Teach me your language I teach you mine

I dont think you can actually say "faire du sex", it doesnt sound right. ^_^ (yes i was born in france and lived here my whole life and still, i doubt some stuff :P)
Posted via Mobile Device

Guys, I need some help! There is an expression in portuguese that is ''Eu não quero saber!" it's an equivalent of "I don't wanna know about it!", I was wondering can I say in french "Je ne veux pas savoir!", I mean, would it mean the same thing???

I think you can say 'Je ne veux pas le savoir', but perhaps a native French could explain it better ^_^

Guys, I need some help! There is an expression in portuguese that is ''Eu não quero saber!" it's an equivalent of "I don't wanna know about it!", I was wondering can I say in french "Je ne veux pas savoir!", I mean, would it mean the same thing???

Yes it can mean the same but I'd personally prefer use this lower down for what you specified :

"Je ne veux pas le savoir"

Basically the article "le" can be used to put an emphasis (I hope it's the correct word :P) on what you do not want to know... in conversations though (I say that for Guadeoupe :D) we don't much use this form.

Well, if you mean like you don't want care about what the person is saying/doing, you could say (very informal though) je m'en fous or je m'en fiche.

French people, I need your help!

How do you say: "She heard (two) people having sex"?
'faire l'amour' sounds a bit too... romantic, and 'coucher avec' doesn't fit in (unless you say with eachother?)..

Double post but I'd like to answer that :

"Elle a entendue deux personnes baiser"... :doh: That's rough but it's the best verb in french to take off all romantism in the act of making love.

Now the verb 'coucher' doesn't necessarily imply to say 'each other' in the sense of : Elle a entendu... coucher l'un avec l'autre. This could be resumed by 'ensemble' - "coucher ensemble" and also but very rarely though it's possible to hear/see the v. 'coucher' alone...

^Both are very informal, but je m'en fiche sounds less vulgar to me. Je n'ai rien à voir avec... is a more subtle way to say the same thing in my opinion, even if it's still informal. Well I'm not French so I'm just expressing my point of view ^_^

Can someone translate these?
first one from Tatler mag e the other one from Vogue Nippon.

please, please, please, please (...) :blush:

from anna dello russo's topic

I can translate the one which is in russian:

The article says that she owns two appartements on the second floor of a building in Milano. The first appartement is for her clothes, and in the second one she lives. They're separated by a Chanel rug. In the first appartement where her clothes are all furniture is italian and made in 19th century. The golden wallpapers represent the interiors of Palazzo Valguarnera-Gangi which is in Palermo where the action of the movie "Leopard", directed by Luchino Visconti takes place. The onliest thing which can remind you the century we are in is a green marble bathtub, which is one of the newest discovers in sanitary engineering. A guest can't estimate the beauty of the interior at once. Firstly he will be dazzled by the sparkle there, including Anna. What more can you expect from a girl who lives with 4000 pairs of shoes and few hundreds of smokings. And that's not the limit. "Anna would eat clothes if she could." says one of her colleagues from Vogue Italia where she worked as a fashion editor in 1990s.

Sorry for my mistakes, if you don't understand something feel free to ask.

What does Pullip mean in korean? I think it´s a variation of the proper word...?

what is the best way in french to say "to do"? not as in any of the millions of verb possibilities, but rather as in a "to-do list." like if I wanted to label a folder "to do"

would I just label it "à faire"? or "à être finit"?
thanks!

yep a faire is the best. and just a little correction it would be à finir in the other case :flower:

I'd love it if somebody who knows french could correct a speech I made? It's quite short but probably with loads of errors :lol:

can anyone tell me what the expression "to show stripes" mean ? the whole phrase is : and the elephants show stripes. is it any kind of expression ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->