Tahnee Atkinson

lol wut?

the woman who didn't want her in her magazine now wants an exclusive?

flippin fantastic

:heart:

I don't think it's that she didn't WANT her. I think it's more that she wanted Cassi more.

Sugar & spice

06 JUL 09 @ 05:00AM BY CHRIS URANKAR

'Australia’s Next Top Model' comes to an exciting finish as Tahnee Atkinson, the 17-year-old sweet-faced darling of the competition is pitted against the feisty but truly stunning 16-year-old Cassi Van Den Dungen.

31871068bd43e80c8ec551fafb9cafc0_resized.jpg

How does it feel to be in the final two of Australia’s Next Top Model?
Tahnee: It’s so good, I’m so proud of myself. I can’t believe it I really wasn’t expecting it so it feels really good.
Cassi: Kind of, yeah, shocking, surreal – cos I’m just sitting at home now and it’s normal life.

When you started the competition, did you feel you’d make it this far?
Tahnee: No way. I didn’t expect it at all. I thought I’d maybe get into the top eight or top six, but definitely not top two.
Cassi: I definitely didn’t think so. You just sit there and look at the other girls and never think you’re as good as anyone.

What’s been your favourite memory about the competition?
Tahnee: It was all the best experience ever. Probably just learning so much about the industry and getting to meet all the people in the industry and all the girls – just meeting new people. My favourite photo shoot was probably the last one and the one in the desert with Russell James.
Cassi: I loved the Jez Smith photo shoot.

Any moments looking back you didn’t like or weren’t too proud of?
Tahnee: No, it was the best experience and I’d recommend it to anyone.
Cassi: I hated modeling at the fruit market, the whole morning I just felt like a piece of meat. It was more full on than what they actually showed, we couldn’t walk around the place without having a crew member with us it was that bad.

Were you a fan of the show before you went on?
Tahnee: I watched the show a few times but I wasn’t the biggest fan. The first few weeks we were all saying "I don’t want to the 'b*tch' of the show, the Demelza, I don’t want to be the bully." It was all something we were concerned about. I don’t think it can be helped. It’s normal for 17-18 year old girls, it comes across badly because were filmed.
Cassi: I never actually watched an episode! Now I’m here in the top two!

If you win Australia’s Next Top Model, what’s next for you?
Tahnee: I think it will open lots and lots of doors, especially getting the trip to America. I’d love to model in America. I’d take each day as it comes, hopefully working overseas.
Cassi: I want to be the face of something. I know the winner will be the face of Maybelline but being the face of something like Sportsgirl would be awesome. I love a lot of sports brands type thing. I have a lot of Everlast, Mooks and Mossimo clothing.

How do you feel you’re a better choice to win over your competitor?
Tahnee: I just think, Cassi, she’s beautiful, she takes amazing photos and she’s going to get a lot of work. I’ve always said that you need so much more than just a good body and a beautfiul face if you want to do more than a cover of Vogue and a spread in Harper’s. I want so much more than that. I want to be a successful model like Elle MacPherson and Megan Gale. If you look at them they’re more than just a pretty face they’ve got the attitude and the personality. I think I’ve got that too, I think I’m a role model. I want so much more than a spread in a magazine, I just want to be a successful model. It’s so hard to compare Cassi and I.
Cassi: You know what, I think honestly, me and Tahnee are two totally different people, and everyone has their own personal opinion, everyone has the type of people that they do and don’t people. So if you’re going to vote for me, vote for me because you like who I am. Don’t just vote for me because of the stuff I’ve done through the show or anything like that.

What’s your favourite subject at school? What career would you want to go into if modelling doesn’t work out?
Tahnee: Well I’m not doing my Year 12. I love learning, my favourite subject was dance. At the moment I’m concentrating on modelling. I can study whenever I want, but I’m only 17 once, and I’m only going to look like this once so I’m going to use my age to my advantage.

Cassi, how do you feel about being labelled the ‘bogan’ by the media? Does this make you upset?
Cassi: Well, I take the bogan thing as the fact that Charlotte and Jonathan didn’t have any other way of expressing that I was different. I am not a bogan you know? Mum watches the football and everything but I don’t. It didn’t get me upset because I understood that it was the only way they could express I was different to the other girls.

Cassi, looking back how do you feel when you watch the punching the wall incident?
Cassi: I really think that “ok I got angry”. I’m not ashamed, I’m not embarrassed, I’m not regretting it because I know why I got so angry. They didn’t show me going down to that elevator – I was down there for about a good hour and half away from Lola, she came up to apologise and I was like “you don’t mean it get away from me”. The way they showed it was kind of what happened, kinda not.

Tahnee, your body type was a point of debate on the show – how did this make you feel?
Tahnee: I know that out of the competition I’m going to be asked to lose weight. I’m expecting that. I think it’s a real shame that you have to be the real skinny type. To be honest I watch Fashion TV and I almost have to turn it off because I can’t stand that gaunt look. I think it’s a real shame that’s the only body that designers want for their clothes. I’m expecting to hear that I have to lose. I will, lose a certain amount. But if someone asked me to look like the girls in Paris then I won’t do it. I want to be a successful model but if they ever ask me to lose too much weight I’ll just say no. If I have to stay in Australia with my body now then I will. I’m a strong believer of being healthy and exercise, but I don’t want to be that skinny.

Tahnee, one of your London agents said you’d be fantastic at acting/presenting. Is this something you’d want to pursue?
Tahnee: Definitely, I’ve always wanted to something with television. I enjoy it. As he said "you don’t have to be too skinny to do that!"

alive-sydney.whereilive.com.au

Australia's next top model is not curvy

JUL 10, 10:51AM

Christine Fox, the Perth model agent who discovered Gemma Ward and Nicole Trunfio, says it's silly to label Australia's Next Top Model winner Tahnee Atkinson as "curvy".

"Tahnee has a body to die for, an athletic build, so to categorise her as she has been is ridiculous," Fox said. "She is not a waif, but she is not curvy. She's healthy, and she is in between. We would not call that curvy. A size 14-16 is getting more curvy," said Fox, form Vivien's Model Management.
Fox said models size 14-18 were usually deemed curvy or plus-sized. She also addedd that plus-sized models were as busy as thinner girls in the Eastern States.

Atkinson herself has been shocked to be labelled "curvy" following her beating out super skinny competition last night at the show's final and admitted to feeling pressure to lose weight during the show as she battled to prove she was as powerful a modelling force as her size six competitors.

"Our average model is sized 8-10 depending on their height," said Fox.

Atkinson said her body shape was the same as all her friends and she worried about what bigger girls in the community thought if a size 10 was labelled curvy.

"I have got a small waist and then bigger boobs and hips, but before modelling I wouldn't call myself curvy," she said.

"During the competition there was a little bit of pressure to lose weight because I knew I was being compared to girls who are very skinny.

"I knew Sarah (Murdoch) liked my body but that there were a few other judges and people in the industry who would like to see me a little bit skinnier."

The winning model said she was very happy with her body.

"I think it is a bit of a shame because if size 8-10 is considered curvy imagine what those girls who are a 12-14 think," she said.

thevine.com.au

with a t-shirt on, her boobs don't look that big anymore lol

and as long as she keeps on extending her neck, i'm more than happy with her :D

i didn't think i'd ever say that but i love her face in the last shot

more about Harper's:flower:

Australia's Next Top Model Tahnee Atkinson signs to Harper's Bazaar

July 28, 2009 12:00am

AS Cassi Van Den Dungen launches her career with a shoot for the Portmans' website, Tahnee Atkinson, who beat her on ANTM, has been signed to Harper's Bazaar.

0,,6761157,00.jpg

Just a matter of weeks after winning the hit Foxtel show, Atkinson has been signed up in an exclusive deal with the upmarket glossy title.

As part of her prize for winning Australia's Next Top Model, Atkinson won a feature spread in the magazine -- but after meeting Atkinson, fashion gurus at Harper's decided to immediately offer her an exclusive contract.

The deal guarantees Atkinson, 17, will shoot with the magazine for six months. Her first assignment will take place next month.

"We had Tahnee come in to the office after she won the show," Harper's Bazaar editor Edwina McCann said yesterday.

"Mark Vassallo, our creative fashion director, walked out of the meeting with her and said, get her for six months, sign her now."

Atkinson will appear in the October, November and December issues of the magazine, although she is not expected to land a coveted cover shoot.

"For us that would be too risky at this stage, but that does not mean that down the track she is not a potential cover girl," McCann said.

news.com.au

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Model Tahnee’s killer smile turns heads

17th July 2009, 6:00 WST

Perth model Tahnee Atkinson has hit the ground running since taking out the reality TV show Australia’s Next Top Model.

The 17-year-old has already made the move to Sydney and is rumoured to be sharing the catwalk with former Miss Universe Jennifer Hawkins as part of the Myer spring-summer parades in Sydney next month.

Atkinson was also chosen to model pieces from the new Kailis range, called Luminesse, at a media launch in Sydney on Wednesday.

Kailis spokeswoman Crystal Davis said: "Tahnee looked sensational."

"She has such a warm personality and a gorgeous smile, and that sense of joy she has perfectly embodies the spirit of the collection."

Along with fellow Perth models Simone Kerr and Sonia Kukainis, Atkinson also impressed Myer’s judges at a midweek casting for the store’s spring-summer parades.

In an unusual move for a catwalk show, models were instructed to smile and "show some personality" on the runway.

"The Perth girls were outstanding performers," Myer spokesman Mitch Catlin said. “The girls owned the catwalk and they knew how to flash a killer smile."

thewest.com.au

Kailis Pearls 'Luminesse' launch, Martin Browne Fine Art, Potts Point, Sydney

Australia’s Next Top Model winner Tahnee Atkinson made her debut appearance on Sydney’s social scene wearing a stunning Kailis necklace and a red Alex Perry one shouldered number.

misociety.com.au and vogue.com.au

i absolutely love the pic in #51, and i found another with more color^_^
86456202.jpg

news.com.au

lol

6 months' worth of editorials in Harpers. overkill much?
its probably a financial decision as much as anything. she would probably be cheap to get for 6 months and reasonably popular due to the tv show. magazine sales are down so if she is pretty good, will sell magazines and they can get her for a good price, why not?

that article about the exclusive with harpers is really interesting... all the new staff from grazia that got shipped over to harpers with staff changes made that decision - edwina mccan, mark vassallo, there is not one mention of Claudia Navone, the fashion editor who featured on the show and put her vote with cassi. Very interesting indeed. Clearly there is some difference of opinion within ACP magazines.

I'm excited to see her editorials though, i even hope harpers give her a cover, she's definitely got a beautiful face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->