00200f.jpg
00210f.jpg

00220f.jpg
00230f.jpg

:woot: probably one of her strongest collections this far,
Sophia is finally showing her claws..
She absolutely desreves the Givenchy post,
showing in Paris did her much good :heart:

I have been waiting for hers. She is currently my favorite designer, and I love this collection.

I was so worried that with the responsibilities at the Olympic's it might make her stray...but my word is it completely the opposite! This is INDEED her strongest work to date. I love every bit of it!

With the intricacy in this,I see a strong "heirloom" feeling blooming in Paris. It seems these clothes in its approach have a certain "second life" appeal. Really beautiful.

what a beautiful collection
now,I anticipate the re-raunch of her small menswear line.

It reminds me a little of her "olympic" work....

“The collection is based on the underwater environment, especially shells, corals and sea currents.” — Sophia Kokosolaki

from wwd :flower:

and yes, she seems also inspired by re-inventing classic greek draping, the effect of her work reminds me folds from ancient status, probably a precious side effect from working for the Olympics

Indeed Lena!!! There are lots of folds and pleats in the clothes! Its a drapery from ancient greek dress to 21st century fashion.

hire her now :P

SOPHIA’S CHOICE: Sophia Kokosalaki had some intriguing characters in the front row of her Paris show Tuesday night: Givenchy president Marco Gobbetti and LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton talent scout Concetta Lanciaux. Asked if they were considering the London-based designer to fill a slot vacant since Julien Macdonald exited in April, the pair demurred, waving off the question with a laugh. “I don’t like naming names,” Gobbetti said. He only promised to make an announcement “by the end of the year.” It is understood that Givenchy is still evaluating several potential candidates, including Isaac Mizrahi, Zac Posen and Roland Mouret.

from wwd :flower:

LOVES IT! wow......some of those items are a dream
partay for Sophia!

She really is going from strength to strength isn't she.... This collection looks confident & mature but without looking in any way tired.

she must do Givenchy... she can make it fresh and modern again

and she clearely ahs teh skills to do intract couture.

wow, it looks so lovely! and I love the non-agressive colours.

Sophia Kokosalaki

October 06, 2004 - Paris

The most eagerly awaited show of the Paris season so far was the Paris debut of Sophia Kokosalaki, the latest London-based designer to decamp from the UK scene and present her collection here.

For Kokosalaki, a Greek lady who arrives with a reputation for inventive tailoring and an exact understanding of what women really want to wear, it could only be a tough debt before the world’s toughest jury – French fashionistas.

As if to underline the test, the show was staged in the Convent des Cordeliers, in the shadow of the Sorbonne, where foreign thinkers have traditionally gone to test out their theories before the French intellectual establishment.

Heightening the atmosphere were reports that Givenchy were keen to hire Kokosalaki as the new women’s ready-to-wear designer for the house. And where there is smoke there is fire, as Marco Gobbetti, Givenchy president, and Jean Jacques the heading hunting elf of LVMH, the conglomerate that owns the house, were both in the audience.

One would have to say that Sophia more than comfortably passed her first French test. She is a draped of real talent, who understands the human figure better than the vast majority of her contemporaries. Moreover, this designer has a brilliant eye for fabric and finish, showing shiny stains that looked like leather and twisted plisse silks that were classical yet contemporary.

Her most telling look was the second exit worn by Ukrainian super-model Daria Werbowy, a pale gray combo of plisse bra top and culottes with a woven gold fabric belt, that was just the right side of sexy sophistication.

Her Greek heritage is always in evidence at shows of Kokosalaki, who designed the uniforms for this summer’s Olympics. Goddess dresses, wasp waists and a certain classical elegance were obvious throughout.

Asked when he would name a new designer at Givenchy, Gobbetti told FWD: “She’s a great talent, but far too many names have been talked about. Now is the time for silence.”

However, after three barn-storming Brits in just six years – John Galliano, Alexander McQueen and Julien Macdonald - Sophia’s subtle ideas would seem a much more logical fit with Hubert de Givenchy’s lady like fashion. Of that much we are sure.

FWD

Originally posted by Lena@Oct 6 2004, 12:43 AM
:woot: probably one of her strongest collections this far,
Sophia is finally showing her claws..
She absolutely desreves the Givenchy post,
showing in Paris did her much good :heart:
[snapback]387049[/snapback]​

same :heart: :heart: :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members