Stella McCartney S/S 2010 : Natalia Vodianova by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

really?
oh no:cry:
I don't like this ad
I like fw 2009 ad than ss 2010 ad
:cry::doh::(

i quite like it, although the dog in the background has absolutely nothing to do with the collection
Natalia looks alot like Charlotte Casiraghi in the shot

when i first saw it, I thought "Wow, great ad, love the background!" Then I realized it was a dalmatian :blink: I don't see how a dalmation fits into the collection but, I really love the ad anyways. Natalia looks amazing and the dress just pops.

I don't know why, but I like it.
Something caught my eye.

This is very eye-catching and Stella's best campaign to date (judging my the first image).
Natalia looks great, kinda like her expression. Nice colours as well, thanks for posting!

Hate the background,it's so distracting!
There's no connection between the dress and it

I'm really into this! Dynamic and fresh. The only thing that is a bit off is the dog (?!:huh:) in the background. But besides that - lovely campaign.

I don't mind it....you can't really go wrong with natalia :heart:...she looks beautiful.. but i don't understand the connection to the dalmation either ? quite strange. Otherwise it's nice.. dress looks beautiful and it's just whimsical enough..

Well, I think the dalmatien gives a secund degree feeling to this ad, and I really prefere that than the "me-myself-and I" feeling of many campaigns that just showed beautiful girls in beautiful clothes in a beautiful place with beautiful makeup: we have seen hundred of things like that... a dalmatien in a fashion ad, I find it very fun, with a bit of self-derision...
Stella is very involved in the protection of nature and animals, and never use fur or leather, so maybe it's a way to say that if you show an animal in a fashion ad, it's better a real one than a fur coat... maybe it's a humoristic reference to Disney movie "1001 Dalmatien" (?)

And I think that the contrast works very well...

:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
o'm not very sure of the dog but the color and the dress are just amazing and vibrant and Natalia is lovely :wub:
imo this is so far one of the best ads of the season

the background is just..confusing but i love Natalia in this

There were Dolphins, Disney animals and now a dalmatian, I wonder's what's next :lol:

I realize Stella likes to emphasize her love for the animals, which is obviously a good thing, but I don't get it here, really. Natalia looks good, though the pose doesn't convince me, still the dog has absolutely nothing to do with the collection or the dress itself.

^
:rofl:

I don't like it. Natalia looks good and the dress is cute but the background is ugly.

^ :rofl: imo Stella should just get over this animal obsession and shoot
the next campaign in a zoo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->