Tanning

Ok my legs are sooooo pale. Normally I would just bang on the st tropez but..... I cut my legs shaving the other day so I have these scabs. If I tan will it go all dark brown/orange around them?

Self-Tanning

I'm not one for melanoma, so I'm thinking about trying a self-tanner. I've got my eye on Kiehl's Self-Tan, because I love their other skin products. Does anyone have any comments about this one? Thanks!

620_L.jpg

From the website:
  • For all skin types
  • Non-oily, lightweight texture that is quick to dry
  • Formula spreads smoothly and evenly
  • Long-lasting natural tan develops in 1 hour
  • Leaves skin soft and supple
  • Not tested on animals
  • For Face and body
This lightweight, non-greasy self-tanning formula glides on easily for long-lasting, natural-looking color. Our unique lotion is instantly absorbed, leaving no streaking or splotchiness, as its tanning action begins to work within an hour of application. Made with Apricot Kernel Oil, Cocoa Seed Butter, and Vitamin E, the formula nurtures and moisturizes skin. As we regularly advise our patrons to limit sun exposure and thus avoid skin damage caused by harmful UV rays, our “sun-free” formula is ideal for providing the sought-after effects of tanning without the risk of sun damage, helping to preserve and protect the healthy appearance of skin. One hour after application, prior to any sun exposure, we recommend use of a sunscreen of SPF 15 or higher.

5 oz. - $22.50.

I use a tanning bed sometimes but only in the fall/winter because it helps keep my skin clear.

^ yeah i find that the sun keeps my skin clear too. I dont use sunbeds though, but I find that in winter when i'm not regularly in the sun that i get acne.
It also helps with the chicken skin on my arms... And it just makes you look all healthy and happy and everyone looks good with a nice glow!
Self-tanners never work for me, they always go streaky. Even the expensive ones!

i am somehow addicted to tanning. i spend all summer on the sun. somewhere on the beach. literally all summer. during winters i use sunbed. twice per month. everybody says that it is unhealthy. it will ruin my skin. etc. etc. but. i am such a weirdo when it comes to everything.. that actually the sun and sunbeds help me to fight little acne and cellulite even. i feel much more happy and generally, i am a blonde with a little darker skin naturally, so i see no wrongs in using a bit tan from time to time.

it really helps me. and i have no wrinkles. like people doom all the time.

i quess it depends on people.

I'm starting to get really annoyed with being pale, but then i'm worried about tanning. After asking various females opinions it seems that fake tan for a guy is just a no-no. I can't use a sunbed because i'll damage my skin and I don't get enough time to go abroad. I don't know what to do :(

I'm already naturally tan but I use a self tanner because sometimes I feel like my legs get a little bit lighter, probably due to the lack of sun here... I haven't used one that is messy yet so I hope I'm doing it right by spreading evenly, I really loved it though! Gives me a nice glow tan without those sparkles/shimmers in them that make you look orange .
^_^

I'm starting to get really annoyed with being pale, but then i'm worried about tanning. After asking various females opinions it seems that fake tan for a guy is just a no-no. I can't use a sunbed because i'll damage my skin and I don't get enough time to go abroad. I don't know what to do :(

i think you should go thru some of the threads on tanning, this one & others ive seen some other guys post about their favorite products. definitely do your own research & read your reviews because you might be looking for a different degree of tan.

i think both guys and girls look perfectly fine pale. but its really your personal decision whether you choose to get a fake tan. if you get a real one it must be very gradual and try not to burn...which is my dilemma im super fair and burn easily so pretty much i get out when i feel im getting too much. i have never been considered 'tan' because i dont get that dark. i dont tan easily...but i have really given up on the fake tanning. its a lot of work and up keep and if your not perfect it can be pretty noticeable :lol:. same here i dont have enough time to stay out all day everyday to tan, i dont have that much free time! plus its winter here in California! its not necessary to look tan, ive been embracing the pale and just making sure my hair, makeup, & clothes<-this you can do... compliment my skin.

p.s. although i say a guy should be able to do whatever they want 'cosmetically' they can fakebake just like the girls. im not against it but i would prefer a guy to not do it. nothing wrong with pale males.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think fake tans never work - you always end up looking a tad darker then you're supposed or end up with sneaky tell tale signs of fakies.
Thankfully I'm blessed to live in a country with great sun: a week at the beach does wonders!

I'm the biggest hypocrite to say this but I want to go lay in a tanning bed lately, because it does help depression, I've been a bit down, and I would probably cover my face half the time but I'm so pale and I want some color and also want to feel better. I exercise a lot, every day, and so tanning I think in combination with that could help me.

^:o

Maybe you should treat yourself to a massage or treatment so your skin is really glowing and do spray tan instead? You could also look into lamps which are meant to cheer people up in the dark days of winter...feel better soon my dear! :heart::wub:

does spray tanning actually work? i've been looking into it but i am so afraid to leave looking like pumpkin pie.

I'm the biggest hypocrite to say this but I want to go lay in a tanning bed lately, because it does help depression, I've been a bit down, and I would probably cover my face half the time but I'm so pale and I want some color and also want to feel better. I exercise a lot, every day, and so tanning I think in combination with that could help me.
Wow I feel exactly the same. I'm having the worst case of seasonal affective disorder, I'm so depressed lately. :(

does spray tanning actually work? i've been looking into it but i am so afraid to leave looking like pumpkin pie.

That's what scares me too. Have you seen that episode of 'Friends' where Ross accidently gets sprayed 4 times? That's put me off some what! If you do try it though let me know :flower:

I've been using one of those self-tanning body lotions and it has worked to my surprise ^_^

Thanks miu_miu. I'm feeling better, but I'd still love to lay in a tanning bed for a couple minutes maybe once a week at my gym. I know that's so bad...but I would cover my face...well anyway I have had a spray tan and I had to have my friend come in and help me rub it in...I mean, how else are you going to make areas you cant reach to blend evenly? She blended it all over my back and shoulders and it didnt look good...I think the other hand-held spray tan machine that a pro does would come out better? I just dont want to look orange, I want to look golden. Probably will never happen. :rolleyes:

i never go tanning. not in the solarium and not in the sun during summer... i always have a cream with spf with me! the only thing i use is some tanning cream from bebe on my body during summer :smile: the result always looks nice so thats all for me

I decided to go to solarium before my prom ball, just to get a bit of tan (I know all harmful effects though), because I'm pale and I'd like to look healthy. I was so wrong!:doh: I went there twice, for the first time I lay there for 5 minutes and for the second time 6 minutes. I got sunburns, my skin looks dry and "washed out", plus my skin started itching like crazy.:cry: Now I'm applying jojoba oil all the time and in the evening I'm going to use Bepanthen.
No more tanning beds for me.-_-

I love the way skin looks after using hawaiian tropic+Lancester in the sun then applying st tropez sunless tanning foam after showering. Its so natural and leaves u glowing, plus it lasts for ages.

i will never ever ever tan in the sun or tanning beds again. i will stay in the shade and wear 30SPF all over my face and body every day. you're really only supposed to have 10minutes of sun a day and we all get more than that just by walking to our cars or getting the mail, etc. it all adds up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->