Tag heuer hot or not?

Kristal

Reaction score
Hey there,

for a long time now I would like to purchase a big man watch. The reason I've never bought so far it is because I don't know if it's really trendy.

I have this special interest for Tag heuer watches because they got great design and a former friend I had used to wear one and was so proud of it. It seems that lately Tag heuer released some of their men watches but reduced the size a bit so that they would become women watches.

However I had this watch discussion at work with ppl saying to me that Tags are sport watches and wouldn't look good on a girl.

Since I've spared for a long long time i have now like a 1-2 K$ to spend. So my question is do you think it is worth to spend it all in a Tag or should I rather look at Louis Vuitton watches or Cartier?

Hummm I wanted to edit the previous message but apparently couldn't do it after 10 mins so guess I've got to write it all over again!!

So, there are three models I might consider buying. Plz tell me what you think about them.

06Monaco-White-Diamonds.jpg

This one is called the Monaco. I like the square design and the white color. Must be a version without the diamonds on the dial....

05Carrera-denim-diamond.jpg

This one is called the Carrera. It is one of their most famous watches in the male version. This was the watch my friend used to wear, he was so kind of proud of it. Once again, there's a version without diamonds I've seen in a magazine.

01Mini-LINK_DIAMONDS_PR.jpg

The one I like is the left one. This is a much smaller watch but I think it's quite classy. The only think I'm not sure about is the steel bracelet... steel doesn't look too fashion does it? This one is called the link.

They don't look like sports watches, no?

Tags are soooo not. If you want a big mens watch that looks good on women try the Chopard Mille Miglia Gran Turismo or a Rolex. My friend Meaghan wears her dad's Rolex and it looks soo cool b/c it's like an inch too big for her.

Diorling said:
Tags are soooo not. If you want a big mens watch that looks good on women try the Chopard Mille Miglia Gran Turismo or a Rolex. My friend Meaghan wears her dad's Rolex and it looks soo cool b/c it's like an inch too big for her.
You mean like this Chopard ??

chopard.jpg

The digits are fine but seriously there's no way I could wear a tyre around my wrist :huh:. But that could be the kind of nice watch I would like my man to wear.

A watch that is an inch too big for the wrist is exactly what I find nice and trendy. What kind of Rolex does she wear? I thought Rolex where for old rich men lol... not exactly my idea of a fashion item but I guess they must be very reliable watches as they're quite expensive.

Who owns a Tag watch or could tell me where I could find
some reviews?

Yep, it's a fabulous watch! Put a croc strap on it, it looks amazing on a woman (my coworker Tania wears hers and her wrist is tiny).

She has a Oyster I think the face is like a 40 - 42mm, it's quite large. Rolexes are fantastic watches, but extremely expensive. It's only cool when they're on a hip young woman...

Only on a hip young woman ? ... so I may consider buying a Rolex then ! ^_^
I thought Rolex had a women collection, no?

I'll check that even if I guess it's not affordable for me.

i like tags but not sure about the ones your posted to be honest, sorry. i like this one thoughhttp://www.tagheuer.com/the-collection/monaco/index.lbl?lang=en I adore that chopard pictured above. Rolex would be a bit too ghetto bling for my taste. But i like your taste in terms of buying a mans watch - i wear my boyfriends all the time :smile:

^ It can be. But they're prettty generic at this point, every man I know owns one...It's only hot on women.

^^ well thats what i mean, the name is up there with Louis Vuitton in terms of "luxe" cliches. I dont mean to take away from an original rolex - they are beautiful watches its just that if it were me and my money, i'd go for something a little less obvious. If you want to get a cool men's watch that's not going to break the bank, i quite like the brand Breil.

I think it totally depends on you. I bought my bf that limited production submariner with the green bezel and I thought it was so beautiful I wanted to get one for myself, but when I tried it on it looked like *** on me, was just too plain.

I'm used to wearing a male sized watch, both of my Chanel J12s are 38mm. They both have diamond bezels though so that makes them a tad more feminine. Have you considered a J12?

Dont get me wrong though, I grew up with Rolex (the womens size though) and they are great watches, but if you want something slightly less saturated check out the J12 ^_^.

TAG does have a women's line.
TAG is only a not if you think so.

as a watch enthusiast, i can tell you that tag heuer is kind of like an entry level brand in the world of fine swiss timepieces. they make a quality watch and have some great designs but if i had the money i would go with brands such as rolex or cartier. one isn't better than the other and their are certainly other brands as good as these, those are just my faves.

rolex has very tight control over production combined with their random price increases, so they rarely ever depreciate in price. my dad bought a submariner for 4700 4 years ago - sold it to guy for the same price this year. btw submariners run about 5100-5500 nowadays.

cartier and many other brands of this calibur will also hold their value very well.

a lot of tag models are unfortunately some of the worst at depreciation. however add-ons like diamonds etc make a considerable difference.

i'm not too familiar with the chanel j-12 features, but i have seen it around and i cant help but think the money could have been spent more wisely. i categorize those as 'fashion watches' - i'm of the mindset that if you're going to buy a watch, buy something that is made by the experts. even designers don't wear designer watches - they wear the big names like rolex, patek phillipe, cartier etc. fine watches are an investment just as much as jewelry.

seeing a cartier on a woman's wrist says sophistication to me. even more if its one of the 18k gold variations or ones that feature diamonds.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about an Omega Moonwatch...I was thinking of getting it myself :heart:

On topic...

I do like Tags. I tend to go for plain, and functional. For day to day wear I'm not always fond of metal bracelets, so I do like their "rubber" strapped cheaper F1 watch.

Tag is wrong. Unless you are flattered to wear Brand Pitt's watch (ewwww)
Nothing is more wrong than Rolex. Pure waste of money. Pure vulgarity and mediocrity. Screams "fresh new money - no taste yet".
If you want a nice women's watch, try either Chanel (sporty, fashionable, yet chic), Cartier, Chaumet (absolutely wonderful). Don't consider Chopard, really, they are so wrong (so are their jewels - those bloody moving sparking fishes... my aunt has a watch with three fishes, it gives me nightmares)

If you want to spend a lot of money on it, you can always go and see the watches by Vacheron Constantin, Zenith, and, of course, Patek Phillipe. There's no faux-pas as long as you stick to classic swiss brands. But Chanel could be a cheaper, and younger alternative. But Rolex/Tag? No way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Urgh... not a big fan of Tag, to be honest. Too sporty, even with diamonds in them.
Belletrist, I have a chopard watch! :cry: And I love it! It has no diamonds either and it actually looks very elegant and understated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->