Stripes Galore S/S 11

seems like everyone's already stocking up on stripes for the upcoming spring season...

i feel like i need to add a striped top or two to my wardrobe...
a loose 3/4 sleeve perhaps?
i feel like i'll know it when i see it :P

check out the junya tops on barneys site. there are some really nice options.

I am huge lover of stripes. Just recently have I seen people wearing them much more than before. Excited to see what I will see this summer out on the streets.

check out the junya tops on barneys site. there are some really nice options.

oh my god! :shock:

lucky! :wub:

so tempted by the stuff that's available there...
kind of dying over some of the dresses actually!

http://www.barneys.com/Draped-Bar-Striped-Dress/501121666,default,pd.html
http://www.barneys.com/Striped-Cardigan-Overlay-Dress/501121672,default,pd.html
http://www.barneys.com/Bar-Striped-Dress/501121731,default,pd.html

they're torturously out of my price range :doh:
i may be able to spring for one of the tops though...

I love stripes. Its fantastic to see them interpreted in so many ways. So gorgeous.

seems like everyone's already stocking up on stripes for the upcoming spring season...
I've been doing that since 2009, I really don't think I need more striped tops. OK maybe a striped racer back tank top. But THEN I'm done.

:rofl:

^^stripes are definitely more of a classic rather than something new...
but you have to admit..
designers have been doing them in lots of cool new ways recently ^_^

I'm in Madrid at the moment and the shops are full of striped stuff! It seems all they have is navy & white striped dresses, tops, skirts, etc... I simply can't NOT buy anything. But I feel like it's getting too trendy, I don't wanna run around looking like the worst fashion victim only because I wear my standard uniform of navy/white stripes...
Posted via Mobile Device

Stripes are a classic, especially in the spring/summer season.

I don't remember a spring without stripes or flowers (especially since the month of May) or a summer without white clothing.
The stripes exit since the day someone dyed a thread with a different color. There are plenty of striped flags and there are teams from all kinds of sports wearing stripes every time they play.

Stripes, especially in navy/white, are a way of saying “hello” to the spring season. It is just the French fisherman’s traditional cloth, the Breton jersey, already appreciated by Coco Chanel and then by Jean Paul Gaulthier.

Yes, Prada has proposed stripes for this season, but for me it is not trendy, but very traditional. Change the color, thickness, position... but it's the same idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also a fan of stripes. Great thread. For some reason I prefer horizontal stripe tees. I like when it's done with a clean, and crisp look.

Agreed! I buy APC's striped tees every single season & have since collected about 5 of them. They're easy classics that will stand the test of time.

I'm gonna get my hands on the Prada fur stoles too, in navy/white.
Posted via Mobile Device

eterna well said. i always loved stripes but never thought to mix them with anything. but now i mix them with plaid a lot and a few other prints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->