St Ives Apricot Scrub, Good or Evil

When I tried it as a teenager it made my skin itchy and bumpy. I tried it again recently and it doesn't irritate my skin anymore, but it does seem a little too abrasive. I like to mix baking soda with a very mild cleanser instead.

Why haven't I seen this thread before? I'm practically the spokesperson for the "St. Ives Apricot Scrub is Evil" society. This stuff is the h***** (highly addictive drug which shall remain nameless) of skincare. It makes your skin look really good, but it is bad, bad, bad for you.

Can you explain as to why its 'bad' for you?

Ive searched online for a few hours and havent found one reputable source that says St Ives causes 'microscoptic' tears in peoples skin. A lot of it is hearsay "my friend's dermatologist" so does anyone have a website (non-blog) that says it is bad for you? Because I cant imagine how this could tear your skin anymore than huge chunks of salt that are sharp like glass.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember using the scrub about a year ago, I do not know if they have changed anything about it (ingrediants etc!) since then, but I found it awful to use, it made me breakout horribly and did not help my skin at all! But of course, this could just be the affect it had on my skin & it probobly works better on other people! :flower:

i never thought of using it on my face, actually i use the one from Loreal Pure Zone, and does wonders for my face. anyone reccomend st ives scrub on the rest of the body?

I use it on my arms,particularly at the top where I have bobbly skin,and its smoothed it out wonderfully.

I'm with Sedirea,I have no problems with St Ives and use it on both my face and my body. I have terrible skin all over due to spots/psoriasis,but this doesn't effect it at all,just for the positive :flower:

I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin. As I'm getting older I need an exfoliant because my skin started looking dull. However, I use this only 2 a week and haven't had any problems. It's resonably priced and my skin always looks refreshed after using it.

THE BEST. That's my secret weapon. I use that every other day, if not everyday. I use the medicated version.

I have such sensitive skin I used it as there was nothing else to use in the house for about a week maybe two & it was awful for my skin :| but it works really well for other it's werid! I'm just hoping my antibiotics pay off :(

Ives Apricot Scrub is better used on your body, because the skin is your face is thinner.
i highly recommend essential exfoliator by la prairie - it's little pricey but you cant put a price on beauty, right? and please do not use ANY scrub everyday - it's really bad for your skin.

That's a really nice exfoliant, I havent used it in years, but thank you for reminding me. I always forget La Prairie has that item. Yay, off to Nordie's next week. :lol: It comes in a fabulous Extra-Large tube size.

yes it does and i think it's a steal! :smile:
enjoy it and your glowing skin!

It works fine for me, I use it maybe 1-2 times a week in the shower. I think I fairly sensitive skin, prone to break-outs with wrong products.. but this does not cause breakouts for me

I used it for awhile years ago, then stopped because I got one I liked better and plus I never liked the texture of it much. I ended using most of the last one I had as a body scrub then never bought it again.

They have 4 scrubs, just looked at their site. There was one that looked like this body wash, the same gel texture with the apricots suspended inside, instead of a scrub, and I remember using it when I had nothing probably else to use, long time ago, but cant find it...anyone know what I'm talking about? The texture looks like this.
pic from stives.com

I cleanse my face with Purpose by Johnson & Johnson. Believe it or not, this is some of the best stuff on the planet, recommended by my dermatologist aunt (and many other dermatologists). I have normal to dry skin, and I don't need much, b/c my skin is naturally clear and radiant!

Here's what I do:

anyway, I mix St. Ives with it once to twice a week (at most) to scrub my skin.

My skin also loves gentle creamy face cleansers like cetaphil, and I will mix it with that.

I never use St. Ives alone, b/c it can do harm to your skin.

But when mixed with your face cleanser, it still exfoliates without ripping your skin.

Just my suggestion. Try it.

I also use St. Ives to exfoliate my body, and do the same thing (mix it with my body cleanser)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though it has no reaction on my skin,I might try mixing it with cleanser

I use it once or twice a week and it works just fine with my sensitive but mixed skin, but I definitley think that it's no good idea to use it every day.

I'm going to have to go with Evil :( I've tried it, and it's good RIGHT after I use it-my skin is super soft, but I've found about 2-5 minutes later it makes my skin SO dried out :( And overall, I've found other exfoliators that are just as good if not better, that don't make my skin so dry.

im not big on facial scrubs in general because i dont see the point...for my skin i dont think its really necessary on a regular basis. this one does feel super rough so i was always weary of it but i didnt see a major difference/improvement from using it. i wouldnt recommend to any one who has sensitive skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->