Stella McCartney F/W 09.10 : Sigrid Agren by Ryan McGinley

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
xlb5as.jpg

DOE, A DEER: Nature-loving Stella McCartney worked closely with her inner child to come up with a Bambi-inspired ad campaign for fall. The campaign, shot by Ryan McGinley in the woods of Worcestershire, England, features cinema’s most famous deer and his pals Thumper, Friend Owl, Flower the skunk — and assorted butterflies and bluebirds. “I’m a huge Bambi fan, and the film reminds me of my mum,” said McCartney, referring to the late Linda McCartney. “And we wanted to have some fun. The clothes in the campaign are looking quite fierce, and we wanted to contrast them with the innocence of Bambi,” she added. Model Sigrid Agren is pictured stroking a live fox, while the Disney characters have been layered onto the photos. The art direction was done by McCartney’s in-house team, together with Partner and Partner in London. The ads will break as double-page spreads in the September issues of French, Italian and British Vogue, V and Another Magazine.

wwd / july 20, 2009

i just don't know what to even say...

thanks for posting, kimair. :flower:

Hmm. It would be a really good and romantic campaign without the Bambi team... I'm ok with the forest background and Sigrid's pose, but now it looks like a beautiful picture with some 5 year old girl's stickers put on.

I love how the owl and deer are giving Sigrid the side eye; like "what the cluck is this?"

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, I love Bambi, so I don't really mind it here. I think it's cute.

But shouldn't the title read Sigrid Agren and Bambi by Ryan McGinley?

Is this post or pre Bambi's mom getting shot, cuz Sigrid looks guilty...

Bambi, Flower, & Thumper! :buzz:

Oh wow I really love this! I don't think I would if it wasn't for the Disney animations especially Thumper. Bambi is one of my favorite Disney films so this is just lovely to me. :wub: So cute! I have always liked the way Stella McCartney ads seem to incorporate animation aspects into their ad campaigns. I love the idea of taking well known Disney characters that mostly everyone is familiar with & bringing them into the campaign. I am curious to see some more images! :smile:

Thank you for posting :flower:

only stella could get away with this sort of politicization of an ad campaign in such a cutesy way.

Hope some computer wiz can edit all the nonsense out, could have been the ad of the season without it.

ummm... do not like at all....
Sigrid looks angry having to share to spotlight with a bunch of cartoon characters...i did not expect this from Stella!!!

It doesn't look really professional, if you know what I mean. The lighting is too dim. Overall, though, it's funny!

Sigrid is doing her role super great!!
but for me doesn't figure out those fake fairy tales personages, they are made too much fake..needed more photoshop :D

"the innocence of Bambi"

Now I know why Sigrid was cast. She can do the bambi look so much better though. She kinda looks like she's being fierce. A time and a place Sigrid....haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
westernsoc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->