St Ives Apricot Scrub, Good or Evil

I've used the acne fighting one for years and have never thought it to be too harsh. I don't have much of an acne problem anymore, but I still use it. My teenage brother uses it too--and it really helps his complexion.

Be careful with these grainy scrubs if you tend to break out. The tiny grains can clog your pores and cause break outs. It's better to use a non grainy exfoilator. I love Kiss My Face Start Up (previously named Jump Start) exfoliating face wash. Lil Max 17 gets occasional break outs but when he uses this followed with a little AHA cream his face is clear in just a day or so.

I use the apricot scrub on my face every morning while in the shower, and haven't experienced any of the side effects mentioned here (breakouts, irritated skin, etc.). Anyone else in the same boat? After reading through this thread, I feel like one of few with positive experience from this product.

Using the one for imperfections.......... A bit harsh but i just very lightly massage it over my face and leave it for 20 min for the medication to penetrate.

The new one has a fakish oatmeal perfume that I just HATE. :yuk:

I use the apricot scrub on my face every morning while in the shower, and haven't experienced any of the side effects mentioned here (breakouts, irritated skin, etc.). Anyone else in the same boat? After reading through this thread, I feel like one of few with positive experience from this product.

I'm with you on this one seanut...I have not had a bad experience with this product...I have it in my shower right now ^_^

^ Good to hear I'm not the only one! I've found that applying lotion after I get out of the shower prevents my skin from drying out from using the scrub. :smile:

What an interesting thread, I definitely have to go back and read everyone's experiences with this product.

My skin is really red and I always thought I had terrible acne, but recently my doctor told me I had Rosacea. I used to use the Apricot Scrub all the time, because I liked the grains, figured they got all the dead skin and dirt off. I've had to stop using it, because it irritated my skin and made my way incredibly red.

Theres nothing wrong with it.
I exfoliate with coffee and I think its way harsher than this stuff.
As long as youre not using it as sandpaper and pressing down hard it will not damage your skin long term. There are things in the dermatologist office that are even more harsher than this.

I find the scrub works fine for me. I suggest you only use it once a week or so, since it is on the harsh side.

Yeah, I agree with everyone. I LOVE this scrub. I keep it in my bathroom but I only use it once or twice a week. It always makes my face look really fresh and bright.

Today I switched to the Gentle scrub (before I was using the scrub for oily/acne prone skin), and I can already see a difference in my skin. Like I mentioned in a previous post, I always apply lotion after using the scrub, but after using the gentle version I've found that my skin isn't dry at all.

I found the exfoliating particles too rough for me...

I bought the blemish fighting one today so I can see for myself :lol:.
I'll tell you how it works for me.

I just used it and straight after, my skin looked healthy but my spots looked angry and red. My face felt really tight afterwards and even after I applyed my moisturiser (which feels sticky). I won't give up on it though :lol: this happens with most things I use.

Your face is gonna look red after you've exfoliated, thats normal. if it doesnt disappear in a few hours then something is wrong. If you want you can rub some honey on your face afterwards (massage it in) then wash it off and it should calm down the redness fairly well :smile:

Thanks ^ :flower:

The redness is gone now, and my spots don't look so red either (minus a few).

I think I get the same thing when I over use it, but now i use a use a much gentler witch hazel exfoliant by Witch and its really good. St. Ives cuts your skin on a level you cant see so i use light bath scrubbing things when i want dead skin off, much less abrasive

I always find st.ives good in summer because my skins more oily and it can take the abrasiveness but winter ugh it's so harsh my skin in a rash it's so scratchy. in winter though my face does look like a scaley dried up fish.

my skin is combination, oilyish on my forehead (but only ever since i got a fringe), dry cheeks, oily nose, dry chin. I use the invigorating scrub and it's fantastic, the blemish one is a bit too harsh for my skin and i don't get that many spots anyway. i never get redness which is weird cos my skin can be sensitive sometimes and turns red easily! st ives is the only face scrub i've used that ACTUALLY works..

Hi, St ives is not in Holland, and my Boy friend is in New York so i have ask him to bring this one with him back to Amsterdam. Hope it will be good..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->