Stores / Websites with the Worst Customer Service

shoexgal

Reaction score
I was inspired to start this thread due to a recent string of horrible experiences at ICARA. I went into the Mission Viejo ICARA and this grandmother-like SA came up to me and was ultra pushy. I was looking at a sky tank that ran $200. I was going to buy it but I thought, maybe I'll try it on first. She started badgering me about their layaway program and telling me I just should put it on layaway its a great deal. She says "What can you pay NOW?" I was like holy moly I don't know. Then I put it on the table where I got it from and said I don't know that's an awful lot for a tank- And before I could say I would buy it she said, "Well if you can't afford it than you should just go because everything here is that price" I was so pissed I wrote a letter to their corporate :angry:

Now, that is really insane. I would defintely complain and good for you for writign a letter. More peopel should do that.

i hate the people at esperit an zara they are rude!!!they always look at you like you arent good enough.i had to buy a present for my sister so i decided to give this cute baggy jeans that i had seen and the saleswoman came up to me and said i should put it back because they werent going to fit me!!!(i wasnt buying them for myself!!)i told her that aslong i have the money i an buy whatever i like to buy ,wheter they fir me or not!!!and i told her that the customers are paying for their salary .i caused quite a scene!!!i threw the jeans on the floor and walked away!!!
kisskiss

:lol: Good lord, I'm beginning to think I've never even seen bad service :lol:

I was a bit shocked when zipping thru Saks today on my way somewhere else on my lunch hour, to be greeted in a very friendly manner by one of their SAs ... I had stopped shopping in Saks awhile ago due to Nordstrom's offering much better service ...

The cases mentioned here though sound like individual pathological people who have no business working in any field with customer contact ... or perhaps even human contact :rolleyes:

I think customer service training is essential and if these people were hired it definetely reflects on how good the company is and whether you should shop there.

Prada boutique - Bloor Street Toronto

the SA IGNORED ME when I asked him a question. He listened to what I had to say and then walked away. I thought he was a mute or something but then he said hi and was very chatty with the next person that walked in.

It not just you, I've also been a victim of the same warm welcome at the Prada boutique, I had to search for acknowledgement oddly enough I wasn't even there for myself, my wife wanted to stop in and see if they had a pair of sunglasses she's been contemplating. Feeling so belittled she ended you purchasing a pair of Gucci's from the sunglass hut.
fashion_boi_01 said:
Prada boutique - Bloor Street Toronto

the SA IGNORED ME when I asked him a question. He listened to what I had to say and then walked away. I thought he was a mute or something but then he said hi and was very chatty with the next person that walked in.

Ralph Lauren. The one at Madison wanted nothing to do w/ me until I started trying on the cashmere and Purple Label...Then they threw themselves at me...

Where else? That's the worst so far...SO FAR...

Ralph Lauren SA's always gives me the icy treatment. Its the main reason I don't shop there (South Coast Plaza, Orange County, CA)

^ It's thier thing, even when Im head-to-toe in Purple Label I get scoffed...

i'm not racist/prejudiced to any race/person/disability but i've noticed that this kind of attitude does not apply to the many boutiques and salons.

i've also noticed that there are a large number of SA's of a particular ethnicity that like to look down on others moreso than the other ethnicities out there.
i'm pretty sure that i'm not generalizing this fact on merely one experience, where i live, i've encountered the cold shoulder from countless SA's of the particular race i don't feel inclined to mention

Escada 104 King Street, Sydney

I went into Escada Shop at 104 King Street, Sydney once.

Oh, this lady - Cindy - was just so nasty, so unhelpful to me. :ninja:

I wrote a complain letter afterwards and the manager called back and said they would send me an apology letter.

It has been at least 1.5 years and I'm still waiting for my apology letter. :angry:

Girls like her should be sacked!!! :sick:

P.S. I have no problems with Escada shops in Hong Kong :blush: . They are all extremely nice and helpful. ^_^ It was just this stuck-up Cindy in the Sydney store! :angry:

shoexgal said:
I think customer service training is essential and if these people were hired it definetely reflects on how good the company is and whether you should shop there.

Well, a certain percentage of hiring decisions are going to be bad ones, almost no matter what you do. I think you guys should most definitely let store management know about these bad apples so they can take appropriate action (and training is unlikely to do the trick). What you have to remember is that pathological people like that are capable of being very charming when the need arises--it's the only way they can survive. So the people they're charming really need to hear from the people they're ... not.

Giorgio Armani in the Houston Galleria 1.Horrible Service never greated just bad customer service everytime. 2. Its riduclously dark in there I had sunglasses on way day an it went pitch black as soon as I walked in lol. Sales ppl there are just riduclous they never have customers an the stuff in their is ugly anyways all that Armani Beige I'll go across the hall to Emporio which has excellent service.(they used to have the same problem till they got their ***es chewed an the real Giorgio moved in town an kicked them down a notch hahaha) Even Bvlgari has good service...Although I had one good experience at Giorgio Armani, Carmen short pretty latin women she is very helpful & nice ,only one there that is.

Latin? :huh:

I agree, Armani thinks they're hot-sh*t, it's so dull! DULL!! Who else? Im sure I can think of some, Gucci is too big for thier britches, they're like "I guess I can fetch you a size in these 1k boots that are possible commission for me...IF YOU INSIST!"

Bergdorfs is snooty too, they dont have anything that Barneys and Saks doesn't have and I dont have to deal with all the forced pretention.

the post office haha

im usually treated really nicely, but if someone ignores me or whatever, i definitely dont take it personally

I've only been treated rudely in ralph lauren beverly hills.....I needed to do an exchange...and the sa's acted as if I was invisible...I so hate that.

One horror story from la Holt Renfrew (Bloor). Me and my friend wanted to go in randomly, and it was almost closing, but people still came in and went. So we were at the first floor looking at ties or something.

I can't remember how the exchange between my friend and the guy went. He said something mean, my friend said something mean to get back at him, and he started to entertain her properly afte ra few seconds. After that short cattiness she told me about how you have to be mean to the CS people for them to respect you.

I've been treated badly at A/X in the OC too. I don't get it. I know my old manager just moved there and told me that they work off commission. If they are, than they ought to give some attention to their customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->