Slender Silhouettes

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
What you do think of this? Now that most designers are making clothes close to the body.

Columns at Dior and Fluffy tops and slender skirts at Chanel.

Attachments

• 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 8
Ignitioned, it seems to me that this has been going on since early ninties. Have you seen some of Armani's recent stuff for Emporio? He finally succeeded in making a Jacket into a cardigan. I am a slim guy and like some things slimming on me, but somethings are too much in the mens area. :wink:

igni...
i think finding trends can become distorted through selection... the dior collection u sourced ur pics from... was FULL... of voluminous jakcets n huuuuge skirts.... but also the skiny silhouettes...

I don't like the full-length fitted look. I like when slim-fit is juxtaposed against something fuller. Like the wide-shoulder raglan-sleeve tops of the 1980s paired with close-cut stirrup pants, or like the tight-tee/baggy-jeans look that was super-popular 6-7 years ago. Heck, the hallmark of Dior's seminal New Look was the tight bodice contrasted against the flaring, swooshy, extravagant, full skirt.

The full-length skinny look makes slim people look weedy, and is is utterly punishing to anyone who isn't just a bone.

I didn't think this was a recent trend. I have seen this before, Im sure

i think there has been a move back to colum dresses and longer skirts.

but its nothing really new

Originally posted by Spacemiu@May 15th, 2004 - 4:00 pm
i think there has been a move back to colum dresses and longer skirts.

but its nothing really new
what trends are ever new? as far as I know trends are recycled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->