Tanning

I used to really hate tanned skin but this summer I'm loving it. I was surprised to see really black people looking amazing. I like natural tans, instead of orange-paris-tan. I use Anthelios Lait by La Roche Posay SPF 15 for my face and tanning oil for my body. Swimming pool works the best for me.

I am very pale so I don't tan fast, but after a month going to the beach every day (I know I'm lucky) I do get a great tan, not that horrible blackish tan some people have (I'm not talking about natural dark skin but the kind of tan that looks as if you haven't had a shower for ages) and people can't believe I'm so pale! I prefer the beach, it makes you tan faster because of the iodine in the water.

The secret for a beautiful tan is probably a beautiful skin, lots of moisturizer and water and you'll get tanned faster and better. I've tried a wide range of products, I don't have a favourite, now I'm using Nivea sumousse SPF-20 and it doesn't work bad. The sunscreen you need depends on your skin and when you tan, I've used SPF-60 and still got sunburnt because I spent a whole morning at the beach while I was still pale, now the first three/four days I go to the beach for about an hour or two after 5 p.m and use SPF-30, then I start going for a progressively longer time in the morning and after a week or so, when I'm not so pale and my skin is more or less used to being exposed to the sun I use SPF-15.

I could get a very deep tan if i wanted to, but since i was about 20 i haven´t been doing this! :D

I allways use cream, repeat it several times, and never expose in the "bad" hours. :smile:
Also, i haven´t had a sunburn in a very long time!

Like Irene A said, i also really dislike people who have that kind of a tan that makes you look like a barbacued sausage! lol It´s like reddish/brown...yuck! When i see people with that kind of tanned skin i can only think of skin cancer and wrinkles... :o

Last edited by a moderator:
i think tanning is awful. i don't find it attractive at all, on anyone. i'm a lifeguard, i work in the sun everyday, and i pour sunblock on myself every 2 hours.

DO you tan fast? Relatively fast, two or three days in the sun give me a sunkisssed look I'm after.
Do you love tanned skin? I like it on some but not on others, and deffinately not overly tanned.
So you think that you get a better tan
in the swimmingpool/ water or while just lying in the sun? In the swimming pool or the sea.
What is the secret to a beautiful tan?!? Spend lots of time in the water but with alot of sun tan lotion, a tan is not worth cancer (or wrinkles). Also moisturise, moisturise, moisturise, a tan is not nice if its on dry cracked skin.
Do you prefer sunmilk or spray? Sunmilk.
What sunspray/milk do you use?
Do you think that LSF(40/50) is better than a small(15/8/30) one? High sun factors all the way, for my skin anyway. I've used them all my life and I still tan whilst wearing them, and like I said I don't want to risk cancer

Because of my ethnicty I do tan very quick. It takes me just 10-15 minutes
and I start to show. When I was in my teens I used to tan a lot! I had
no care in the world about wearing any sunblock, in which now I totally
regret! I have some sun spots around the cheeks of my face, and have
freckles elsewhere on my body that I can't stand, like on my shoulders. :yuk:
I've burned my skin to the point where I had to go to the emergency room
for care. I was red, lobster RED! It's been good 9 years that I've kept
myself out from the sun as much as possible. Mind you, I still do the fun
activities with friends, it's just when I do go out, I always wear sunblock
and wear hats if I know that I will be outside for few hours. I've learned
from my past. :shock: I get teased now and been called Casper, and Milk, but
I want to look healthy when I get older, and so be it that I'm Casper and Milk! :lol:

^^if you've never had freckles before can you get freckles from too much sun?maybe im being naive i just thought you were born with them and then the sun brings them out

In Summer I like to tan verrrrrry slowly ... always wear shades, a hat or cover up in an oversized tee... Start off the bikini season with self-tan already applied so I'm not a whiter shade of pale on the beach and then for the rest of the summer I'll use a body lotion with self-tan in it like Johnson's Holiday Skin.... and I always use Vichy SPF 60 on my face.

sofialuv said:
Like Irene A said, i also really dislike people who have that kind of a tan that makes you look like a barbacued sausage! lol It´s like reddish/brown...yuck! When i see people with that kind of tanned skin i can only think of skin cancer and wrinkles... :o

My boss looks just like that! And he's the one who always tells me that I look sickly and keeps calling me chalk/mozzarella. :cry: If he wasn't my boss, I would tell him he looks like roast chicken and at least 10 years older than he is...:angry: :P

I've slathered on sun block for years... first it was to prevent burns, but now it's to do both that and to prevent cancer.

I think real tans are disgusting... all darker skin equates to is hurting skin... yikes.

I feel the same way Erin....
are you pale like me?
My friends tease me sometimes for being pale, but I know for a fact I will age better than them. Some of the tan-a-holics are showing skin damage....
and we're in our early 20's.

brokenenglish said:
I feel the same way Erin....
are you pale like me?
My friends tease me sometimes for being pale, but I know for a fact I will age better than them. Some of the tan-a-holics are showing skin damage....
and we're in our early 20's.

im always teased for being pale.and told to go in the sun.but iv learnt to just ignore it.i kinda like being different in summer, and then having the perfect skin tone for winter

They can tease me all they want.....
I just hope it doesn't come back to bite them in the a** when they are all leather-y or worse..... having skin cancer.

I read online the other day that skin cancer is really on the rise.

I can't believe you don't have to be 18 to tan....
I don't think a 15-16 year old really understands the consequences of tanning..... I know I didn't.

I am very pale naturally (heritage is a mix of English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh and French) and when I was younger I burnt like crazy, but now I don't really change colour at all :| But in the extreme heat the UK's been having, I do have a slight tan :o I wish I tanned more easily, I love tanned skin.

Fusion Beauty-GlowFusion AirGlow Self-Tanning

0471869071997_275x275.jpg

Fusion Beauty

GlowFusion Air Glow

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]A revolutionary self-tanning technology designed to deliver a perfect, natural looking shade. Uses an at-home, rechargeable airbrush gun that mists a sheer, vapor-light layer of cocoa-infused GlowFusion Micro-Nutrient Tinted Protein Tan that dries on contact. No need to smooth, spread or touch. Develops naturally and can last for up to two weeks without fading. No streaking or straining. Dermatologist recommended [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Non-comedogenic [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Non-harmful dyes [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Suitable for all skin types [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]4 oz.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]$175.00 [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]saks.com[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Anyone used this? I'm intrigued. I always end up looking orange when using self-tanners, and I have used Clarins,Guerlain, etc. so this sounds nice! No need to touch your face. I'm looking pale and summer is almost here. I refuse to go in a tanning bed. [/FONT]

Darker/ethnic skin - best tanning products?

Just wondered if anyone had any advice as to tanning products for slightly darker, or yellow toned skin (ethnic, asian, indian). The response I usually get is, why do you want to tan if you are already tanned?! But I find that generally tanning products give my skin a much nicer glow and tone to it and generally make me look healthier.
So any advice? I'm after body fake tans that are slightly more orange than those intended for fairer skin (because they tend to work better with my complexion) and also makeup bronzers that are, again, slightly oranger.
:flower:

My friend doesnt use tanner as such but uses a hawaiin tropic gel which has glitery bits in almost like a bronzer for bodies .. it works well and gives her a certain glow with out tanning her or making her orangey

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->