• i LOVE it

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • YUCK, i hate it

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • it's ok, i can live with it or without it

Votes: 13 37.1%

• Total voters
seahorse,
not sure of the name. how much does it retail for and do they still sell them in shops?

yes, it was the neverfull NM...i had an auction for one with a matching coin purse a while back. it was the middle size. a lady in las vgas got it for a steal!

i finally went to the exhibit on saturday. To be honest, the bags were the least interesting thing about it. Sure, if I had thousands of dollars to spare, i may have gotten the neverfull but most of what they had was just not so impressive

the exhibit was fantastic though

seahorse,
not sure of the name. how much does it retail for and do they still sell them in shops?

Neverfull Tote
Available in 3 sizes, GM, MM and PM
GM 15.6"W x 12.8"H x 7.9"H retails for 960$
MM 12.5"W x 11.5"H x 6.5"H retails for 940$
PM 11.2"W x 8.7"H x 5.1"H retails for 860$

from fashionweekdaily...

Takashi Murakami mania is about to hit the East Coast. Following the debut of his retrospective, ©Murakami, at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Los Angeles in October, the exhibition is preparing for its New York premiere at the Brooklyn Museum of Art, which will host more than 90 works by the Japanese artist from April 5 to July 13.

What's more, the Louis Vuitton brand, which made retail history with its first-ever pop-up shop within MOCA to herald the exhibit, plans on installing a similar concept at the Brooklyn Museum of Art. "I will be introducing new characters," Murakami promised.

OMG!!!!! more characters???? i collect his work, does that mean i have to save more money to get ready for april? :P

I was so sad that i missed the MOCA exhibit! I am sooooo excited for the one in New York, hopefully i can make it there!! :smile:)) I wonder what characters he will make this time, i hope there wont be anymore hands! lol

from fashionweekdaily.com

A Nouveau Louis Vuitton

Monogram meets camouflage at the Brooklyn Museum of Art
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
(NEW YORK) Louis Vuitton is preparing for a major launch of a new accessory line, Fashion Week Daily has learned. Monogramouflage, as it is expected to be called, will combine the iconic French brand's monogram canvas with a new camouflage print designed by Takashi Murakami and Marc Jacobs. Vuitton brass will unveil the new collection on June 1 at a pop-up shop that will open at the Brooklyn Museum of Art (similar to the one at the MOCA in Los Angeles), following the "Brooklyn Ball" gala on April 3 heralding the East Coast Murakami retrospective. The products will then be sold at Vuitton stores worldwide starting June 15. Vuitton is a sponsor of the event (which is said to feature a performance by Jay-Z), and sales from the special museum store that night will benefit the Federal Enforcement Homeland Security Foundation. The Murakami exhibit will be open to the public from April 5 to July 3.

pic source : nytimes.com

Murakami Brooklyn Museum

It will start on April 5th in NY as a continuation of the exhibition at the MOCA at LA
I wonder what LV items they're going to come up now :P
click here for the previous post on the MOCA exhibition.
muraslide5.jpg
muraslide6.jpg

muraslide1.jpg

muraslide2.jpg

muraslide3.jpg

muraslide4.jpg

muraslide7.jpg

muraslide8.jpg

muraslide9.jpg

Here is your first look at the Monogramouflage design. The prints come in three shades of green, and will be featured in an accessories line debuting exclusively at the Brooklyn Museum of Art’s pop-up Vuitton shop on June 1.

fashionweekdaily.com

sorry, but this is horrid...:ninja:
like the gucci hearts ny, it looks like a canal street knockoff...

Attachments

• lvmurakamicamo.jpg
    lvmurakamicamo.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 19
thanks for the pics kimair but i agree, it's not pretty :(
i was expecting something more bright and cute, it's good for m pocket though :P

from wwd...

040308_14.jpg

040308_14%20%286%29.jpg

040308_14%20%281%29.jpg

Tonight, Vuitton is celebrating Takashi Murakami's "© Murakami" exhibition with a "Brooklyn Ball" at the Brooklyn Museum featuring a special performance by Kanye West, the unveiling of a new camouflage print developed by Murakami and Marc Jacobs called Monogramouflage and a special installation designed to bring attention to one of the industry's biggest travails — counterfeits.

But rather than simply hand out leaflets to alert guests about the importance of protecting original designs, the French luxury goods house will be taking a novel, somewhat intriguing route. Outside the museum, Vuitton is setting up 10 New York-style street vendors — not to sell fakes, but rather authentic Louis Vuitton product and special Monogramouflage canvases that Murakami has created specifically for the exhibition.

The Murakami exhibit opens its doors to the public on Saturday. Just like the previous MOCA edition, it will feature a special 550-square-foot Vuitton boutique, located within the exhibit on the museum's fifth floor. The store will offer multicolor monogram handbags and small leather goods, as well as 300 art canvas squares featuring the new Monogramouflage design, in coated canvas, denim and printed canvas. The first 50 of each edition will sell for $6,000, and the second batch for $10,000. Murakami also created three larger canvases, which will be auctioned at the gala tonight.

Sales from the Brooklyn Museum's store and the street vendors on the night of the gala will benefit the Federal Enforcement Homeland Security Foundation.

The Monogramouflage collection featuring luggage, handbags, small leather goods, costume jewelry and ready-to-wear will launch at the museum on June 1 and will be available at select Vuitton stores worldwide starting June 15.

Murakami told WWD that the collection had its origins a year or so ago, when he swung by Jacobs' SoHo studio. "Marc had a precise idea," Murakami said, although Monogramouflage isn't his first work in camouflage: In the past, he has produced prints featuring his iconic Mister DOB figure in a camouflage setting.

actually, the monogramouflage works better when the monogram is light colored like in the pic where Murakami is holding the canvas.

in dark? not so much....

i have always been a fan of the multicolor monogram, but the characters are overkill
they look kiddie

so, where's the bag? LOL
although i don't think i'm going to like it but i'm still curious

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roberterdmann
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->