Straightening / Flat Irons

I wanted a straightener, but figured I'm fine doing blow-outs.

Are there any benefits to using a good straightener vs. doing blow-outs?

My CHI iron broke a couple days ago. I bought it from Trade Secret over a year ago. I remember when buying it they had some kind of return policy, that if it breaks you can get a new one. But now its been so long I don't remember exactly what it was. Does anyone else know? Thanks

^^^

Maybe you can see if they have a website and you could go from there.

I love my Babyliss Pro flat iron. It straighens better than any I've used before AND it's pink. LOL!

i use ghds...but straighteners are all the same to me, as long as they're high heat, pure ceramic/ionic and you use them right, you get a result. but i guess im a hypocrite because i really want to see what all the hype about CHI is all about

protection is really important, my hair used to be so brittle, and the straight, sleek effect never lasted longer than a few hours before i started to use the right spray. most of the heat protection sprays are only suitable for hairdrying heat.. i use schwarzkopf osis flatliner iron serum, which isnt really a serum but a spray and it protects your hair against 200 degree heat, and its worth the cost.

I love my GHDs I have the wide ones so when I do the curling with it its is more of a wavy look.

Out of the top straighteners, which do you guys think is best & why? The 3 listed below are the ones I always hear about. Are they really worth the $100 plus dollars?

1. T3
2. GHD
3. CHI

^ I have the GHD. And In my opinion it's definately worth $100!
I'd even pay more if I had to because it's THAT good. My hair is dry and wavy naturally, which takes 75 min to blowdry. It's also quiet fragile and breaks easily.
But the GHD is so gentle to my hair. I was shocked the first time I used it
because my hair went from wavy and dry to supersmooth and silky in 20 min.
Hope that helps! :flower:

^^^^I don't think she uses it on wet hair. Yikes I would never touch a flat iron on my wet hair, no matter how good the iron was. Isn't that hair/straightner suicide???:ninja:

I heard about that too..... whenever I used a straigthening iron on wet hair, it used to go REALLY steamy. Like I was cooking. But I got thick asian hair, it can take a hit or 20.

You can get wet to dry straightners I know that. I just didn't think GHDs were.

I have a wet and dry t3 but the only different is a few holes to vest the steam.

my straightener broke this morning before i got the chance to straighten my hair :angry: so obviously i'm looking to buy a new one. i just had a generic brand that i had bought from sally's for like $80; however this time, i'm thinking of going with an actual company with good reviews such as the chi, ghd, etc.

my hair is naturally wavy and after i wash it, it takes about 20-30 minutes to straighten it and if it's on a day i don't wash my hair, it's usually only about 10 minutes. i don't use a heat protectant spray or anything on my hair (i know i should) so i'm looking for something that won't damage my hair as much as others.

also when i straighten my hair, after about an hour and as the day goes on, it doesn't really stay straight. if i have one side behind my ear it waves a bit and forms to that position - same thing if i were to put my hair up in a ponytail and then take it down, i'd have a crease. basically what i'm asking is is this just how my hair is? or will a better straightener keep it straight throughout the day no matter if i put it behind my ear or put it up? i'm insanely jealous of girls who can put their hair up in a ponytail and then take it down and have it still be pin straight!

does anyone have any good advice?

My hair does that. You need to tie your ponytail really loose and use a soft bobble or it will have a dent.

wow.. I came in here to talk about the Tigi Bedhead Light Me Up 1" straightener I just bought for 70 bucks (and I thought that was a lot!) and y'all are talking about straighteners that cost 200-300 dollars... anyway, I'd been using a Revlon straightener but the ceramic was starting to wear away, I had two metal spots in the middle of the plates, so it was time for a new one. I can't really spend more than 100 bucks atm on a straightener, so after looking at a few stores, I settled on the Tigi. I tried it when I got home and I can see a difference already - my hair looked softer and shinier, but I've got a ton of product in it atm, so I really need to wash it and then straighten it to get an idea of how good it is. I'm hoping it's good quality though - it's hard to chose because they all said the same thing - ceramic plates, tourmaline, ions... so it's rather difficult trying to figure out which is the best. anyway, anyone used Tigi straighteners, or specifically the new Bedhead Light Me Up straightener, and if so, your thoughts on it?

Do you use yours on wet hair then?

LOL!
No no, that was a typo. What I meant to say was it went from wavy to supersmooth ^_^
I'm in the middle of finals and it's stressing me out so much lol...

Last edited by a moderator:
I work for a major hair care company and most of our top artist swear by the CHI...as do I. It doesn't damamge your hair as long as you do not rip the iron through it. Take small sections and don't keep on going over the same sectionof hair over and over again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
triplesilversilversilver
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->