unlikely that there’s going to be no interaction between them! But I’m not sure what the nature of that will be.”

Skins writer Jess Brittain also suggested that fan reaction to the storyline has had an impact on future scripts.

“The writers take the Skins fans very seriously and we listen really closely,” she hinted.

Skins will return to E4 in 2012.
source:http://****yeahdakotablue.tumblr.com/post/4556334113/skins-star-hints-at-franky-mini-romance^_^

I'm happy they'r coming back :smile: But am I the only one who doesn't want Mini and Franky to get together? I just can't see them as couple... :blink:

I´ve recently seen Jack O´Connell in The Runaway and I´m smitten with him :crush: so I´m thinking of watching season 3 and 4 (I´ve never seen anything)... is it ok to start this show mid-way? will I understand something?

^ since the cast changes every two seasons starting with Season3 should be easy, it's basically an entire new plot with some minor referencing/connections from the former characters. i started with Season3 as well, and out of all the characters love Cook the most, Jack O'Connell :smile:crush:smile: probably must be the greatest actor the producers ever cast for Skins. though i can't say much on that topic since i've never bothered watching S1 and S2.. and i'm still undecided over S4-S5, is the 3rd lineup still worth watching? :ninja:

i'm so upset that the skins movie coming out won't include freddie :( i understand that he was killed off in the series... but then in the series, they totally moved on and away from effy & nick, yet them 2 will be featured in the movie nontheless.
i don't get why they can't just throw freddie in as well then :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KHERLAK
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->