Spring/Summer 06 Trend Forecast

Status
Not open for further replies.
right indie, skirts could actually keep being popular, but we've seen so many of them worn this summer that i'm already longing for more trousers, the 20's 30's pyjama styles :heart:

during vacations, i've noticed a huge trend towards arabic/skater graphic inspired logos printed mainly on t-shirts etc
predicting it could easily develop in a mainstream trend for ss06

ppl say its more subdued like prada men ss06 ..but embellishment still key... is afrika still hot? how about mexico?

since there's no escaping the ethnik trip ..
i'd say more mexico than africa for ss06 :wink:

Lena said:
right indie, skirts could actually keep being popular, but we've seen so many of them worn this summer that i'm already longing for more trousers, the 20's 30's pyjama styles :heart:

yes I agree I am hoping baggier trousers are on their way back. they are a nice transition from skirts because like skirts they're quite comfortable and flatter most figures...me, I'm still a skirt girl but I am loving the sound of these 20s/30s inspired pajama style.

Thanks guys,

I've actually got a load of trend books to look at, but most of them are done so far in advance, they don't have any reaction to the previous season, so they can be very off.
I hear you on the Mexican, makes sence.
Madame Fashion, don't have my own trend book, I work for a large retailer, and part of what I do is put seasonal trend info together. Usually react to catwalks, but Summer shows happen so late, I like to start fishing around as early as possible. Will have to go shoping abroad soon to find new concepts, so hearing from all of you is great.

read somewhere that nicole kidman is doing a movie - "lady from shanghai". IF that's the case, i believe that oriental might be big again for 2006.

I'm waiting for more men-ish looks to come popular since atleast 2 f/w seasons have been oh-so-womanly. Maybe next fall?

wider trousers seem natural after skinny-fit mania. Hehe I actually stole my dads old trousers cos they're too small to him :lol: They're really comfortable and I saw some similar in proenza schouler ( spelling?) f/w 04 collection. Actually I wore the same outfit gemma ward modelled and suprise was big when I saw it on style.coms front page :D

Yeah.. im feeling that we are moving towards more 'androgony' style.. this is just a 'feeling'.. i would love to se more mannimalistic and not to frilly design but more simple..

i might be totally off.. im feeling loose trousers more laid back.. i don't know, it's interesting to see what the trends are going to be. :smile:

would anyone who downloaded the initial zip file be willing to post some of the images?

i do agree on the mexican...i sort of think this is what the wretched boho will evolve into...but i don't think the mexican inspired looks will be wretched...i think it will be very culturally aware and spiritual.

right on fransesca, latin america rules for ss06

actually its been showing around since this ss05 (got my knee length b&w mexican round skirt since February 05) so i'm positive it will go quite big for ss06.

^those b&w vintage mexican circle skirts are already on the sale racks at cheap stores like georgiou & forever 21.

tiamaria said:
Ok so here are my predictions for spring summer 2006

Arts and crafts

This has been a trend that has been trying to emerge for a while, i think it will make its major debue in 2006. Seeing it as a more popular trend.

I think nateral and earthy tones will be used in the trend such as warm pinks and peachey colours, yellows, beiges, terracotta and olive colours.

I think alot of prints will be used like those used in the early 20th century, a la william morris.

I think that materials will be light and airy taking insperation from 1930's day dresses.

now I like these trends, especially the "art & crafts" era trend - a la Alice Temperley, s/s '05. pictures from style.com​
00300f.jpg
00270f.jpg
00320f.jpg
00380f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
more of the william morris-insprired motif....just saw this bcbg dress on another thread:
augx1h.jpg
"...Some more pics from the opening of the new BCBG store. (JJ:cool:"

i am seeing the whole 20's/30's thing. very art deco.

a bit of the whole aviator trend, like ralph lauren s/s2005.

goes along with the whole english garden theme, i think it will be very delicate...in response to how heavy s/s & f/w have been.

love the idea of pajama style pants, reminds me of the baggy pants from john galliano, f/w 2005.

:flower:

indie said:
I'm waiting for more men-ish looks to come popular since atleast 2 f/w seasons have been oh-so-womanly. Maybe next fall?

wider trousers seem natural after skinny-fit mania. Hehe I actually stole my dads old trousers cos they're too small to him :lol: They're really comfortable and I saw some similar in proenza schouler ( spelling?) f/w 04 collection. Actually I wore the same outfit gemma ward modelled and suprise was big when I saw it on style.coms front page :D

It seems to already be a major trend this fall :smile:

Skirts are always big in my world ... I'm short and long-waisted, and many pants have a way of making me look short. I'm pretty pleased with the brown jeans I got for fall, Nordstroms did a fantastic job of hemming them for me, and the shape is pretty perfect--narrow but not too narrow, slight flare (Lauren). And I'm pulling out the long black skirts that do a pretty good job of making me look a bit taller.

Erich, BIG thanks! Btw, it expires after 7 days or 25 downloads. Can't wait to check it out.

Am I the only one here tired of frills, victoriana, art deco and the ultra-feminine? I've been deconstructing, shredding, restitching and mixing those with more modern pieces for years now.

I'm seeing a resurgence in naive geometric prints around me, and I'm thrilled that the IHT Style just did a feature on Marimekko.

http://www.iht.com/pages/style/index.php/index.html

The stripes fad does seem to be part of this mod, nouvelle vague, N. Euro scene, eg. Ivana Helsinki, and I've been watching a lot of recent re-issues of French new wave films like the indescribably beautiful Last Year at Marienbad and of course all the Godards, especially the stylish Anna Karina :wink: and Bardot in Contempt.

I'm loving sharp lines, capes, hoods, patterns, bell shapes and lean figures. I thought Balenciaga was referencing this a bit in his smashing A/W 2005/6 collection, and then for Resort 2006, he went all frills. Very confusing.

The mood boards also showed a lot of Art & Craft/Deco, ethereal frills and ethnic looks, but they don't put me in the mood, so to speak. :smile:

yet another william morris-esque dress, from Christian Lacroix couture, f/05:
00080m.jpg

henriette said:
yet another william morris-esque dress, from Christian Lacroix couture, f/05:

those runway pics are not william morris inspired... far too elaborate and lavish.

that said I'm definitely onto the arts and crafts thing for the spring. it is pretty but less feminised than the mainstream victoriana (which I do love, but...trying to go about a different channel). the colours are are a bit more naturalistic. we have a thread on this actually, but I'm just saying that I do agree totally on the morris/arts and crafts theme for spring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->