Straightening / Flat Irons

I use the Wigo Tourmaline Tools 1" flat iron, and it's fantastic! It takes 50 seconds to reach 430 degrees Fahrenheit, and allows you to flip or curl your hair under easily.

Anyone else use this brand? I've read through the last few pages and haven't seen any mention of it.

I really want the GHD, I've heard really great things about it. I need a new flat iron, too.

The next one I am getting is the Croc Wet to Dry flatiron by TurboIon. Instead of ceramic, it has titanium plates. My stylist used it on me today and my hair has never been straighter.

how well does it last? does it damage the hair more? I'm really intrested!!

Where can I find a CHI iron online for the lowest price? I found one for $88, but I'm curious to see if other websites offer them for cheaper. Thanks in advance - I'm getting desperate here! :P

how well does it last? does it damage the hair more? I'm really intrested!!

So it has been 2 days since my hair appt and my hair is still stick straight - I love this! :heart: I live in FL and have a huge problem with frizz b/c its so humid and have had no frizz. Kerastase's Oleo Relax has contributed much to this of course.

According to my stylist, titanium is a better conductor for heat than ceramic. It emits negative ions to smooth the positive ions in your hair and drys it faster. It also helps keep the hair in good condition by locking in the hair’s own natural moisture.

I ordered the flat iron yesterday on overstock.com so I will do another review after I try to use it myself. I got the one w/ the digital display and works wet to dry.

Sorry to be so full of questions, but is the Farouck Deep Brilliance Ceramic Hairstyling Flat Iron Mini .5" identical to the regular CHI flat iron, only in a smaller size? I'm wondering because this is one result that pops up when I search for "CHI flat iron" on BizRate.com.

If they are similar, how is the .5" flat iron compared to the regular size? It's much cheaper, so I'm looking at it for an alternative option.

Never mind my last post - I just bought a regular CHI flat iron on eBay for $59 (plus $9.99 shipping). Somewhere in the distance, my wallet can be heard crying. -_-

How are T3 straighteners? Or basically, what is the best straightener currently on the market :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered the Sedu Flat Iron on a whim. I should have done a little more research before purchasing it. It turns out that the reason Sedu is #1 on Folica is the manufacturer of the Sedu . Scroll down to the reviews on this website.

How do you guys like the Sedu in comparison to other brands? Do you guys think the Sedu is a scam? I think I will return mine and get the Hai, like my stylist recommended.

How are T3 straighteners? Or basically, what is the best straightener currently on the market :flower:

I have a t3 straightener and curler (ceramic curlers are hard to find) and I like them both. I've been trying to figure out the answer to your question forever tho, and they all seem the same.

I just bought a GHD yesterday, finally, and I"m SO happy with it :smile: It's amazing - I only need one pass to get my hair straight, which has gotta save some damage, as before I had to go over it two or three times, with my old straighteners. It's lightweight, it heats up superfast, it's comfortable to hold, it STAYS hot, and even tho it's really hot and gets my hair really straight, there's no frizz. Totally worth the 200 bucks, and I don't say that lightly.

I've had a few straighteners before this - the last cheap one I had was Revlon, which wasn't bad really - it got my hair pretty straight - not as good as the GHD, but pretty straight...but it wasn't 'real' ceramic so it made it kind of frizzy, which I then had to tame with hella product. So then I decided, I'll spend some money and get a decent one (my Revlon, the ceramic had started to chip off). So, I didn't want to go to the high end ones yet, so I decided to get a Tigi straightener, the one that lights up and costs about 70 bucks. I had such high hopes. I got it home, and first of all, the temp dial said it went to 400 - there is no way that thing got up to 400 degrees. I did a few sections, went over it and over it, and it straightened, sort of, but it wasn't hot enough, so it didn't do a good job. The upside was less frizz than the Revlon, but...not straight. Not only that, after a few hours, it started to curl and wave back up again. Not to mention, the light stopped working after a week. I do not recommend Tigi straighteners. I seriously was so disappointed. At this point I said the hell with it and stopped straightening my hair for six months. Meanwhile I did some research, and then yesterday I got my lovely GHD, and I couldn't be happier :smile:

my hairdresser has the cutest grey CHI flat iron with lighter grey skulls(tastefully done) with red lights that spell Chi on it but its only sold to Professionals. ughh! and they get discounts and all that good stuff, she paid $120 for hers. i have straight hair already but she used it to curl my hair and it worked really well.

i went to Ulta and they didnt have any that had cute prints on it. just Black $150 and Blue $170. just for curling my hair occasionally its a bit much! and they dont look special like with prints etc. i'll probably wait and build up my Ulta points before i buy but right now its not worth it.

i looked at all the others brands but i didnt really see any cute ones. some looked too squared off and not rounded edged which would create creases when you try to curl.

I find it so hard to straighten my own hair,I'm a total dork lol. I wish I could though,my sister uses her straighteners to curl her hair and when I try it I just burn my fingers

my hairdresser was warning me about how hot flat irons get, her fingers were getting red when she was doing my hair lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onceler
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->