Spring/Summer 06 Trend Forecast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe minimilism is creeping in and is here to stay for a while.. Prada has always been one of the most influencial and avant garde designers, and she promoted it for spring 05, among others... Its also a backlash to the gypsy/hobo look which is beginning to look tired in my opinion. Women want to look sharp, but feminine at the same time..
I think the 40s pencil skirt will be big for spring 06, and wide floppy trousers too( see Galliano autumn 05)among many other shapes like shorts from the knee upwards...
Also have a strong feel for Peruvian looks in terms of ethnic and replacing the African look of summer 05.
Any feedback??

karenlevy said:
I believe minimilism is creeping in and is here to stay for a while..
I think the 40s pencil skirt will be big for spring 06, and wide floppy trousers too( see Galliano autumn 05)among many other shapes like shorts from the knee upwards...
Also have a strong feel for Peruvian looks in terms of ethnic and replacing the African look of summer 05.
Any feedback??

i agree with all that you said, i see both mexican and peruvian but in general i think ethnic will look very tired..
romanticism will also continue in this delicate turn of the century feeling

go to http://www.fashioncapital.co.uk/ for next seasons trends ( i know that what someone has wrote earlier on this page is a direct copy from there,naming no names, so i think it is best that you all go look at the original source, as it has pictures to go with it!Plus your getting it from a real trend predictor not a faux!)

Jo

thats a really good website ive never seen that before. Thanks for the link i like the sketches of the clothes. On there it is talking about boho still am i the only one that thinks this is very overbaked and will not emerge again in 2006.

Hi Tiamaria,
I also agree with you that the boho look wont be coming back, it has been overkilled in summer 05 and I heard directly from a mass market retailer who has put the look in their shops for this autumn, that it is already started to slow down.

Totally sick of boho, i want structure, i don't know why but i feel so much better in structed clothes, sexier, you knwo what i mean??? Boho makes me feel frumpy!

Hottest things I've seen

The hottest new trend I see is Ed Hardy. It's all over the place. I also see True Religion jeans and Antik Denim. What ever happened to Paper Denim? Is it over for them? Anyone? I am a big fan of a new line called Tag + - fits my rear end better then any other. Anyone have a hot shopping site that they are a fan of?

I like www.ifashionmall.com also eluxury.... where else? :P

Would you say that the Ed Hardy look is connected to the Rock chic (a la Kate Moss) and that this trend will get bigger for spring 06?

platform chunk heels 50's revival,loose lame and satin
shine shine shine and tiny bead necklaces loose and light jewlerry white pale green and red

Now that I've gotten a look at the NYC S/S 06 shows - There was definately a lot of chiffon - the colour schemes were incredibly simple-esque, lots of neutral tones...

...and I just finished stocking up for fall...
...what a viscious (but wonderfully indulgent) cycle..

After seeing the recent NY runways, I can say black and white is definitely going to be the color scheme for next season.

What I am seeing is lots of nautical stripes, colours are predominantly neutral which goes hand in hand with all the tailoring. Also noticed ginhams which I think will come in for high summer. All in all, a much more grown up feel than of late.

ok, the arts & crafts-inspired florals are here...especially in b&w. the woodcut roses, a la Charles Macintosh & William Morris. the black & white theme makes these florals more modern (and more commercial) I can see gap & banana jumping on this trendwagon.

(runway shots from style.com. various examples of arts & crafts florals from various arts & crafts sites???)

Last edited by a moderator:
since the spring/summer 06 shows are well under way, no much need of this thread to keep going longer..
we will just close it and leave it of future refference
in the meantime, feel free to start fresh threads featuring the spring summer 06 trends as you notice them from the catwalks

thanks everyone for participating at our s/s06 forecast discussion :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"