Straightening / Flat Irons

Abril

Reaction score
do any of you use it? any brand you recommend?

Babyliss make excellent ones. Professional ones are the way to go, the Conair (and similar brands) are definately not as effective.

I agree with using pro ones. Solano makes a good range. I prefer the Sapphire.

-Uberfemme

i use the Chi Ceramic iron. my hair is pretty thick too. and it makes it so smooth and straight. love it

I tried that stupid Conair one after in some magazine like cosmogirl or something said it was the best hair straightener.. i wanted a straightener to straighten the ends of my hair so it would be stick straight instead of having the ends curl in or out but that thing did nothing for my hair ends.. It didn't straighten the ends at all, it just made it flat and have a lot of static!! So then after wasting all that time i had to put my hair up into a ponytail cause the thing didn't work :mad:

i dont use any but from the ppl that i hear that doo have and use them they say this
that they damadge your hair and give u more split ends.. depends on which brand u buy, some of them even burn your rooots if you do it close to your scalp..
depends on your hair type.. some times if u them they . tend to make your hair go beyond control.. and u'll end up more stressed then starting with them

it is expensive but the best way to get your curls stright and natural lookin is going to a salon...

but if you want to use the irons or home methods get someone to do it on u the first few times cuz it is a hasle to do it infront of the mirror .. true u'll end up doing it on your own one day but have someone help u out with it

i just recently purchased a ceramic iron...it has 15 heat settings, and the result is great!

its from jibere de paris...not sure about their reputation, but was recommended to me by sales associates.

I have the Babyliss steam ones at home, but don't need to use them much as my hair is more or less straight anyway.
My hairdresser uses the ghd ceramic ones which are excellent & heat up in seconds. They are expensive to buy.

another good brand to check out is HAI

I think the Chi is the best. I have the thickest, most unruly wavy hair ever and it works miracles. Plus it doesnt dry it out like other irons i have had. And i use a heat protectant spray from joico that helps keep it healthy! :P

Originally posted by divalish@Apr 18th, 2003 - 9:28 pm
And i use a heat protectant spray from joico that helps keep it healthy! :P
i need that!!! :woot:

Revlon makes a great flatiron, and it's soooo cheap like $16.00 and it really works wonders..... It's as good at straightening my EXTREMELY curly hair as the one used by my hairdresser, Solano Sapphire something....

i try usin straightenin irons but they dont work! my hair is too thick! the only way i get stick straight hair (almost) is using an actual iron.. all my friends do it and its cool!

Originally posted by pink_dancin_kitten@Sep 5th, 2003 - 5:01 pm
i try usin straightenin irons but they dont work! my hair is too thick! the only way i get stick straight hair (almost) is using an actual iron.. all my friends do it and its cool!
An actual iron.hmmm...really?! As long as you have some sort of heat protection on your hair, it can't be less damaging than the hair irons that get really really hot.

i bought one from Korea last year <im korean> ..i think thats the best..its the one they use for jap. thermal reconditioning...but i havent been using it seen i had reconditioning done :wink:

Originally posted by MissFire@Mar 13th, 2003 - 12:29 pm
i use the Chi Ceramic iron. my hair is pretty thick too. and it makes it so smooth and straight. love it
i agree, Chi is great. i love the way it staightens my hair, not like the other straightening irons that damage hair and cause split ends. there's no tugging and going back over the same piece just to get it staight.

i just had my salon order me one of theirs.
its from KAY STORE and is brilliant :heart:

people straighten their hair with an actual iron? are they asking for broken hair, split ends and a burnt scalp?!

GHD straighteners are brilliant. they straighten even the most unruly hair. they are expensive but worth it. and of course ensure you use a heat protector. kerastase have a good one. also, try to use and intensive penetrating deep cleansing conditioner once a week to replace any lost moisture.

samantha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onceler
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->