Shopping At Luxury Stores

urgh that's rude :yuk:

but SAs should learn to stop making remarks about gold cards, since in Austria every student without even a steady income can get a Mastercard Gold :innocent: not to mention Platin ones are thrown after you in certain Asian countries...

I'm rather happy that I can at first brows around in luxury stores without SAs swarming all over me... well at least if I'm just looking. I also look like a tourist, so they forgive me my uhm casual dressing style I guess :ninja:

ambidextrous said:
urgh that's rude :yuk:

but SAs should learn to stop making remarks about gold cards, since in Austria every student without even a steady income can get a Mastercard Gold :innocent: not to mention Platin ones are thrown after you in certain Asian countries...

I'm rather happy that I can at first brows around in luxury stores without SAs swarming all over me... well at least if I'm just looking. I also look like a tourist, so they forgive me my uhm casual dressing style I guess :ninja:
Two words BLACK CARD, that card gets me aroused...It's the only card I really care about, the rest are available to anyone...

EVERYONE has a Platinum or Gold card, at least here in America, it's a marketing ploy even though we all know better, except American Express who are elitist to thier very core

Last edited by a moderator:
Diorling I TOTALLY Agree if I could have my Continental GT an Black Card aka Centurion. I would even pull up the the gas station only crack my tinted Gt window down an slide the card out to pay the gas attendent:D :D

But I would buy a fake promo one like the kind they send in the mail if anyone has got one Ill buy it!!!

^ one musn't forget the coutts (invitation only) world card...

almost all the SAs at louis vuitton boutiques in america piss me off. the only exceptions were some japanese woman at the boutique that just opened up in... i think it was maryland? and this man at the san diego boutique. can't recall any of their names. the sales associates at the champs elysees paris boutique are SO much better

best service: louboutin boutique on horatio st in nyc, givenchy on ave george V in paris and nyc, balenciaga in nyc and paris, gucci on rue du faubourg st honore/rue royale in paris, chanel on rue du faubourg st honore, costume national in paris, both chloe boutiques in paris, ysl on rue du faubourg st honore, chanel beverly hills, ysl in san francisco, celine beverly hills, hermes beverly hills
worst: lanvin in paris, louboutin in paris and the one on madison in nyc, LV in san francisco and almost anywhere, versace in nyc, ferragamo in nyc, chloe nyc, prada on 5th ave, hermes paris, gucci san francisco

have you been to that boutique before? the sales associates always seem to be in a terrible mood. every single time i've been in there someone was always barking at someone either in the store or over the phone. as beautiful as their clothes off, the environment in the boutique is a huge put off
oh yeah brown thomas in dublin and all of the jimmy choo boutiques always have excellent service.

travis_nw8 said:
^ one musn't forget the coutts (invitation only) world card...
Oh, and Citibank's black card which (I believe) is only available by invitation only if you live in Singapore or Japan...

YSL in Houston has amazing people. They treat you perfect right when you step in. They talk to you about the bags and shoes. They are perfect. Hopefuly next week I shall be getting the Johny boots. <3

I definately agree Smiths,they've been slow once or twice asking me if I needed help but ALWAYS Asked everytime so I will give them an A on customer service even though I really wanted one of those YSL logo tees an they were always sold out...Have you seen the new logo tee they have with those damn squares on them what the hell is that??? lol Anyways Miguel is an excellent Manager/Sales.
They definately have recruited me as a long term Customer!

today after work, i was in neimans waiting for the sa to bag my purchase. a lady walked past the sa standing right in front of me with her arms FULL of stuff and said, "will you ring me up please?" i told her i didnt work there and she said, "oh..." the sa sprung to life and volunteered to help, big surprise there. his manager walked up and said, "what's going on?" he simply said, "nothing, she just asked me to ring her up." i didnt say anything. the guy that was helping me out laughed.

GalleriaResident said:
I definately agree Smiths,they've been slow once or twice asking me if I needed help but ALWAYS Asked everytime so I will give them an A on customer service even though I really wanted one of those YSL logo tees an they were always sold out...Have you seen the new logo tee they have with those damn squares on them what the hell is that??? lol Anyways Miguel is an excellent Manager/Sales.
They definately have recruited me as a long term Customer!
Miguel is very nice. He helped me on my Johny Boots. I'm going to wait and see if they come out with more of less dressy type of shoe and buy them. Yesterday I saw the YSL logo tees, they are too..... flashy, i mostly want their amazing ties. They are heavy and amazing colors.

Hold on they have the big logo tshirts back(mens) in the store now???
not the stupid 4sqauare ones

^ Not sure......... but i did see some that had the YSL in black. I really did not pay close attention since Tshirts like that dont grab my attention.

GalleriaResident- well my mom is a chanel freak she has gazillions and also when we first immigrated to Canada, she went crazy and i always went with her and now its been like ten years and that same SA worked there so the communicationa nd relationship was great thats how my mom was VIP but serisoly it hink you do nneeed to spend some money hahaha

madem0iselle said:
GalleriaResident- well my mom is a chanel freak she has gazillions and also when we first immigrated to Canada, she went crazy and i always went with her and now its been like ten years and that same SA worked there so the communicationa nd relationship was great thats how my mom was VIP but serisoly it hink you do nneeed to spend some money hahaha

What you trying to call me poor? Just Kidding well obviously the main ingredient is currency so they know you lol

Todays experiences of looking for a luxe winter coat :
alexander mcqeen - fantastic saleswomen- got me seriously thinking about a weasel lined suede coat ( now i'm trying trying to justify the £4k price tag..).
fendi- awful- no service- left in a total strop ( to make matters worse i arrived with my father's car and driver!!)
gucci and dolce - bad as usual- where do they find them!
prada- suprising helpful and friendly ( found the one good one i suppose...)

My old wealthy and cranky aunt taught me to shop, I used to accompany her when I was 5 or 6 (bored to bits). She always entered a shop and made herself confortable, did not look to any SA, instead she found a confortable chair first and the SA would come to her... if there was no chair she would ask for it :shock: .

travis_nw8 said:
Todays experiences of looking for a luxe winter coat :
alexander mcqeen - fantastic saleswomen- got me seriously thinking about a weasel lined suede coat ( now i'm trying trying to justify the £4k price tag..).
fendi- awful- no service- left in a total strop ( to make matters worse i arrived with my father's car and driver!!)
gucci and dolce - bad as usual- where do they find them!
prada- suprising helpful and friendly ( found the one good one i suppose...)

:woot: ... weasel ... :lol: I know some people who should be wearing weasel ... :unsure: :lol: :innocent:

Men's Alex McQueen ermine-lined coat? Damn, picture, picture picture!

BTW, concerning the shopping at luxury stores, just a few thoughts
-Small shops are ALWAYS better than flagships. I hate flagships.
-I usually don't wear elegant clothes when shopping, it's a shop, not the Opera. Just wear casual (avoid the shorts and the t-shirts though haha), and feel confident
-I personally prefer women (as SA). But that's because I kinda know them now. But when I go to a new shop, I'm always told to see a man. They are SAID to be nicer, even if I haven't seen any difference.
-Oh yes, multi-brands boutique (or conceptual shops) have most of the time a very friendly staff. Concerning Paris, the staff at l'Eclaireur is fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moddydoo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->