Stefano Pilati Leaving Ermenegildo Zegna

^ i'm so excited about this, i hope he's not targeting extremely young audiences though :D

^ i'm so excited about this, i hope he's not targeting extremely young audiences though :D

I'm intrigued (not keen, intrigued!) to see what the full collection will look like because based on the previews, I can't say I'm overly impressed. It's very commercial. Perhaps too commercial for someone who supposedly ditched the fashion rat race to regroup.
Though with that said, the best thing to happen to Pilati was his move to Berlin. You can tell by these previews, and the earlier drop in June, that his work is certainly very much Berlin-influenced. That whole gender fluid, gritty and nonconformist silhouettes and elements. But he applied that dimension too moderately to his signature style, which renders the end result as the bastard sister of JW Anderson.

I wonder if it will look like the preview he showed last year.
I also wonder when his Berlin phase will end. I mean, it’s interesting that there he has discovered his rough side.
He used Berlin as a way to reinvent himself but his very bourgeois self might come back anytime.

And i’m all for a decent price point! Obviously, his new entourage is not the kind of people who will spend 6000€ on a coat like at Agnona or Zegna.

Very clever and i’m Excited.

Apparently the prices are going to be "not so expensive" ( maybe Acne prices ? ), so I've been told.

Anyway, I like mot of the things we can see in this preview. The cast is interesting and there are some kinky details on pieces that seem to be well tailored. For sure there is a Berlin edge in this collection, and I like it !

I'm not entirely impressed by the Berlin aesthetic on one side cause having lived there it might not look so fresh to me, but what he previewed was definitely interesting - and let's be honest, it's not like it's that far from my own style :D

I do wonder if it'll be sold exclusively on ssense / DSM, cause the article says they're the main partners but i hope there'll be more ways to buy the clothes.

Uh yeah, wish he hadn't come back after seeing that preview. Definitely very Berlin in the worst most flamboyant way. I personally think he's a better woman's designer.

Hippie style is not really his strong suit. I much prefer his romantic and elegant design for both mens' and womenswear.

Part of the collection is now on sale online on ssense, but i was under the impression that this would be unisex, while ssense specifically says it's menswear, i'm confused. I mean i don't care either way but it's a weird way to market it. The pricing is indeed reasonable though, I'd like to get that military trenchcoat or the satin overcoat but it'd really be a leap of faith without trying it on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->