Teach me your language I teach you mine

:lol:OK...I've been watching clips of Wetten, dass..? and they keep saying bittesehr..

I guess the best way is to mimic the pronunciations^_^I find that ö and ü are very similar, from some of the lied I've been listening..

How do you pronounce Joachim as in Joachim Löw?:innocent:And is Rockpalast still ongoing or are they just showing reruns? :lol:Sorry I have too many questions about Germany..

OH great this thread exists!

I was wondering if anyone would want to help me with my italian! (like sending each other emails/messages :smile: ) I started home schooled italian courses to get a diploma, and I read a lot, but I'd like to write and converse with someone so I can try to come up with the words spontaneously ^_^

And in exchange I can help them with their french! :wink:

Would any italian speaker care to translate this sentence?

"while it may seem like a simple task - it is anything but"

^ I wouldnt know how to, I dont speak it, well Im only learning...
I just noticed that there are a lot of people that want to learn italian here but no one seems to be italian or an italian speaker... Where are those guys?? :P

A couple of questions regarding French & German:

1. Does tant pis have several meanings?
2. Is it ok if we use de rien in all occasions? Are there any situations where je vous en prie is required?
3. Do we really have to say Excusez-moi, de vous deranger mais j'ai un probleme? Will I sound pretentious/overtly polite?
4. In German, what happens to the vowels if there's an umlaut on top if it?

Thanks in advance..

1. What meanings of tant pis, do you know ? I just know one ......
2. Yes, you can use de rien et je vous en prie in all occasions. Je vous en prie is though, imo, more polite ... "De rien" is more common. You can, also, say "Avec plaisir".
3. I say that everytime I call a call-centre for instance. I don't know how people consider it. But I would say it is polite, indeed. Not pretentious, though !

* and yes I am french !
:lol::wink:
:P

since the "de rien" question popped up - what about "(il n'y a) pas de quoi"? is it less common? i never know what type of "you're welcome" i'm supposed to say in french:doh::lol:

I always use de rien(informal), I've never heard of (il n'y a) pas de quoi tho.

Does anyone here speak Polish BTW?

since the "de rien" question popped up - what about "(il n'y a) pas de quoi"? is it less common? i never know what type of "you're welcome" i'm supposed to say in french:doh::lol:

You can use "il n'y a pas de quoi", many people say that in France.
"De rien" is more common and easier but there is no rule, use the one you prefer :smile:

^merci!:smile:

now, if someone could help me with english... silly question, but kinda urgent, i can't find what is more correct: "in its educational trajectory" or "on its educational trajectory"?

(feel free to warn me if the term "educational trajectory" sounds weird btw, i'm translating something here...:rolleyes:)

Can someone please translate this in swedish for me?

"Merry Christmas to you,
Thanks for everything,
I hope you enjoy your gift!

Love,"

I'd use google translator but i kinda don't trust it.

^

Ha en God Jul, (meaning have a merry christmas, merry christmas to you is just something you dont really say, or you could just say merry christmas; god jul)
Tack för allt,
Jag hoppas att du gillar din present!

Hälsningar,

French people, I need your help!

How do you say: "She heard (two) people having sex"?
'faire l'amour' sounds a bit too... romantic, and 'coucher avec' doesn't fit in (unless you say with eachother?)..

^haha! :d well it depends on how familiar you want to get...

I think "faire l'amour" is ok, even though there is a certain romantic connotation, if you want to use "coucher avec" you can turn the phrase around into "elle les a entendu coucher ensemble" (together rather than with each other)
both work :smile:

there's 'avoir des rapports sexuels' as well but that's probably too formal

is the noun 'le sexe' similar to english in that it's used for both gender and the act of sex?

Yeah its kind of formal. ^_^

Yes, sex(e) in french means either the act of, the gender or even the reproductive parts.
Posted via Mobile Device

so perhaps she could say something like:

'elle a entendu deux gens ayant du sexe'?

(now I'm curious, lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HigthaVandah
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->