Stella McCartney S/S 2010 : Natalia Vodianova by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

I don't know if I laugh or cry :huh: wtf is that dog doing there?

It's different and it definitely calls for attention! The contrast results very well! Natalia looks great, kudos to her!

its so awful :lol:

i dont get the dalmatian in the background and the overairbrushing looks horrible. ewww
i doubt this is by ryan mcginley

It's pretty, but I don't get the background either.

This is just stunning beyond words! Natalia + Stella = can really do know wrong! I love it!

9GNk3.jpg

zwttK.jpg

STELLA’S SPOTS: Stella McCartney has put an old pal at the center of her spring ad campaign: Lucky, the pet dalmatian her family had when she was growing up. The black-and-white image of Lucky — shot by Linda McCartney in 1976 — serves as the backdrop to the ads, which feature Natalia Vodianova. The campaign, shot by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, was styled by McCartney and the art direction was done in house.

“I love the way it’s very graphic and soft at the same time, due to its double exposure,” said McCartney of her mother’s photo, which is entitled “Lucky, Sussex, 1976.” As for her choice of Mert and Marcus, McCartney told WWD: “I have known Marcus since I was a teenager and Mert from when they first met, but we never had the chance to work together. I wanted to capture their high-glamour approach over my mum’s low-maintenance way of working.”

She said the campaign images are “fashion meets reportage, mixing color, and black-and-white. A family animal with an outside atmosphere meets studio lights, camera, action! Opposites meeting in one image, illustrating the masculine and feminine sides of the Stella McCartney brand,” she said.

The ads will break in the March issues in the British, French and Italian editions of Vogue as well as in V and Pop. — Samantha Conti

wwd.com

She look great & i can't believe it than Mert & Marcus shot those.

I think the contrast between the colorful outfits and the b&w background is very interesting. However Natalia's facial expressions are somewhat weird.

Those 2 new shots are breathtaking!

Natalia looks really good in the new shots! Yeah, the dalmatian is still there, but I can't even see it... :smile:

so thats her dog :lol: tbh i dont like the looks she choose for the campaign

Quite surprised at how much I like these. Natalia looks gorgeous, very striking. Hope there is some more.
The dalmatian as the backdrop is a nice touch, adds dramatic effect. Especially in the white shot.

Actually, I kind of love it. At first sight it seems pretty pointless to put dog's profile in the background. When I've read Stella's explanation it started to make sense though and I think I understad what was her aim and think she really got it. I especially love the contrast between the dog's shot and Natalia's shot :wub: The story behind it is lovely and the final effect is really nice for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->