Steven Meisel - Photographer

Steven Meisel - Photographer

He is not only a great photographer but my idol.Every since i wanted to be photographer he has been the artist that has been my favorite for a long time
he is so talented. Replys
307757.jpg
:rolleyes:
couvEugeniaVolodina6VoItalMars03SMeisel.JPG
:D
stevenmeiselpub3.JPG
:flower:
couvRianneTenHaken1VoItalDec03StevenMeisel.JPG
couvJessicaStam2VogueItSept03StevenMeisel.jpg

Steven Meisel, not Miesel..maybe a mod will change the topics name..to make sure future searches wont be in vain :flower:

my contribution..a bit eerie. from vogue italia
pemily11.JPG

He shot one of my favourite editorials of all time, from Vogue Italia earlier in 2004 - also beautifully styled by Edward Enninful.

:heart: a selection of images from the shoot.

vogue-ital-0904-01.jpg

vogue-ital-0904-03.jpg

vogue-ital-0904-04.jpg

vogue-ital-0904-07.jpg

vogue-ital-0904-12.jpg

vogue-ital-0904-14.jpg

vogue

i wish US vogue let steven shoot HIS way for US vogue.

his italian vogue edits are brilliant.

the w androgyny edit was cool too, Im glad it upset some people.
provocation is good as long as its not ugly & debasing like terry richardson.

meisel's january us vogue edit with 12 great models was so disappointing. it was safe & lacked focus.

when anna lets meisel shoot HIS way in US vogue maybe he can resuscitate that tired middle american rag.

Steven is AMAZING. He's a big inspiration to me via photography. :heart:

stilista said:
He shot one of my favourite editorials of all time, from Vogue Italia earlier in 2004 - also beautifully styled by Edward Enninful.

LOVED that spread. :heart: :heart: :flower:

stilista said:

vogue-ital-0904-01.jpg

I feel like I've seen this 'apocalyptic couture' story from Steven about 300 times. :rolleyes:

He was once an amazing talent but I find his work nowadays is either xeroxed heavily from other photographers or a repetition of his own greatest hits. Or in many cases, both! :lol:

Italian Vogue desperately needs an injection of new blood. Meisel and Peter Lindbergh have been ruling its pages for far too long with their decadent, self-indulgent 30-page spreads. Contrary to most people's opinions, you CAN have too much of a good thing.

Metal, the shoot may be an old idea but I felt the whole team really worked so well on it. I couldn't find fault with any part of it...The make-up was perfect, the clothes beautiful and the set-styling just brilliant - one shot of her driving a car covered with smashed bird eggs was just superb.

I almost always love Vogue Italia's content - one of the few magazines I'll buy without flicking through it first (also because its usually sealed! ^_^ ),and I'd be happy to see shoots of this quality month after month because I'd gladly see amazing re-hashes than mediocre ones!

stilista said:
Metal, the shoot may be an old idea but I felt the whole team really worked so well on it. I couldn't find fault with any part of it...The make-up was perfect, the clothes beautiful and the set-styling just brilliant - one shot of her driving a car covered with smashed bird eggs was just superb.

I almost always love Vogue Italia's content - one of the few magazines I'll buy without flicking through it first (also because its usually sealed! ^_^ ),and I'd be happy to see shoots of this quality month after month because I'd gladly see amazing re-hashes than mediocre ones!

Oh I'm not saying it was a bad editorial. By no means. It's beautiful, absolutely. But just as boring grey studio shots get old in American Vogue every month, outrageous 'avant garde' formulas in Italian Vogue can get old as well. That's all.

ahhh, call me old-fashioned & boring, but I don't think I'm going to tire of Vogue Italia's version of outrageous 'avant garde' for a long time.... ^_^ I believe there's a lack of quality fashion editorials in magazines, so Meisel & Vogue give me a monthly fix that I wouldn't otherwise get. :flower:

I :heart: it Hana, thanks for posting all the pics! Edward Enninful did a great job on the styling!

the thing that keeps meisel from getting tired, in my eyes, is his understanding of sub-cultures and the subversiness he projects on his work, and yet how he manages to make his subjects beatiful and ever interesting... also there's this eeriness, as someone already mentioned, that i quite like, specially in his work for vogue italia

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Valkirius
    Back
    monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
    <-- Admiral -->