Tanning Beds

I used to like once a week but now im too scared!!! Im afraid of premature ageing and cancer!

I actually started up tanning again. My only thing is that I ended up with this, I guess, heat rash? all over my stomach and it is annoying me. (It doesn't seem like many tan on here) but has anyone else noticed how much it reduces stress!? I read that it lets out endorfines and causes you to feel happier. I love the heat from the beds and having my ipod blasting.

absolutely no for me. there's awesome selftanners outside, so i'd never bother with artifcial skin cancer creators.

Never. And I won't tan in the sun or use fake tanner either. I don't care if people say someone with dark hair looks better with a tan. I rather not have skin cancer or leathery skin and tanning doesn't interest me at all. I don't see what's supposed to be so terrible about being pale.

^ I look better with a tan. I look too washed out as a blonde without some color. And it's good for me, vitamin D. It's the same as being in the sun, in my mind.

Acutally it is, UV rays are the same. Go google it, sweety :wink:.

"In theory, a tanning bed can be calibrated to emit a greater percentage of UVB rays." Which are the source of vitamin D.

womentowomen.com

"The sun is a good thing. Dr. Michael Holick, posing in a tanning bed, says that ultraviolet radiation helps the body produce Vitamin D."

USA today.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ just a foot note all UV (A,B,C) rays are quite harmful if you overdose.
but there is some people who just can get a even tan, and if u have sun rash because of tanning, then tanning is not made for you...

here just more information about UVA and UVB:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_tanning#Cause_and_effect

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you but I'm thinking it was from eating grape fruit now (not sure though.) I tan very good and rarely burn because I don't have fair skin, I just get a smidge pale in the winter and have a natural pigment. I was going crazy wondering what it was from though, because it hasn't ever happened before (from tanning) and I've been on the beach since birth and tanning since I was younger. I was also told it might be from the bed not being cleaned right but I hope not because that's gross. I'm pretty sure it's from eat grape fruit though, it has happened before that I had a breakout from it. But even if it's from tanning, it's quite normal. I would sometimes get it as a kid when the summer would come around.

The best way to remember the difference between UVA and UVB is this:

UVA is for aging, the rays in which you can't see immediate damage.
UVB is for burning, the rays that'll give you a sunburn.

Both cause great harm. You can still get a tan by applying sunblock.

Your skin will get darker without absorbing harmful rays from the sun.

I used to go on them all the time with one of my closest friends...but lately hes been diagnosed with skin cancer and its from over use of the sunbeds so its steered me well away from them!

I used to use them. But now its just st tropez for me!

but has anyone else noticed how much it reduces stress!? I read that it lets out endorfines and causes you to feel happier. I love the heat from the beds and having my ipod blasting.

Yes, and it helps with my winter depression too. B)

I don't like tanning at all but it does help my skin alot. I still don't go because i'm afraid lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->