Watches.. Your Collection What Have We Here?

paris

Reaction score
I know a time piece is essential, for men it's their "jewelry" for women it's an accessory with function...

So what do you have, love, or hide?

My first nice watch was a sporty gold ESQ because I had a summer job and could not afford a tag I so wanted... so badly...

then I added a Tag Heuer 2000 watch with Rose Gold Bezel and grey dial,
(ha ha yes I was a year or two into my job...) and then on a holiday to Paris I got a great deal on a Cartier Must21 in stainless silver-one of my absolute favorite watches for day and evening...

& my ex had showered me with 2 beautiful watches.. like a rolex oyster perpetual datejust with a two-toned jubilee bracelet and a silver tapestry dial

& a beautiful Michelle watch in white dial with diamonds and a red leather strap

I think I still wear my Cartier the most... I'm not sure why I'm shying away from my other watches... maybe some sad thoughts from the ex? not sure... but what about you... what's in your watch collection...

i got the same MUST 21 and i love it....
then i got a ROLEx SUbMariner gold and steel with blue dial
a Tabbah which is really old :yuk:
an AQUANAUTIC which is the big thing here right now
and the rest i dont really remember :innocent:

i have a tag.....which is too heavy for me
i have a gucci one.....with a silver frame and black leather strap
i once had a CK one but that broke within about a week

i got a few really cheap ones i dont really use also

I currently owns two Swatches and a Swiss Army watch.
I recently won a Casio Baby-G dolphin (?) but it has yet to arrive.
I used to have a rolly and a Gucci, but they both got stolen. :angry:
:furious:

I was destroyed when my beautiful Gucci watch given to me my parents as part of a college graduation gift was stolen. (I'll double check, but I think the number was 0180710 in case anyone runs across it. :woot: ) I replaced that with a Movado (because it looked almost the same, and I didn't want them to notice. When my mother finally did, I sold that... bad memories. :( )

I now switch between a black leather strapped, white-face, stainless Tiffany & Co. with roman numeral marking (made by Movado, actually) and a beautiful vintage Omega Submariner automatic , stainless, tan-ish face with copper number markers. Instead, I also use (another beautiful) smaller gold Arnex (?) pocketwatch with watchchain given to me this past Christmas by a good friend. (His father passed away last Fall and this was one from a collection of really nice watches that he found of his father's and wanted me to have that one. :rolleyes: B) )

I have two Swatches, one from way back in the day and the other a '96 Atlanta Olympic memorial that I actually bought at the WTC back when. I don't wear either since they are collectors and I don't want to mar them :wink: .

I want an A. Lange & Sohn but will most likely settle for a Raymond Weil soon and save the USD $20,000. :lol:

I have a little gold Skagen and some gold watch my mom bought me for my bday also an armani watch. I have some other cutesy ones I wear with specific things but they're just normal watches. I've been eyeing this tag for awhile now, go to buy it, then don't, then go again to buy it, then don't. I swear I will buy it for myself SOMEDAY! :lol:

Skagen maken such pretty watches. Great, classic designs
mostly. My friend, Dennis, replaces one with another. :flower:

Leyla- =) re:Must21 it's such a simple but beautiful watch =) so glad you are happy with it! although I never tried a Rolex Submariner... does it only come as a men's watch? just curious...

Sean-could you return or exchange the CK watch? after 1 week of use is really bad =(

Pfwoot- =) I hope you got your G-Shock by now... actually I had a baby G-shock, my sister borrowed it and left it at her ex's.... I'll never see it =( oh no! did you ever found out who took your Rolly & Gucci?

Xopher- I'm so sorry your parent's gift was stolen, how horrible... I like the Tiffany watch, it's very simple with the black strap and white face... that was the same look of my old Longine watch which got destroyed because this stupid watch store didn't seal up my watch and I had gotten water in it!!! sorry... still bitter... that was a gift from my parents.... and it's still a sore spot! Omega Submariner is such a cool watch! I love that watch on a guy.....Pocket watches are cool... very classic =) Good luck on your next timepiece... sounds like a beautiful collection!

=) thanks for sharing everyone =)

Paris-thanks for asking! No, I never found out who stole them. Sometime while I was in college my house was bulglarized and they took all of my nice jewelry and watches! Oh, well...I'll probably never be able to afford anything like it again :(

I hope my Casio arrives soon too! I look every day for it, also waiting for a Lomo Helga to arrive....anyday now :bounce:

:blush: Thanks, paris, that's really sweet. Sad to hear about your Longines, extra frustrating since I'm sure you expected quality work from this shop. Your collection sounds beautiful still B) . :heart:

Originally posted by LLaura@Apr 24th, 2003 - 1:48 pm
I have a little gold Skagen
I :heart: :heart: my Skagen watch. It's 3 years old and still looks brand new. I'm blind as a bat (even with my contacts in) so Skagen is perfect for me cause I need a watch that's simple, flat and with clearly lettered dials. I don't run into many people wearing Skagen, so when I do it's like a little "Skagen-lovers" club. :blush:

Wow, I must be really poor, all I can afford is Seiko... I have one nice gold one I wear for special things other then that I just get cheapie Fossils.... :ninja:

AndiMAC, one of my favorite watches is a Fossil. Well, for some reason, I don't care much about watches; my husband, on the other hand.... So, can I list his collection instead of mine? :rolleyes: Ebel, Quorum, Rolex, Cartier Pasha ( such a cool name, that's why I remember it :wacko: ), Tag heuer, Dunhill, Movado (that watch is like 2 mm in thickness), Swiss Army, some funcky Swatches and I'm sure I forgot some :blink: . I have a Rolex, a Cartier Basculante, the aforementioned Fossil, an old Gucci with those interchangeable colored rings, and a few Swatches.

I only own a Baume & Mercier. I absolutely love it. Once I went diving deep sea with it, me dummy. :wacko: Of course I took it to the seller jewelry and they fixed it :rolleyes:

My everyday watch is a white faced Longines with a two-tone bracelet style band.

When I go to the beach I change to a Baby G in a sort of army khaki colour.

For glam occasions, I have an old silver marcasite watch that I had restored, but I'm so blind that I can't read it. :lol:

My husband has a casio divers watch, he says it's perfect for surfing.

Bixi-love your watch!!!

Just recently bought a movado vizio-love it.
Go back and forth with the tag w/ the mother of pearl face and movado with the blue face/
On vacation love to wear my technomarine with the rubber band.

My first and still favorite designer watch is Cartier - must de Cartier. I got it as a high school graduation gift what seems like ages a go. :rolleyes: No scratches to this day! I am so bad with watches and I scratch the glass quite easily...

My second favorite would have to be a tie between Chopard happy diamonds and Frank Mueller watch... :crush: which I am afraid of wearing out, actually! :smile:

I also own a Technomarine. I don't really know the style name. I don't wear it as often b/c my wrist is almost as big as the actual watch :blink:

And, yes, I won't be buying anymore watches for the rest of my life! :ermm:

frank mueller!!!!!! :woot: must be one of my faves. il ove those watches :blush:

When I do wear a watch, I have one that is antique--white gold & diamonds. the face is so tiny, the watch looks like a bracelet.

:innocent: I just added a Monza Tag Heuer Watch to my collection... It's a man's watch but I love the classic black croc strap and simple face :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->