Watches.. Your Collection What Have We Here?

Shadow, thanks! You and your husband really have a nice watch collection. Would you like to share some pics?:smile:

my collection:

blue 40mm panerai with blue leather strap
Cartier Roadster (men's size)
Black J12 chanel with diamond bezel
Sinn 40mm chronograph

damnalky said:
just recently bought a patek philippe from it's calatrava collection (model number is 3919 i believe, the color i got is rose gold. also comes in gold)

it's a men's watch. but i love the simplicity of it.

P1010009.jpg
OMGOMGOMGOMG I REALLLY LOVE THAT WATCH? do you mind me asking the rough cost?????? I only have a tag monaco and g-shock atm!!!wooo

Sorry about re-posting the pic! also, the jaeger-le coultre reverse watches are beautiful and very durable. They were first made for polo players who needed a watch that was less likely to be scratched. Buy it!!but they are expensive lol, around £4000 starting price for a middle range one.

Patek Philippe
Vacheron Constantin
Audemars Piguet
Jaeger le Coultre
Blancpain/Breguet
Girard Perregaux

... these are the traditional top watch manufacturers, the ones which invented the most complex mechanical innovations, tourbillons and so. But there is a world of mechanical watches out there, Glashutte, Eberhard, Hublot, IWC, A.Lange & Sohne, Franck Muller, Paul Picot, Bedat&Co, Panerai, Parmigiani...

20 years after the arrival of the first Swatch, and just when we just don't need to wear any watch because we can read the time in our mobile phone, the sales of complicated mechanical watches are higher than ever.

^yes...it's amazing...I guess that watches are very different accessories. They are more understated often times due to the size...honestly with the same amount of money, a nice watch will probably give me much more joy than a birkin bag, IMHO. I thought about buying a birkin or kelly, but somehow now I'm leaning towards a reverso:smile:

I'm a huge fan of watches. Here are some of them over the years :P

- Cartier tank solo steel
- Cartier tank divan steel large
- Cartier baignoire white gold
- Officine Panerai historic luminor marina (blue and white face) 40mm
- BVLGARI Rettangolo
- Jacob and co five time zone watch
- Roger Dubuis Too Much Large
- Roger Dubuis Golden Square with pearl face 40mm

I love them big on my wrist hehehe. :innocent:

Loving your collection eunhe !!!!!!!

Attachments

• DSC00186.JPG
    DSC00186.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC00187.JPG
    DSC00187.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited by a moderator:
Caffeine said:
^yes...it's amazing...I guess that watches are very different accessories. They are more understated often times due to the size...honestly with the same amount of money, a nice watch will probably give me much more joy than a birkin bag, IMHO. I thought about buying a birkin or kelly, but somehow now I'm leaning towards a reverso:smile:

I used to have the same "dilemma" and eventually always chose the watch and did not regret it.

I love watches! These are what I have, the newest baby is a Cartier Roadster, special BCA edition.

Attachments

• MyNewBaby.jpg
    MyNewBaby.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 12
  • cartier.jpg
    cartier.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 20
  • tagrolextiff.jpg
    tagrolextiff.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 15
  • miscellaneous.jpg
    miscellaneous.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 11
NicoleKass said:

- BVLGARI Rettangolo

Love your collection! Especially the Roger Dubuis Too Much! :woot:

I like 'em so BIG, I wear the PAM at size 44!

I have some swatch watches, a new elegant i got from my parents for xmas, i also often wear my mom's old watch from the 60s. I have a thing for that watch, like it's a good-luck charm to me, its lil noise makes me calm down and feel safe on the exams. :blush:

But the most precious is this one on the photo. Its story goes back to the second world war when russian soldiers stole things from ppl's home here and they also loved watches a lot.. :rolleyes: One soldier told my grandfather to give him his watch and my grandpa asked back in russian "if you get my watch, how will i know the time?" and the soldier was so surprised he let grandpa choose from the watches he "collected".. Now, this is that watch.. :wink:

Attachments

• wtch1.JPG
    wtch1.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 6
  • wtch.JPG
    wtch.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 6
^ thank you BagladyShoegirl ! 44 ? Thats hot. Now that Im into the "big watches" trend, I like them better than my 40s. What other watches do you have ? :D

ImpsblePrincess - yes, isn't the watch lovely?? The pink is much prettier compared to the regular pink on the roadster.

The roadster, the Tankissime, the tank française, there isn't a single Cartier watch that I don't like :shock:

NicoleKass said:

- BVLGARI Rettangolo

wow i love your collection! is that CARTIER? the 3rd watch on top with red leather strap? :smile: love it!

Caffeine said:
that's classic. I love it! I'm planning to get a plain Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso...do you guys think that it is a good idea? (I want something classic but not flashy...:(flower:

Yes - I can't think of a better watch for a woman. :flower:

shadow said:
... However, I very much envy my husbands' Omega Speedmaster and Breguet XX Transatlantique. I love mechanical watches, but they look just huge on me. There are very few women's mechanical watches (except for Rolex which I don't like in women) and those which do exist are MORE EXPENSIVE than the male version, since they are smaller in size and the technical difficulties are increased. Breguet dixit :(

Fak me! :woot: That's an awesome watch. I really like Breguet.

Chanel J12 diamond bezel 38cm
3 Rolex Oyster perpetuals, 1 oyster bracelet/2 jubilee (blue, black, rose faces).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->