Tanning

I think your risk of getting cancer after 5 or 6 uses of a tanning bed are very slim.

I wouldnt risk tanning beds if i were you....cancer risk obviously and people i know who use it look really orange :blink:

I suggest fake tan, but apply it a few weeks before so you know what shade it is and you have extra time to even out the tan more :flower:

We have a tanning bed in our pool house and none of my family members have cancer.

Fake tanners on naturally pale skin look disgusting and dirty.

You could always go on a nice little vacation down south :wink:

Originally posted by CelineChic@May 23rd, 2004 - 1:06 am
We have a tanning bed in our pool house and none of my family members have cancer.

im sure you all look older then you really are though, if not now give it a few years.

I dont think fake tanners on Fair skin look gross at all, thats basically the reason they were invented. If their put on even and well they look good.

Originally posted by StellaStarr+May 23rd, 2004 - 1:09 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StellaStarr @ May 23rd, 2004 - 1:09 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-CelineChic@May 23rd, 2004 - 1:06 am

im sure you all look older then you really are though, if not now give it a few years.

I dont think fake tanners on Fair skin look gross at all, thats basically the reason they were invented. If their put on even and well they look good. [/b][/quote]
actually quite the contrary. My mothers skin looks much better than most women her age.

As for me I think I still look young because I am young. :lol:

i hate solariums and tan beds, apart from the health reasons, they have a YELLOWish effect :sick:

twilight, i'd say try to catch some real sun and use a good tanning product,
there is nothing like a real sun blush :wink:

Uhhh...de-tanning?

I've had this tan since last July and I can't get rid of it! It's mainly on my legs but some of it's on my stomach and it's completely uneven. I wear skirts but I don't wear stomach-exposing anything and the tan is still slightly there. Is there a way to get rid of it besides covering up all the time?

I doubt there is, so can anyone reccomend a self-tanner? I have pale skin.

Other than staying out of the sun exfoliating and putting sunblock, I wonder if a whitening cream would work, but thats something to consult with a derma if it really is bothering you.

^ Yeah like SK-II or something should lighten your tan but it's meant for the face so it's going to be damn expensive to buy enough for your legs!

I'm guessing it's because you're out in the sun? How about sunscreen?

well sunscreen helps because it prevents any further tanning so if you prevent further coloring it should "de-tan" eventually.

A tan should fade pretty quickly, especially if you have fair skin. I agree, a trip to the dermatologist is probably in order. You may have a skin condition that causes mottling.

DO you tan fast?
Do you love tanned skin?
So you think that you get a better tan
in the swimmingpool/ water or while just lying in the sun?
What is the secret to a beautiful tan?!?
Do you prefer sunmilk or spray?
What sunspray/milk do you use?
Do you think that LSF(40/50) is better than a small(15/8/30) one?

I am the worst when it comes to tans! I probably shouldn't be tanning at all, because first I get a bad rash for 2 weeks, then it turns tan, but it's still itchy for a while! I am still itchy from a tanning session a month ago! I don't know why this is, it wasn't like this a few years ago. I used to get nice tans. Just be careful and don't overdo it. Cancer, remember?
Anyhow now I'm experimenting with different self tanners.

i dont tan at all.i was in america for two weeks and am pratically the same colour i left as yet i dont even think im a fan of overly tanned skin,and dont think for one second id look good with a dark tan.and the secret is being careful,burn and you'll go patchy.its better to have too much protection then too little.and drink lots, eat, and dont fall asleep in it

I tend to tan but I need to wear an SPF 15 sunscreen (no higher unless I want to avoid nasty tan lines when not in swimsuit) so that I don't burn. I just got Coppertone's waterproof SPF 15 stuff and it works well. However I tend to tan the best with tanning oil.

I tan really slowly, and I am naturally VERY pale. I don't like the overly-tanned look, but I also don't like how so very white I am. I know that laying out in the sun is bad and that tanning beds are even worse, but I admit to doing them both sometimes. I am careful to never burn, and the way I see it everyone has their vice! :innocent:

I know tans are out but i am a addict i wear self tanner year round. I love to be golden. and if i am at the beach i am never dark enouph. I am lily white ,burn at first but then turn so dark people dont believe me when i say im really snow white!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->